• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hope you all been enjoying Gearsmas - I haven't posted in here in ages, but I play religiously every night still, and still whooping ass.

Came home from a nice Christmas dinner, felt like playing one match of TDM solo, joined a losing match 0-1, and brought it back for the team to win with 2-1, MVP going 17-4, and left the next round, like Batman.

Time to sleep.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
My sister is having an issue... the game constantly kicks her out from lobbies and stuff and gives her this error message:

"you have returned to the title screen because storage device has changed"

This started happening today. What?

DoomGyver

Just finished the RAAM DLC, thoroughly enjoyed it even if Barrick reminded me of dick-tits with his one-liners. More campaign DLC, please.

Today's XBL deal is the Forza 4 stuff, as the leaked list predicted. Looks like the list is totally legit.

December 30 for Gears of War 3 stuff. Today's deal includes the Forza 4 Season Pass discounted 25% to 1800MS ($22.50), so bank on the Gears 3 Season Pass being 25% off on 12/30.

Brakara

In the XBL Holiday sale thread. Someone posted a leaked list of the sales, and it's been 100% true so far

Yeah, thanks, just saw it. Looks legit, especially considering the Forza season pass discount today.

But to be positive, let's hope this increases the online population. For me it was a steal at 2400 points anyway.

If the season pass ends up being %50 off (1200 MSP or about $20 AUD), I'll probably buy it.
Im worried that if the maps in the upcoming DLC are'nt free (again), TDM games will be hard to find in Australia.
I wish more Aussies woull leave MW3 and come back to Gears.

cresto

Lately, I have been having problems with gears locking up my console. I will join a unranked game and it will freeze. The only thing I can do is restart my console. Thankfully, I haven't had this problem with ranked matches. I installed the game when it first came out and haven't had any trouble until recently. Is there something I can do or is it a sign that my console is about to brick itself? I have an older generation console.

Lately, I have been having problems with gears locking up my console. I will join a unranked game and it will freeze. The only thing I can do is restart my console. Thankfully, I haven't had this problem with ranked matches. I installed the game when it first came out and haven't had any trouble until recently. Is there something I can do or is it a sign that my console is about to brick itself? I have an older generation console.

Mine's doing the same thing of late, but it's a relatively new 250GB slim, so I think it's just Gears being a total cogsucker.

If the season pass ends up being %50 off (1200 MSP or about $20 AUD), I'll probably buy it.
Im worried that if the maps in the upcoming DLC are'nt free (again), TDM games will be hard to find in Australia.
I wish more Aussies woull leave MW3 and come back to Gears.

What numbers are you getting for TDM, Hoya? Around 9pm on a weeknight, I'm probably getting between 30-40; add 10-15 for weekend nights.

What numbers are you getting for TDM, Hoya? Around 9pm on a weeknight, I'm probably getting between 30-40; add 10-15 for weekend nights.

Im pretty much getting the same numbers you are.
When I get allocated to games, half the players are Asian (Japan, Singapore, Taiwan etc) which worries me, because even though the games feel ok, someone has to be losing out somewhere (lag-wise). Hopefully they are :)
On a different note, I just finished all 50 Horde waves for the second time with a bunch of randoms (no mics at all).
The game glitched for a while at level 30 when a Corpser got stuck under the stairs on one of the sides of the map (we were on Blood Drive) and I thought we were done at that point cause he just wouldnt come out (we could mark his position and hear him skuttling around). Luckily he came out after everyone lobbed a stack of diggers, bullets and grenades in his general direction.
Also, one of our guys was just blowing the shit out of everything with those Silverback DLC rockets. He actually saved the team a few times when we had all been killed.
The final boss was a Lambent Berzerker. Everyone was avoiding him at first and I think he killed a fair few Locust while he was wondering around.
Ive played so much Horde and I havent even got 2 million $$$ yet. I need 5 mil for the Ice T skin :/

Wait, so 2 Thrashball coles? Are they doing the same with the the kantus, leads me to believe that we will get savage grenadier com dom ect with slight variations aswell then

Seths post a while back

A couple things:

1. Savage Grenadier Elite, Mechanic Baird and Commando Dom limited editions are already confirmed thanks to Jtaggers, good news for you ViewtifulJC. ;)

6TQLq.jpg

I was a bit worried because I cant see it advertised on the XBL market place, here in Australia (it doesnt say "12 day sale" or anything, anywhere).
Im sure I saw Forza on sale the other day and Sonic Adventures was on (unadvertized on XBL) sale today, so hopefully it will work out for us Aussies.

Robot Pants

This is serious guys. Either something is really wrong with my game, disc, HDD, etc. possibly even controller, or major changes were made. Either way, something is up.
First off, did they increase the range + damage on the gnasher? That thing is like Gears 2 now. Also sometimes my gun doesn't fire when I hit the trigger, and some of my movements will "freak out". When I slide into cover and then try to get out of it, sometimes there will be a slight delay and my character will teleport like 20 steps behind him and then teleport back, and THEN get off cover. On top of that, everything else seems to indicate that my game is like a second behind everyone else's.
Something similar happened with my Gears 1 disc a while ago. The disc somehow got smudges or some cloudy looking thing all over it, and really made my game "lag". I replaced the disc and everything was fine after that. But I played Gears 1 like 20930492397423 hours until that happened. I've maybe played Gears 3.....50 hours. Also it freezes sometimes at the loading screen.
I dunno. Is anyone else having problems like this?

This is serious guys. Either something is really wrong with my game, disc, HDD, etc. possibly even controller, or major changes were made. Either way, something is up.
First off, did they increase the range + damage on the gnasher? That thing is like Gears 2 now. Also sometimes my gun doesn't fire when I hit the trigger, and some of my movements will "freak out". When I slide into cover and then try to get out of it, sometimes there will be a slight delay and my character will teleport like 20 steps behind him and then teleport back, and THEN get off cover. On top of that, everything else seems to indicate that my game is like a second behind everyone else's.
Something similar happened with my Gears 1 disc a while ago. The disc somehow got smudges or some cloudy looking thing all over it, and really made my game "lag". I replaced the disc and everything was fine after that. But I played Gears 1 like 20930492397423 hours until that happened. I've maybe played Gears 3.....50 hours. Also it freezes sometimes at the loading screen.
Behaviour like that is usually an indication of a poor connection and generally bad lag. It happens now and again but it's hardly the norm for me.

Addnan

Is it just in MP? Maybe you are playing on a bad host?

Does it happen when you are in your own custom lobby?

zychi

Banned

Sounds like your internet is too slow, if thats not the case it sounds like your xbox is overheating while youre playing. When i played saints row 2 online with an old phatty it woulddo this from lack of ventilation.

Robot Pants

Yea it could be lag. Which is odd, I never have had problems in the past. My connection is wired, and when I play, that's the only thing using the internet.
But it does sound, and seem like lag. Maybe my area is just having problems with the general connection.
It's only on MP. I played through RAAM's shadow and never had these problems, but only after I hopped on MP after installing RAAM's shadow did all of this start.
I haven't tried doing my own custom game and seeing if all this happens. I will do that now.
I'll look into the xbox overheating too.

Yea it could be lag. Which is odd, I never have had problems in the past. My connection is wired, and when I play, that's the only thing using the internet.
But it does sound, and seem like lag. Maybe my area is just having problems with the general connection.
It's only on MP. I played through RAAM's shadow and never had these problems, but only after I hopped on MP after installing RAAM's shadow did all of this start.
I haven't tried doing my own custom game and seeing if all this happens. I will do that now.
I'll look into the xbox overheating too.

The performance of Gears 3 post Raam's Shadow has been considerably worse on my end. The efficacy of match-making has taken a slight hit, but mainly, it's the frequency of freezes that has sky-rocketed. I'm talking at least one lock-up each session, forcing me to turn my 360 off and on about 7 times.

FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT!

Thanks to these damn medals and unlocking stuff, I've developed a taste for the Hammerburst. 2 days ago, I was strictly Lancer or GTFO.

What's happening to me, and how can I make this experience more pleasant and filled with hot death for my foes?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks to these damn medals and unlocking stuff, I've developed a taste for the Hammerburst. 2 days ago, I was strictly Lancer or GTFO.

What's happening to me, and how can I make this experience more pleasant and filled with hot death for my foes?

It's the best rifle in the game for me, ever since Gears 2. You've finally seen the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom