• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the last time I read the reviews in this thread, people's impressions of RAAM's Shadow were overwhelmingly positive.

Played it tonight with my friend...uh? Boring... Enemy placement wasn't bad but there's tons of environments that just seem wasted. So easy too. Friend and I died like twice. We were playing on Normal but AFAIK there is no reason to beat this on Insane, right?

I will try to stick around and get some of the achievements, but I have to say I was completely underwhelmed. : /

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So the last time I read the reviews in this thread, people's impressions of RAAM's Shadow were overwhelmingly positive.

Played it tonight with my friend...uh? Boring... Enemy placement wasn't bad but there's tons of environments that just seem wasted. So easy too. Friend and I died like twice. We were playing on Normal but AFAIK there is no reason to beat this on Insane, right?

I will try to stick around and get some of the achievements, but I have to say I was completely underwhelmed. : /

It's boring. I got to the school and stopped.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think they are probably gonna just keep the 4xp going for the holidays and so that people can get XP leading up to the "re-up" feature.

JimiNutz

Banned

Gears on Normal is boring.
The game has to be played on Hardcore for it to be interesting ESPECIALLY in co-op.
I played on Normal just to rush through it and get back to the MP but having played parts of it again on hard ore its a lot more fun.

My game is freezing a lot more now than it used to. Goddamn it, Gears. If you brake-ah my xbox, I'm-ah kill you.
Doubt it has anything to do with Gears. You're Xbox is probably just on the verge of a meltdown. A few years back I thought Mass Effect was killing my Xbox but it was pretty much on it's way to heaven already.

Doubt it has anything to do with Gears. You're Xbox is probably just on the verge of a meltdown. A few years back I thought Mass Effect was killing my Xbox but it was pretty much on it's way to heaven already.
A load of people are having frequent crashes while playing Gears 3 lately (myself included), ever since RAAM's Shadow released and the Gearsmas thing started. The official forums are full of complaints and some of these people are talking about Gears 3 freezing their brand new Slim consoles, so yeah... I think the game is at fault here. I honestly think they broke something with the Gearsmas events, it's definitely not normal.

A load of people are having frequent crashes while playing Gears 3 lately (myself included), ever since RAAM's Shadow released and the Gearsmas thing started. The official forums are full of complaints and some of these people are talking about Gears 3 freezing their brand new Slim consoles, so yeah... I think the game is at fault here. I honestly think they broke something with the Gearsmas events, it's definitely not normal.

I've not had any crashes, but I've had the shittiest time staying connected to Live... till I get back to the dash, that is.

Gears on Normal is boring.
The game has to be played on Hardcore for it to be interesting ESPECIALLY in co-op.
I played on Normal just to rush through it and get back to the MP but having played parts of it again on hard ore its a lot more fun.

That's the problem though, there's no incentive to play Raam's Shadow on Hardcore or Insane besides the thrill of the challenge. Give me a skin, an Onyx Medal, an achievement anything and I'd be in it to win it, but there's nothing.

Robot Pants

I personally think it's the RAAM's Shadow DLC that did something. The game is just....different ever since that. Something isn't right, apart from the freezing.

h3ro

It's been 2 and a half hours now and we still can't beat the final boss encounter on Insane (Infinite Ammo, comet and super reload) there any way for other people in the party to select Casual? I remember doing it in Gears 2 but can't find the option in Gears 3.

Anyone?

DoomGyver

I beat it on insane just the other day. Retro + Lancer, solo, no mutators. The key is to use the lift that you come up on as cover for the majority of the second half of the battle. I only left that area for ammo and HoD. Active retro when she is busting up the tower.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's been 2 and a half hours now and we still can't beat the final boss encounter on Insane (Infinite Ammo, comet and super reload) there any way for other people in the party to select Casual? I remember doing it in Gears 2 but can't find the option in Gears 3.

Anyone?

IIRC you can only have people change difficulty in normal campaign, not arcade.

h3ro

I beat it on insane just the other day. Retro + Lancer, solo, no mutators. The key is to use the lift that you come up on as cover for the majority of the second half of the battle. I only left that area for ammo and HoD. Active retro when she is busting up the tower.

That's the part we were struggling with, we'd get through everything fine and once she started climbing the tower, we'd get destroyed the second time up.

Taking a break for the rest of the day, I'll try again tomorrow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's the part we were struggling with, we'd get through everything fine and once she started climbing the tower, we'd get destroyed the second time up.

Taking a break for the rest of the day, I'll try again tomorrow.
Your doing it coop? I've spent probably 6+ hours on it in 2 player coop.

It's impossible, don't even bother.

50% of my posts in this thread are bitching about how impossible the second phase of the final boss is on insane. It's designed to be the most frustrating, anti-player encounter ever put into a game. Actually, not even designed because it clearly hasn't been playtested at all.

I'd love any help I can get to finish on Insane. Just need the last boss. A host with mutators would be appreciated.

h3ro

I had a party of 4 going strong for a couple hours tearing through the game on Insane. These guys are really good players we just couldn't do it. Really frustrating because the structure of that portion of the battle is so weird.

Need to take out the giant Queen Bumblebee by hitting the glowy neon backside when it's scaling the tower? No prob.

Handle the countless Theron Guards while doing so? Ok, doable.

Handle all that, then get killed by having a Shrieker that your team mate killed fall on your head when your one bullet away from beating the boss? Balls.

Yeah, it's definitely upped the ante in the freezing department since Gearsmas started. I would occasionally get a freeze here and there and think, "oh, well; that's online for you", but yesterday I think it froze at least 3 times. Yuge.

It yields some pretty awesome motion-blur screen grabs, though.

More rumors that season pass and everything Gears 3 is 50% off on 12-30. That'd be some bull if true.

So I paid for RAAM's Shadow but do you think it'd still be a savings to buy Season Pass now? I probably will if it goes on sale. Also, still need fellow Gears to help finish the last boss in Insane.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I just bought a 1600 points card to get Sonic CD, so I have 1200 points left over. First time I've had a MSP balance in a while, so that would be fucking awesome as I have not bought any Gears DLC yet.

unomas

Banned
More rumors that season pass and everything Gears 3 is 50% off on 12-30. That'd be some bull if true.

Woah, I might be buying my first DLC ever, that would be awesome, but serious bullshit for people that bought at full price. Level 77 as of earlier today and really starting to figure out the online play each round of TDM. Once you start to figure out how to get a higher K/D even without using the power weapons you realize how dumb you played in the past and how good or bad your team mates are. I've had some amazing guys on my team, and some guys that are so bad they shouldn't even bother. Hoping I can finish my run to 100 in the next month or so.

Addnan

So I got to 100 yesterday, took 10 matches of TDM to get from 99-100. Even without 4x xp 40 matches just seems way too low. In the amount of games I got from 1-100 I was probably 50-60 in Gears 2 :/

abracadaver

So I got to 100 yesterday, took 10 matches of TDM to get from 99-100. Even without 4x xp 40 matches just seems way too low. In the amount of games I got from 1-100 I was probably 50-60 in Gears 2 :/

They did it on purpose. Now you have to buy the DLC to get the satisfaction of leveling up again

Grisby

Merry Christmas Gears Gaf. I might not post much in here but I keep an eye on the thread.

Does anyone know when the big XP boost stuff ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom