• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my first go at Beast mode.

Pretty fun, even though I couldn't tell if I'd made a kill with a particular beast (some were horrible to control).

leng jai

Haven't been in this thread in a while.

What's the consensus on Raam's Shadow?

On par with the normal campaign for me. About 3 hours long.

Dialogue is mind numbingly bad and the RAAM sections are tedious.

Gameplay and setting is similar to Gears 1. Its pretty much Gears 1 running on the new engine in that regard.

Bit overpriced IMO

U2NUMB

Finally got my friends together to go through Raam's Shadow. Really good stuff but I can't help but think this whole DLC was to showcase the new awesome looking fire in the engine.

But nothing beats some Gears co-op action.

8/10

When I finish work today I'm done till the new year, and could really use a party of like-minded fellows to play through the campaign in 4 player co-op on Insane (preferably Arcade as I haven't touched that mode yet) to get the impossible skins, plus related cheesemints for insane/arcade play.

I have the season pass, so if anyone needs to do Raams Shadow or the Horde achievements too I'd be totally down for that as well.

I'm UK time, but the beauty of being off for 2 weeks is that I can stay up as long as I need to.

GT= MonkeylordUK

When I finish work today I'm done till the new year, and could really use a party of like-minded fellows to play through the campaign in 4 player co-op on Insane (preferably Arcade as I haven't touched that mode yet) to get the impossible skins, plus related cheesemints for insane/arcade play.

I have the season pass, so if anyone needs to do Raams Shadow or the Horde achievements too I'd be totally down for that as well.

I'm UK time, but the beauty of being off for 2 weeks is that I can stay up as long as I need to.

GT= MonkeylordUK

I am up for that and know a fellow Gaffer who might be to, added bonus that both of us are in the UK.

I am up for that and know a fellow Gaffer who might be to, added bonus that both of us are in the UK.

Awesome.

I have a friend who'd be up for it too but it depends on if he gets the game this week or not. He said he was getting it. Obviously he won't be on Insane, but that shouldn't matter. That would make 4 IF he actually does come through.

Probably best not to bank on it.

Only time I definitely won't be available is Wed evening (between 5 and probably 9ish) as I'm taking my niece and nephew to the Panto (Peter Pan starring Vanilla Ice as Captain Hook, how could I say no to free tickets!?!!) but will be available pretty much any other time.

Would clearly prefer to knock it out in as few sessions as possible, but I'm easy either way. Just lemme know a time that's good for you once you've discussed it with your friend.

I'm out both Wednesday and Thursday evenings but other than that I am the same, available pretty much any other time. My friend is up for it but not sure what his availability will be, I shall get him to post in here. Sent you a friend request btw.

unomas

Banned
Sorry, didnt check this till now, could have done tonight too. Do we even have a fourth yet?

At a level 67 now, my K/D ratio isn't getting any better at this point, but I've had so many laggy games that I seem to do poorly in that it feels like lag is the main culprit. Now that I'm approaching the 70 area I've told myself I will grind it out, but it will be a long journey....

At a level 67 now, my K/D ratio isn't getting any better at this point, but I've had so many laggy games that I seem to do poorly in that it feels like lag is the main culprit. Now that I'm approaching the 70 area I've told myself I will grind it out, but it will be a long journey....

I just hit 70 and my KD has been at 2.1 for longer than I can remember. I've only Carmine in my sights; I'm not even thinking about getting my Wings. Brootal.

unomas

Banned
I just hit 70 and my KD has been at 2.1 for longer than I can remember. I've only Carmine in my sights; I'm not even thinking about getting my Wings. Brootal.

Look at it this way, once you hit 75 you're halfway home ;) And with some more double XP events it could go by much quicker, but who knows when they'll do that again. 3.8 million XP does seem pretty crazy when you get anywhere from 2000-6000 XP per match once you start doing well in TDM. 8 more levels and I'm halfway there! I'm still amazed that I see so many people at level 100, how much have these people played the damn game?

Look at it this way, once you hit 75 you're halfway home ;) And with some more double XP events it could go by much quicker, but who knows when they'll do that again. 3.8 million XP does seem pretty crazy when you get anywhere from 2000-6000 XP per match once you start doing well in TDM. 8 more levels and I'm halfway there! I'm still amazed that I see so many people at level 100, how much have these people played the damn game?

Haha. Oh, man. Is that for real? God, that puts shit into perspective.

I REGRET NOTHING.

And yeah, it's crazy. What blows my mind even more is seeing someone with Wings that is just that bad at the game. I expect no less than a 1.5KD per game from you bastards! And that's being totally lenient.

They should have had double the XP they have now to reach level 100. What's the point in getting lots of XP for all those medals now that I'm already at 100?

I got to level 100 when I had like 6 Onyx medals.

You get one Onyx and 60k XP when you reach level 100. That's just stupid.

Ballistik

Dude...I've been playing this game a ton lately n never see you on :(

Play more with me!
When!? I've been on for hours the past couple of days playing Gears.

Anyone got an answer?

Tuesday the 20th. 19th was comet mutator on in Koth. Gearsmas calendar from the official forum.

It's probably starting right now (it's 2am PST) or sometime in the morning, I haven't followed when they're updating each day with the playlists..

EDIT: The newest postings on that thread I linked to show people confused about whether it's horde only 4x or all the playlists, since they didn't specify.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
4x XP? On the day of my last final? YESSSS...I haven't gotten to play any Gears for almost a week. I am suffering withdrawal. gonna be playing tons today after I finish that shit.

I gotta learn to control my temper when I play this game. It makes me rage like no other.
I feel like God trolls me all the time, when Gears is on. Gears tears FTL :\

Twice now, on 2 separate days, I've gotten to the end of a match (Beast) and it's thrown me out to the main menu stating that my storage device has changed.

WTF!?!!

Hpe it doesn't do it in the middle of a game at some point!

Anyone else had this/ (I'm using a USB stick, BTW).

Ballistik

Getting those medals now as a level 100 is so pointless, there's no feeling of reward when I see it pop up on the bottom of the screen.

Btw, you guys should check out the War Journal for all your online stat bragging needs!

You people and your non-level 100s

I'm just glad comet is gone from KotH, that was fucking TERRIBLE
Yeah, one game and I was DONE.

Twice now, on 2 separate days, I've gotten to the end of a match (Beast) and it's thrown me out to the main menu stating that my storage device has changed.

WTF!?!!

Hpe it doesn't do it in the middle of a game at some point!

Anyone else had this/ (I'm using a USB stick, BTW).

Perhaps the USB stick is faulty? Might be a loose connection or something. Try using the stick in another USB port.

Ballistik

Anyone want to play Koth? Getting on right now.

Wow comet mutator is still active in Koth, I think they're lagging a day behind with their events. (Or just joined a server that's been active since yesterday)

Supposedly today, but I've played 3 TDM and got only 2X XP. Not sure what is going on.

Some people say they have it and some say they don't, so I don't know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom