• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'm down for Horde. I wanna get those character specific cheevos.

Zeta Squad Waves 1-10 and All Onyx Guard.

I can be on around 1:30 EST as well if we can round up a group of 5.

Darn it, won't be able to get on till about 430 EST. Hate flying and traveling.

I'll be down for some wHording, and need those cheesemints too (and if anyone's down I could use the hosting 5 player beast too).

GT=MonkeylordUK

**EDIT**
Looks like about 21:30GMT, which is fine for me. Means I have time to sort myself out with some dinner. Count me in!

sorry, guys. I just got home from all the errands I had to do. I FUCKING HATE SHOPPING!

I'm going to take a quick, uh, smoke break, then I'll be on XBL for the rest of the day. LET'S DO THIS!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I had a match where I was getting loads of headshots on TDM Sandbar, even on moving targets, but it apparently wasn't enough for some whiner who wouldn't stop following me and meleeing me like a dumbass.

Next match he ended up on the other match, destroyed him, he sent me a message saying I shouldn't hog the sniper rifle, I say I made plenty kills, too bad for you guy, get there earlier next time, he sends me a message the day after AGAIN asking if I'm mad, even though I already forgot about him. I summed up the fact that he's sending me messages for two days about a weapon pickup in a videogame and asking ME about being mad, and he never responded again.

And yeah, I also miss the starting round chatter in Gears 3 on dedicated servers, Rod addressed it a few months ago, but I can't remember if it was something that can/will be fixed.

It's taken forever, but I feel like I'm finally pretty decent with the Gnasher. I was terrible with the gun in Gears 2; when TU6 dropped, I was pretty much done. I still favor the Hammerburst a lot, and probably use it more than 98% of other players, but at least using the Gnasher isn't a liability anymore.

And King of the Hill/Annex is still my favorite game type by far. It can be a clusterfuck at times, but it's so fun.

Practice makes perfect, and when in upclose battles, practice strafing and not relying on the L-trigger for shots -hipfire is the best, and try to keep the enemy lined up with the tip of the Gnasher.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
And yeah, I also miss the starting round chatter in Gears 3 on dedicated servers, Rod addressed it a few months ago, but I can't remember if it was something that can/will be fixed.

Xbox Live is like a ghost town now it has party chat. I can't see this being a priority for anyone any more.

charsace

This game has been out for a long time now and people still don't know how to win on overpass. I've played on teams where if we get the top guys run to the bottom to get killed instead of staying on the bridge and killing people. Or they don't rush the bridge and stay at the bottom with the power weapons that really don't matter and get rained on by rifles.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This game has been out for a long time now and people still don't know how to win on overpass. I've played on teams where if we get the top guys run to the bottom to get killed instead of staying on the bridge and killing people. Or they don't rush the bridge and stay at the bottom with the power weapons that really don't matter and get rained on by rifles.
I don't blame people for trying to spice things up for themselves amidst such dreary and terrible map design by giving themselves a challenge.

charsace

I don't blame people for trying to spice things up for themselves amidst such dreary and terrible map design by giving themselves a challenge.

If only this was the case. The people I've seen doing these stupid things are bad and always lose. So I hate it when I'm on teams with them.

Happy new year, GearsGAF! (It's gone midnight here and it sounds like a fucking warzone outside!).

We need 1 or 2 more people for a Horde run in about 5mins or so... I'd love to get the Zeta Team, and Onyx Guard cheesemints out the way if poss.

Any takers?

Ballistik

Map sucks and I avoid it as much as possible. If I do have to play it, I won't sit on the very top and camp. It feels so cheap and there's no gratification in spawn killing. I admit there's not much to work with and there is no other way to really control the map. When my team is camping, I hang around at boom/torque. Otherwise, I spend time controlling the whole middle portion, not just the top. Take it out of rotation!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Xbox Live is like a ghost town now it has party chat. I can't see this being a priority for anyone any more.

I meant the characters themselves, like a Locust going "For the Queen" at the beginning of the match.

But I agree with what you say as well. Maybe Epic could do a party chat ban for Ranked matches like COD did for MW2, but surely people would complain about that if it changed.

Ballistik, by tomorrow morning, I want to see you with a real-life avatar. Do it. Unreal Loco too.

Ballistik and Unreal Loco reveal themselves to also be light-skinned black guys.

We'll roll in a squad, singing Al B. Sure songs to our opponents in gamechat

LEGGZZZZ

Map sucks and I avoid it as much as possible. If I do have to play it, I won't sit on the very top and camp. It feels so cheap and there's no gratification in spawn killing. I admit there's not much to work with and there is no other way to really control the map. When my team is camping, I hang around at boom/torque. Otherwise, I spend time controlling the whole middle portion, not just the top. Take it out of rotation!

Is there a way they could update it? Like how they did the previous maps after the beta? I don't know how they would though, maybe make the very to of the bridge more accessible from all sides by adding stairs?

Dat metal. Easily the nicest skin. It's all down to the way they've applied the decal. They haven't just blanketed it over the whole weapon, which generally looks like shit; it's all about leaving some of the componentry nice and bare. If I recall correctly, the Deadly Cute skins also do the same thing, but they're, you know, pink.

A Decal Editor of sorts is something that the big loser inside of me would actually enjoy, but hey, bigger fish to fry and all that.

A decal editor would be amazing! Theres as much chance of Epic adding one as there is Capcom adding a costume editor to Street Fighter. Gotta keep that DLC currency flowing :/

alexel

Holy shit now I know how PXG and Koolaid look like in real life. You've shattered my xbox live image of you guys and now I'm afraid we just can't play together anymore.

I'll be back on Monday

unomas

Banned
Is there a way they could update it? Like how they did the previous maps after the beta? I don't know how they would though, maybe make the very to of the bridge more accessible from all sides by adding stairs?

Either update it or get rid of it, it's laughable that they put a damn turret at the top of camp heaven as well, is this a joke map? Did anyone playtest these maps before they got the greenlight? I'd also like Sandbar taken out of the rotation, but that's just me, otherwise I thoroughly enjoy the rest of the maps besides Rustlung which is just a random mess.

Jhoan

So I bought the Season Pass while it was cheap and beat Raam's Shadow. Overall, I enjoyed it. It had a theme of despair from the get-go since
everyone's already dead (no pun intended) in the future except for Jace. Valera's death was pretty sad; it sucked that she died especially since Jace seemed to have a thing for her. I did like that Jace's backstory was fleshed out as well as how Mihn came to hate Raam. The Raam boss fight was a pain in the ass and I hated playing as Raam; it was so boring.
The architecture was fantastic; it's the first time I've really noticed it in a Gears game.

If anyone wants to Horde, do a co-op run on Insane or anything else, I'm gonna be on in a bit. Feel free to hit me up with a message, FR, or invite at Johan El Fuerte. I do want to host a private Horde and a private beast match, as well as do Horde with the Zeta Squad members.

Ballistik

2 random ideas I thought for this game.

First one is just a feature they should patch in, which would allow you to skip the 30 second timer at the start of each horde wave that's there for fortifications. It would only skip it if everyone hit the button. Very helpful for the first few waves where you don't need the time.

Second idea isn't happening in this game but I would like to see some form of team executions. How many times is the last guy on the floor getting the long execution treatment while the rest of the team is dancing around throwing smokes and meeleing their gun in the air? It would be cool to see bonus points for a 2 or even 3 man execution.

Second idea isn't happening in this game but I would like to see some form of team executions. How many times is the last guy on the floor getting the long execution treatment while the rest of the team is dancing around throwing smokes and meeleing their gun in the air? It would be cool to see bonus points for a 2 or even 3 man execution.

Everyone grabs a limb and pulls.

lush

This is an idea I can get behind. Generally my group and I punch/rip off the arm of the last downed player and the rest twirl grenades around execution.

alexel

First one is just a feature they should patch in, which would allow you to skip the 30 second timer at the start of each horde wave that's there for fortifications. It would only skip it if everyone hit the button. Very helpful for the first few waves where you don't need the time.

I feel like this would just encourage me to think of even more ridiculous ways to humiliate people. I thought I already had it good with the long executions nowadays, but I still find myself downing someone, humping them, then smoke tagging them as they get up if they did something to really set me off. I can't even imagine where I'd try to take it if team executions were put in. Also, I think team executions might be the last straw to push Unreal over the edge into an actual real life sexual predator.

So basically I'm all for adding team executions.

USD

Legitimate team executions would be cool, but I have to say that I already love Face Punch/Arm Rip + teammates standing around, kicking corpse. I have to say though I rarely bother with executions. At most I'll do a curb stomp, that I usually reserve for people doing blatant head-on Retro charges.

On that note, why do people bother with the Retro charge at all? If you're at that range, you can just drop someone with Retro Lancer in less than a second.

On a side note, someday I'm gonna try Gnasher + Sawed-off. I was using it by coincidence earlier, and it seems legit.

So just finally started this after getting it on sale a while back. Played coop with a friend a long ways in and now I wont be able to play with him again for a long time. Can you continue where you left off in a coop played campaign as single player or are you forced to play it coop from now on?

They tried to do team executions, but they couldn't get it to work properly. I don't remember if it was a problem with the animations, or if it was something else.

Satchel

Banned
So I picked up the season pass at 1800 points for the 12 days of christmas deal.

For some weird reason, I didn't get the liquid metal animated weapons skins? Anyone else have this issue?

Addnan

So I picked up the season pass at 1800 points for the 12 days of christmas deal.

For some weird reason, I didn't get the liquid metal animated weapons skins? Anyone else have this issue?
It should be right at the bottom of the skin list, check again.

Satchel

Banned
It should be right at the bottom of the skin list, check again.

Nope, I checked many times over.

I tweeted Xbox Support last night, and they only replied this morning saying I might need to clear the cache and re-download my profile ot the Xbox.

But I'm at work right now and can't try it. But yeah, I was a bit puzzled.

I have been playing this online again lately, still such a great fun game to play and the new free maps are most welcome to the roster, clock tower <3

Still sometimes being put into what feels like an oversea match, when that happens I just go DBS since my gnasher stops working, but on low ping games I stick with the gnasher now and still learning when's best to use it and where.

Kind of wish that I grabbed that discounted season pass, with raam's shadow being 1200 all I had to do was pay double.

-PXG-

Epic wanted to do it, but (as usual in game development), they simply didn't have time to get it the way they wanted. There were just too many complications, mainly when it came to timing and getting animations in sequence.

There are multi-person chainsaw executions. However, I'd love to see a four man execution, each tearing off a limb and beating up their victim, while the fifth player does a People's Elbow or kicks 'em in the nuts.

Scenery executions could work, if they are down on some stairs the curb stomp animation can change, or if near a window on certain maps you could smash their head through it :p

Scenery executions could work, if they are down on some stairs the curb stomp animation can change, or if near a window on certain maps you could smash their head through it :p

Difficult to near impossible to make work without alot of chipping problems or issues or going into a form of canned animation where it places you in directly in the center of the steps for instance and that then creates more problems.

Nice idea but honestly they are fine how the are, so multi player executions wouldnt be so bad but again the triggers for them would be difficult from a player perspective.

USD

My win ratio has been terrible today. Ugh. And I like how I searched for a King of the Hill match but spawn into a Team Deathmatch game, down 1-0, re-spawns deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom