• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so pumped for RAAM's shadow tomorrow, I need something to take away from the monotony of kill grinding. I'm upto 34 onyx medals (got leader matches, heavy weapons, 6000 pickup kills, and spotter in the last week and a half) now and am level 99.

Damn you made a lot of progress, how did you do it? Getting 34 onyx medals. Also getting to level 99, that must be hard.

Lima

Thanks, This

only 8 hours of the 12th left for me, im trying to figure out what times its going to go live over here.

For some reason iv got

4am
8am
10am

in my head so its one of those i think. more clarification would be great

I'm from your time zone mate. 10-11 in the morning. That's when the content usually hits for us.

Played with the BIGGEST wangcaster last night. Our whole team put in a valiant effort until it was this douche with another dude against two adversaries. I was watching his cam; he had a Torque and managed to get the complete drop on one guy in cover - he had about ten minutes to line up a headshot. I was yelling at my TV, commanding him to shoot, but no, he pulls out his Snub, downs the guy and proceeds to roadie-run to the other guy, refusing to do anything but roll and hip-fire the Torque... And of course, he misses every single shot, lets the other guy recover and cops it in the face.

Fucking DOODLE HEAD.

On a positive note, I can't wait to rock Raam in MP. I'm usually very torn as to what Locust skin to use, whereas I'm pretty happy with the normal/classic Marcus skins as my COG. The ultimate combo, no doubt.

I'm halfway done playing through Gears 2 and DAMN they were not joking when they said it's bigger, better, more badass WOW.

Not played much of Gears 3 yet only the begining but i really hope its even bigger, better, and more badass then Gears 2 :)

here i thought going into Gears 2 and 3 i would not like them at all lol .

wow that's a shit tonne of events rod just announced

courtesy of Vexta from the epic forums
Gearsmas
Day 1 - Fortifications are free, Gift Boxes everywhere
Day 2 - Friendly Fire Turned on!
Day 3 - Big Head Mutator on
Day 4 - Cluckshot's replace Boomshot's
Day 5 - Higher Tier Beasts are easier to get
Day 6 - Tickers and Flame Boomers
Day 7 - Comet Mutator turned on for KOTH
Day 8 - 4xExp Multiplier
Day 9 - Berzerkers on every wave and Laugh Track
Day 10 - Lambent every wave
Day 11 - Snowman's heads
Day 12 - all weapon pick ups replaced by Mortars

past events make a comeback
Day 1 - Brothers to the end
Day 2 - Torque Bow Tag
Day 3 - Can You Dig It
Day 4-6 - Hardcore Playlist
Day 7-8 - Boomsnipes
Day 9-10 - This is My Rifle
Day 11 - Thanks Gibbing
Day 12 - One Shot One Kill

What I usually see:
Warzone, execution, wingman, and Alpha usually under 1,000 (like 600-800)
Capture the leader has a bit over 1,000
KoTh at like 4,000
TDM is around 6,000-10,000

Thanks.

KOTH, TDM and Horde were always my favorite playlists anyways.

I loved Warzone and Execution in GoW, but back then I started playing multiplayer at release, so I was on equal footing with most of the people in the pool.

With GoW3, going into round-based modes against people that have been mainlining all three games is insane, cause you know you're going to die and end up watching most of the match (not to mention putting your team at a huge disadvantage).

Thanks.

KOTH, TDM and Horde were always my favorite playlists anyways.

I loved Warzone and Execution in GoW, but back then I started playing multiplayer at release, so I was on equal footing with most of the people in the pool.

With GoW3, going into round-based modes against people that have been mainlining all three games is insane, cause you know you're going to die and end up watching most of the match (not to mention putting your team at a huge disadvantage).

Gears 2 was probably my first foray into online gaming and I actually had very little idea of what lag was and how it affected everything. After deciding that this whole online thing was pretty cool and eventually buying Modern Warfare 1, I realised how shit Gears 2 was.

*shudder*

I still loved the type of game that it was, though and that's why I'm so head-over-heels in love with GoW3.

Ah, memories.

probably Beast mode
I think they mean Versus when they say multiplayer. At least I hope so...

3 minutes to RAAM's Shadow!

EDIT: It seems nothing can ever go smoothly with Epic and the Gears games. People with the season pass are getting prompted to download RAAM's Shadow but asked to pay 1200 MSP to download it. SMH EPIC/MICROSOFT, can't you get ANYTHING right on the first go?

JMizzlin

EDIT: It seems nothing can ever go smoothly with Epic and the Gears games. People with the season pass are getting prompted to download RAAM's Shadow but asked to pay 1200 MSP to download it. SMH EPIC/MICROSOFT, can't you get ANYTHING right on the first go?

It's terrible! I somehow managed to get my crew online and then this shit happens. I hope it doesn't take long to fix :(

cresto

Jut have to wait till microsoft fix it.

How the season pass is set up truly upsets me. I should be the first person to get it. I paid for this crap a long ago and should get first dibs. Their in-game marketplace is archaic and unusable. You'd think MS would get their heads out of their asses and figure out a decent way to display DLC. There needs to be categories to easily sort out all the different DLC types. This whole long list is so incredibly painful to try and find something. Pathetic.

How the season pass is set up truly upsets me. I should be the first person to get it. I paid for this crap a long ago and should get first dibs. Their in-game marketplace is archaic and unusable. You'd think MS would get their heads out of their asses and figure out a decent way to display DLC. There needs to be categories to easily sort out all the different DLC types. This whole long list is so incredibly painful to try and find something. Pathetic.

Given 2 hours and a team that would follow orders i could recategorize the entire marketplace to make it the most usable thing under the sun. How all the so called talent at microsoft have made it this horrible looking is beyond me

cresto

Given 2 hours and a team that would follow orders i could recategorize the entire marketplace to make it the most usable thing under the sun. How all the so called talent at microsoft have made it this horrible looking is beyond me

It's mind boggling, right?! They keep trying to streamline this whole experience, yet they still can't fix the menu system when you hit the xbox button on your controller. WHYYYYYY

It's mind boggling, right?! They keep trying to streamline this whole experience, yet they still can't fix the menu system when you hit the xbox button on your controller. WHYYYYYY

Its not just that the dashboard is harder to find content on that previously. Its a step backwards

Addnan

This is fucking annoying. I don't usually come home on a Tuesday, but thought I would play some. Then this crap happens. Urrgkkh.

-PXG-

So yeah....I get the notification to download RAAM's Shadow via the Season Pass. But it keeps taking me to the normal download menu (where it warns you NOT to download it if you already have the pass). Every time I try to select download, I'm told I don't have enough MS points.

Epic got it to work the first time with Horde Command Pack. Come ya'll, get your shit together. I was hoping to play some new Gears 3 DLC before work :/

I also noticed that the DLC I've got via the Season Pass still stays as payware if I look in the Games Marketplace. Surely it should see I have it and change the moon money to a little tick?

From Tuesday I'm off work till the new year, and would love to pack some Gears 3 into that free time. I've only played through the campaign solo on Normal and had a quick multiplayer game when the "One Shot, One Kill" event was on. Apart from that I've done nothing.

Would love to do an Insane run, and give Horde/Beast mode a try.

If anyone's putting a party together that's even remotely GMT friendly, gimme a shout - GT= MonkeylordUK

Lima

Epic got it to work the first time with Horde Command Pack. Come ya'll, get your shit together. I was hoping to play some new Gears 3 DLC before work :/

They didn't. That was the reason why the pack was delayed. They couldn't figure out a way to get the content for free for season pass owners. That this happens again with pack 2 is just embarrassing.

Battlefield 3 had the same problem today with the back to kurkland pack. They fixed it rather quickly though.

Lothars

So yeah....I get the notification to download RAAM's Shadow via the Season Pass. But it keeps taking me to the normal download menu (where it warns you NOT to download it if you already have the pass). Every time I try to select download, I'm told I don't have enough MS points.

It's the same with me, I was going to download it and than head to work but It wanted me to pay and I almost hit confirm until I read the do not buy again, so I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Edit:
http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/146593745817698306
GearsVikingTwitter said:
We're investigating why Season Pass holders are pointing at the wrong RAAM's Shadow offer. Please be patient.

Downloading RAAM's Shadow now. I would also like to mention that I still need some people to help me finish the final boss on Insane. The host needs to have the proper Mutators as I don't have them. Anyone interested in helping PM me or shoot a message on Live. My GamerTag is RyoGCH.

abracadaver

So what do we do now ? Wait for who knows how long till they fix the DLC for season pass owners or just buy it and get refunded in a few days ? Decisions decisions ...

U2NUMB

Battlefield 3 had the same problem today with the back to kurkland pack. They fixed it rather quickly though.

I downloaded the BF pack at 4 am with no issues through the in game store. I have not read anyone else having issues with it... I was worried but was in a game on the new maps by 4:30 am so I think it went over perfectly.

Gears 3 however.. yikes not so good.. glad I am at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom