• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been no sign of 4XP all day for me. Played versus, horde and even campaign and I was getting normal experience numbers. :/

Currently sitting at 89, I was hoping to get a nice boost towards my wings, grr.

alexel

Anyone want to play Koth? Getting on right now.

Wow comet mutator is still active in Koth, I think they're lagging a day behind with their events. (Or just joined a server that's been active since yesterday)

Some people say they have it and some say they don't, so I don't know what's going on.

Fucking KOTH still sucks :/

Wow... if that comet mutator goes off tonight, let's make amends for last night.

Ballitik, if you like playing KOTH and looking for people to play with, shoot a friend request out to Drydog da Unwet. I normally play with Koolaid and Ureal and a few other peeps but we're almost always down a man nowadays thanks to MW3

Lunchbox

Banned
look at wetcat the undry over here recruiting people

im snitching to finewine, youre out of our MW3 clan buddy, you too koolaid. adam blade can stay though

Grisby

of course I'm sick as shit when 4x xp is out :(. may get on later if I'm feeling better. currently 64.
I searched for a Gears Get Well Card on google and nothing came up. Alas, get well soon.

On another note I couldn't tell if I had the 4X either (74) and man, not too many people playing anymore eh? Most matches I was in had a buncha bots on either side and then people would just quit.

What exactly does "playing in your region" indicate? I live in Melbourne, Australia and a good night on TDM brings in about 35-50 playing in my region.

Ballistik

What exactly does "playing in your region" indicate? I live in Melbourne, Australia and a good night on TDM brings in about 35-50 playing in my region.

Dunno, but for me in California, playing in your region and playing worldwide are always just a few digits off. Ex. Playlist has 3,500 worldwide .. Region will say like 3,350

Ballistik

Wow... if that comet mutator goes off tonight, let's make amends for last night.

Ballitik, if you like playing KOTH and looking for people to play with, shoot a friend request out to Drydog da Unwet. I normally play with Koolaid and Ureal and a few other peeps but we're almost always down a man nowadays thanks to MW3

Well Koolaid doesn't shoot me invites when you guys are a man down or he probably invites me when I'm already full because I would of played with you guys by now.

It's cool its cool, Unreal is the only authorized person to recruit people to the group anyways it seems :(

So if there is 4xp, would I still earn 4xp if I tried the 2.2 rank up trick because I'm desperate to reach lvl 100 and I want to earn medals too. I tried to do it today but kept dying and gave up to go play the multiplayer. I only play GOW3 for 2-3 hours and I don't play more than that.

Grisby

So I beat Rams DLC stuff. I had great time! I enjoyed the characters and the more horror-ish gears atmosphere. And playing as Ram was pretty fun, although short.

I have to say the ending disappointed me though in that
Valera was the only one to die. I thought more of Team Zeta would go down and they pick my favorite to get stabbed in the gut.
And then helicopter, good fight kid, credits. Not much to go out on except that shitty boss fight too. This was a good piece of DLC till that crap.

Also, for some reason the cg scenes, not the real time stuff, at the rnd kept hitching up on me. Like stuttering mad.

unomas

Banned
One of the previous posters has to reset his xbox to get it to refresh

I played about 4 games of TDM realizing I was only getting double XP so I powered down and turned it back on and every game after has been Quad XP. Went from a 67 to a 70 today which was a nice feeling. Didn't play well overall, but the 4X XP was a nice nice incentive to grind it out today. I'll have to try to take advantage of the double XP over the next few days and try to get to a 75 by Christmas.

JambiBum

5 new maps, 4 new character skins and the Re-Up feature coming January 17th.

Give us a rundown of the new maps in the DLC pack.
Jim Brown: All the maps in the Fenix Rising map pack represent a location or event that was significant in the life of the Gears of War main protagonist, Marcus Fenix. In Escalation, you'll visit his childhood home before it was invaded by the Locust Horde. Academy takes you on a tour of the school he was destined to attend, while The Slab shows you the prison where he ended up serving time instead. Anvil is the ruined fortress that Marcus retreats to with the last vestiges of humanity, while Depths is set in the opulent city of Azura, where Marcus finally reconnects with his father.

What will players get for Re-upping?
Jim: Players can "Re-up" up to three times, earning a new rank icon color each time: Bronze (default level 100), Red, Green, and finally Gold. Each "Re-up" level after Bronze also awards the player an exclusive, custom set of weapon skins that cannot be obtained by any other means: Re-Up Plasma (animated flowing plasma in gold), Re-Up Omen (shiny, red omen), and Re-Up Electric (animated, golden electric shocks).

What new character skins can we expect to see in new DLC pack?
Jim: For the COG team, the Fenix Rising add-on will unlock Recruit Clayton (Clayton Carmine as he appeared when he first enlisted) and a special limited edition version of Thrashball Cole. On the Locust side, the add-on will unlock a special limited edition version of the very popular Savage Kantus, and a brand new Savage Marauder Drone.

Full article here

Hah, we totally are getting more colored levels! Thank you Epic, keep giving us something to look forward to

Now please get rid of comet in Koth

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
'Re-upping' is most exciting news out of all that; being level 100 is so boring

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1215205p1.html

Explain "Re-upping" for us.
Jim: In Gears of War 3, players are able to progress from level 1 to 100, earning gameplay unlocks and customization options along the way. With the Fenix Rising add-on, players who reach level 100 will have the option to "re-up" and enlist for a new tour of duty. The re-up will reset your number rank , but maintain all your profile unlocks, TrueSkill Rating, and custom items. Re-upping will also give you access to some new weapon skins so that you can show off your status to other players online.

What will players get for Re-upping?
Jim: Players can "Re-up" up to three times, earning a new rank icon color each time: Bronze (default level 100), Red, Green, and finally Gold. Each "Re-up" level after Bronze also awards the player an exclusive, custom set of weapon skins that cannot be obtained by any other means: Re-Up Plasma (animated flowing plasma in gold), Re-Up Omen (shiny, red omen), and Re-Up Electric (animated, golden electric shocks).

sogood.gif

deviant1

Of all the Gears 1 maps to remake they pick Escalation? I guess they're going for the Gears 1 maps that weren't in Gears 2 (except Gridlock). The new maps look nice though.

I'll probably never reach 100 let alone re-up multiple times. I just don't have enough time to play this game :(

alexel

Oh boy, now we can all see how truly stupid Escalation is gonna be with respawns and the godlike Gears 3 rifles, thanks Epic!

Haha, so the one map we joked about coming back because it was one of the worst Gears maps ever is coming back as the next remake. This kind of makes sense seeing how this is coming from the minds of people that think comet in KOTH is a great idea (especially putting it in both quick match and ranked).

Yo koolaid, I checked this morning and comet is off in KOTH. Time to finally play some gears after 2 days of trying sadly.

Yo koolaid, I checked this morning and comet is off in KOTH. Time to finally play some gears after 2 days of trying sadly.

*nervously checks online to see if this isn't a troll*

success.gif

Now I'm excited for this game again. I love this game, but it loses something when you're Level 100 and all those cool kills, ribbons, and medals you earn are for nothing. And the new rifle skins sound amazing.

Also, yaaaay Thrashball Cole. Just wait for it Unreal, Mechanic Baird will probably be DLC in a few months!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
This is such great news, especially the multiple prestiges - got Level 100 so quick that it lost its feel, even though there are still so many without it that we run into.

And screw you guys, Escalation was fun as hell. No doubt they made some modifications, the picture shows that some of the stairs look wider, but this is a map that me and my friends got a ton of play time on in Gears 1.

Pics here: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...f-war-3-20111220001839256.html?page=mediaFull

I'm having fun with Comet KOTH. Am I doing it wrong? :(

Not at all. 30,000 XP almost every match here, except nothing to do with it.

Ah, so when they say "Limited Edition" its a different kind of skin. The Limited Edition Savage Kantus is red instead of the default Savage Kantus Brown

gears-of-war-3-20111220001839256.jpg

SavageKantus.jpg

And LE Thrashball Cole has blue pants instead of white ones

gears-of-war-3-20111220001839926.jpg

ursnyggagearswar_237718.jpg

It gives those rare skins to the people who will pay for it, but they're different enough from the first editions so the original owners can feel special, or whatever. Neat!

A couple things:

1. Savage Grenadier Elite, Mechanic Baird and Commando Dom limited editions are already confirmed thanks to Jtaggers, good news for you ViewtifulJC. ;)

6TQLq.jpg

2. People speculate there might be an alternate skin for Adam Fenix eventually based on the fact that the file is named "Soldier Adam" while other character skin files have their regular names, potential good news for you dementia?

As for my personal opinion on Escalation returning,

8H60k.png

Can't wait to see the map layouts for Academy, Anvil, Depths and Slab though.

Lunchbox

Banned
also thanks for ruining the last cool thing i had left from the beta, my football cole

now every myra using 12 year old is gonna run around with him instead of messaging me about to how to unlock it :'(
(savage marauder is cool though)

also thanks for ruining the last cool thing i had left from the beta, my football cole

now every myra using 12 year old is gonna run around with him instead of messaging me about to how to unlock it :'(

On the bright side, you'll have the home jersey while all those kids are stuck as the away team.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Ah, so when they say "Limited Edition" its a different kind of skin. The Limited Edition Savage Kantus is red instead of the default Savage Kantus Brown

Yeah, I mentioned this in the other thread.

Should be the other way around strange enough, because the actual pre-order characters are the limited ones and not the DLC ones, which anyone can get by just buying the next two DLC packs.

And I dunno about Adam Fenix since he's an LE character with that version of the game, but it's definitely for all pre-order characters so everyone should be satisfied in the next two DLC packs that didn't get them all. People were complaining and begging non-stop for them so they should be happy now.

Ballistik

Nobody wanted Escalation baaaaackk! Don't do it EPIC, switch it with another map before release day! Although I doubt they'll just port it from Gears 1.. . They have been trying to be as symmetrical as possible this time around.

As for reseting experience points, it would be nice to not have to wave bye to what I already have and instead skip the levels I would of already passed by! Of course this isn't happening...

zlatko

Banned
I think Escalation will be god like in Gears 3. I really do.

My #1 wanted map is Subway though. I want to see that come back. My least wanted is probably Dayone or Warmachine. I hate warmachine because EPIC can't get the hop up a ledge/down mechanic right, and it never ceases to piss me off when I get that map that I will suffer a death because of that shit.

Bring on Escalation. I'll probably back on Gears 3 in early January, then I can finally enjoy the first 5 maps and Raam's DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom