• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
I think Escalation will be god like in Gears 3. I really do.
for the team up top? yes it will be

with gears 3 riffles, heres how the matches will play out -

-spawn up top
-everyone moded controller hammerburst one guy and get a kill near the bottom

-camp up top until the match ends

it will be overpass times 100

abracadaver

Will there be another booster pack that gives these maps to everyone for free again ?

Also CliffyB dont add shitty achievements to this DLC ! Dont make me play as a specific character or host a game on the new maps or some bullshit like that. Make achievements for reaching rank 100, prestige 1, prestige 2 and prestige 3 or whatever it is called.
The achievements in the first 2 DLCs sucked big time.

Nori Chan

Will there be another booster pack that gives these maps to everyone for free again ?

Also CliffyB dont add shitty achievements to this DLC ! Dont make me play as a specific character or host a game on the new maps or some bullshit like that. Make achievements for reaching rank 100, prestige 1, prestige 2 and prestige 3 or whatever it is called.
The achievements in the first 2 DLCs sucked big time.

Playing as a specific character was fun.

I just wish they weren't so easy. I mean I can get a 100 Gs for beating one wave on Hardcore with Onyx Guards. Make it more difficult as in beat waves 1-50 as Onyx Guards. I mean...I'm not complaining about easy Gs doe lol

abracadaver

I want long time achievements. Not 250 points in 30 minutes.

They should add achievements for getting 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 onyx medals as well.
I hate how every achievement is so easy but seriously 3.0 will take 10 years.

mernst23

Yes I am not sure how many people do but there are definitely some.

Sites like x360a already apparently have at least 10 people who have it. My first two months I played campaign like 15% of the time, beast like 25%, horde 50%, and 10% versus, and I started boosting really hard at the beginning of november and have 37 onyx medals. Granted I only play 10-15 hours a week now but 90% of it is boosting against bots.

I personally rather would have had gotten an achievement for every set of 10 onyx medals, but no big deal.

The prestige thing is pretty awesome. I retract my statement about being 100 being too easy from like 2 days ago. I really hope they extend it out past 4 prestige levels but for the love of god don't tie it to an achievement unless it's going to be something like "Reupp after getting 100 for the first time" just to make people do it. I also hope that all the experience I get until January 17th doesn't count for nothing.

abracadaver

Sadly not

XxGreXaskyrxX
@Petenub if you reached Rank 100 already, And made like 400k XP afterwards Do you get those Xp points at the "re-up" ? or not?

PeteNub Peter Knepley
@XxGreXaskyrxX Nope, start over like every new recruit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's cool and all, but I can't really tell when I'm coming back to Gears. I'm finally getting Rage and Skyrim this month, then Ghost Recon beta in January, Kingdoms of Amalur in Feb and Ghost Recon releasing in March, then I start my police internship in May.

In any regard, it's nice to see them take the community idea for prestiging and making it pretty nice.

Brakara

Were the horde fortifications and upgrades included for free too?

No, he's just full of hyperbole as usual. The free maps are only free in public versus.

Those who bought the horde pack can use them in private matches (all modes) as well, and they may be up for vote when the host in public horde and beast have the horde pack.

When you bought the horde pack it was specifically specified that the maps would not be for public versus. So if someone bought them for public versus, they can't really blame anyone but themselves.

A couple things:

1. Savage Grenadier Elite, Mechanic Baird and Commando Dom limited editions are already confirmed thanks to Jtaggers, good news for you ViewtifulJC. ;)

6TQLq.jpg

Can't wait to see the map layouts for Academy, Anvil, Depths and Slab though.

I'm excited for the last football character skin.

Sorry, didnt check this till now, could have done tonight too. Do we even have a fourth yet?

Spoke to my mate, he picked up Gears 3 this morning, but won't be available till after Christmas. Looks like we still need a 4th.

Anyone out there interested in 4player insane campaign on Arcade. We wanna try and blitz it in one go on Friday (UK time).

Do we lose all of our rank related unlocks when re-upping?

Jim: In Gears of War 3, players are able to progress from level 1 to 100, earning gameplay unlocks and customization options along the way. With the Fenix Rising add-on, players who reach level 100 will have the option to "re-up" and enlist for a new tour of duty. The re-up will reset your number rank , but maintain all your profile unlocks, TrueSkill Rating, and custom items. Re-upping will also give you access to some new weapon skins so that you can show off your status to other players online.

Man, I love that Epic are going bat-shit crazy with additional content. Sure, it's adding up to be one expensive fucking game, but I don't really care in the slightest. Take my money.

Technically, you could have a team of 5 Coles:

Cole
Classic Cole
Superstar Cole
Cole Train
Cole Train [Limited]

Just WHOO YEAH BABY WHOO all over the place

Ballistik

Technically, you could have a team of 5 Coles:

Cole
Classic Cole
Superstar Cole
Cole Train
Cole Train [Limited]

Just WHOO YEAH BABY WHOO all over the place

Haha, Cole's dialogue is the only one that doesn't get annoying.

The Queen on the other hand, makes me want to shoot myself.

Robot Pants

Came back to this after about a month off. I figured I'd take advantage of the 4x XP and level up to 100. (Been at 87 for a while). I couldn't even bring myself to get to level 89. I don't see how anyone can stand playing this shit other than the Alpha playlist. And even that is an unfinished product.
Consider me retired.

unomas

Banned
Grinded my way up to level 72. My K/D ratio is starting to take a hit in the often times laggy TDM mode, but slowly but surely maybe someday I'll get to 100. My last round in TDM I had 14 kills, 19 downs, and 8 deaths. Guess how many kills got stolen from me? The kill stealing is really getting old, you have some guys that won't take your kills and get pissed if you steal kills, but the vast majority just take any kills where a guy is downed. Epic really needs to do something about kill stealing and the lag issues. I just keep telling myself that once I hit 75 I'm halfway home. My K/D ratio would be much much higher if I didn't have nearly as many assists as kills in this game. Call it a team game all you want, but greedy assholes will step in and take whatever they feel like most of the time. It's unfortunate how ugly the Gears online community has become, and the online gaming community in general, and it's not just little kids on live because they aren't on at 3am on a weeknight.

razu

My #1 wanted map is Subway though. I want to see that come back. My least wanted is probably Dayone or Warmachine. I hate warmachine because EPIC can't get the hop up a ledge/down mechanic right, and it never ceases to piss me off when I get that map that I will suffer a death because of that shit.

I loved Subway.

I also loved Mansion. But with the amount of people who say Hotel is the same thing, I guess we'll never see it in Gears 3. Hotel is, of course, nothing like Mansion. There's no upstairs for a start! And it's just so biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig...

razu

The kill stealing is really getting old

Steals and stolen kills should show up on the results page too.

Also, it would be nice if a little doolie popped up when you steal, giving you the option to award the kill to the "downer", as it were. I get kills stolen all the time, and sometimes I accidentally take people's kills—it can happen. I'd gladly gift them the kill back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom