• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRios Zen

Any of the Gaf Gears Friend tags still real active?

I am finally over my self-inflicted Skyrim addiction and want to get back into Gears MP, but all my wuss-ass friends are playing MW3 all the time...

Was wildly inconsistent last night, but only had one real "WTF??" moment.

USD

Ugh, I can't stand Checkout. Tiny map + King of the Hill re-spawns = pure annoyance. Other terrible maps: Clocktower and Overpass.

Great games this weekend, Adam Blade, Ballistik, Barrow Roll and Monekylord! :)

Thanks for helping me get those cheevos, too.

You too. Don't think I would have got them myself... now to get that sodding Mauler achievement!

Also, managed to do wave 1-40 of Insane Horde last night with my mate. Just the two of us. managed it in just under 7hrs, lol.

Quite an achievement considering that my mate is worse than I am at Gears, and I'm not all that great to begin with (people who have played with me recently can attest to that, lmao!).

Gonna try and finish it off at the weekend. I can taste that sweet sweet onyx medal, and some fresh cheesemints (50 waves of Horde).

Om nom nom.

cresto

Finally! They added "We're All Stranded Now" which is basically mercenary mode in COD. No party TDM. Nice! Parties are a buzz kill unless you're the one in the party, lol.

Whats with all the trade offs? Seems like a serious issue. Is there any news on a fix for it?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Finally! They added "We're All Stranded Now" which is basically mercenary mode in COD. No party TDM. Nice! Parties are a buzz kill unless you're the one in the party, lol.

Whats with all the trade offs? Seems like a serious issue. Is there any news on a fix for it?

Really?!?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Whaaaaa?

Interesting!

I'll check it out when I get home late tomorrow for whenever I feel like playing solo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Usually I just want to play by myself. I feel too much pressure when I play with friends. That stranded playlist will be a welcome addition.

Indeed, getting matched up with people way better than me when playing with Ballistik and almost always being bottom the list gets discouraging fast. Stranded has been pretty good to me so far.

Finished Gears 2 and am currently in Act II of this campaign. Holy fuck, what a staggering jump in quality. It's the same game, but somehow so, so much better. More sequels need to be like this.

If it weren't for the last level in Uncharted 3 I'd say this looked better than any PS3 game.

Lunchbox

Banned
stranded should be a permanent option

but ill understand if its not, the player base isnt big enough to sustain all these playlists

USD

Does anyone else have freezing problems? It's typically only for loading screens, but Gears 3 is the only game to give me these problems. I have the game installed, if that makes a difference.

Does anyone else have freezing problems? It's typically only for loading screens, but Gears 3 is the only game to give me these problems. I have the game installed, if that makes a difference.

Personally I haven't but it is not an uncommon complaint on this board. What Xbox revision do you own?

Freezing only occurs during MP matches for me, but it's not unlikely that one will rear its ugly head every 1-2 hour play session. Bollocks.

charsace

Got to play with GAFers yesterday and the difference in teamwork and movement was staggering. I went from having 10-7 final scores to 12-1 scores in TDM in the games we played just because people were sticking together and more importantly moving together.

Now back to randoms. :(

Nori Chan

Got to play with GAFers yesterday and the difference in teamwork and movement was staggering. I went from having 10-7 final scores to 12-1 scores in TDM in the games we played just because people were sticking together and more importantly moving together.

Now back to randoms. :(

oh you're knicks age that adam was talking about

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Stranded can stay for sure. Now if Epic decides to add the other modes;that's icing on the cake.

Edit- KOTH was added to stranded

Nori Chan

3a92a93c.jpg

#Awwwwwwyeeeeeaaa

Finally got my Onyx skin for the Lancer. Now Im gonna start working on getting 2000 kills with the Retro and the Hammerburst, so I can unlock the Golden Miner. Then, I need another 2000 kills with both the shotties for the Golden Hunter.
Im also trying to get the 5 million in Horde so I can have Griffin (got just over 3 mil now) and the 300 games of each type to unlock Prescott.
Unlocks can be such a grind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom