• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

mernst23

Think i've hit a grinding wall, up to 39 onyx medals now. I'm only getting 3-4k kills a week now and can only manage 10-12 hours a week. Have 3600 explosive kills and 1500 curbstomps (which has been my primary focus since mid december now) and I barely played over the holiday because i've been busy as shit. Hopefully re-upping renews my excitement for the game because it's waning.

Dosia

I wish epic would have made those medals realistic to obtain without having to kill 6000 bots. I dont know how you grinders do that because I see no fun in it whatsoever. Epic should have made it 2000 kills max per weapon for onyx. Something that can actually be achieved in public versus. And even 2000 is stretching it.

gears3brightgreenlancer.jpg

The Gears of War 3 Green Liquid Metal weapon skin set is now available for purchase for 320 points on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Source

I wish epic would have made those medals realistic to obtain without having to kill 6000 bots. I dont know how you grinders do that because I see no fun in it whatsoever. Epic should have made it 2000 kills max per weapon for onyx. Something that can actually be achieved in public versus. And even 2000 is stretching it.

Well they might patch the requirements to be lower. It's happened before already.

Just play Stranded and eventually everyone will quit and you'll be stuck with bots and you can hammer out those executions if Kim comes up. Got 3 the other day from this.

I got my Onyx Lancer skin (reasonably) legit.
Admittadly, the smaller Gears community in Australia means alot of the (non-TDM) games have a significant bot population, but theres NO WAY I would have the patience to grind out 6000 mindless bot kills in private matches.
The Liquid Green skin is another good looking skin that I wont be buying until skins go on sale (if ever). $5 for a weapon skin is insulting IMO.

Lunchbox

Banned
I'm running out of ways to make people salty because they can't buy the thing I have. Green skin + Thrashball Cole was working but now it's all ruined
woah

we must be twins

edit -

•Now They Begin to Understand – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20 points)
•Defending the Past – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25 points)
•Come to Poppa – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15 points)
•Locust, Forever – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15 points)
•Time to Re-up – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
•Again! – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
•I’ve Done it All! – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75 points)

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/en-US/news/article/2012-01-fenix-rising-achievements

Addnan

woah

we must be twins

edit -

•Now They Begin to Understand – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20 points)
•Defending the Past – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25 points)
•Come to Poppa – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15 points)
•Locust, Forever – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15 points)
•Time to Re-up – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
•Again! – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50 points)
•I’ve Done it All! – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75 points)

Ooh, liking the re-up achievements. Some motivation to play.

Nori Chan

woah

we must be twins

edit -

sweet jesus

as if seriously 3.0 wasn't hard enough

dont take it as a sign of disapproval doe loving the new achievements

mernst23

woah

we must be twins

edit -

Holy shit at I've done it all. Talk about a pain in the ass achievement.

TRios Zen

Last night was the first in about a week where I felt like the servers HAD to be down - always one kid in each game that had 10+ more kills then anyone else. Super-frustrating as that was never me! HA.

Regardless, looking forward to the chance to re-up. Gotta start playing more though.

lush

Ran into a team last night where every single player ran with the Sawed Off and Retro Lancer. Haven't seen anything like that since the beta/original release. It was frustrating to say the least, still went 1-1 though before leaving. That kind of shit completely destroys KOTH though.

The servers were definitely down last night as well.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

Holy shit at I've done it all. Talk about a pain in the ass achievement.

I'm think I'm pretty close to doing that. The only ones I'm missing are 'capture the leader' related because I don't play that.

also, stop doing those 'everyone play as x' achievements. They suck.

Brakara

Just saw this tweet by @quinndelhoyo:

"RT @JoeCinellz: Trenches is now digger at scorcher, frags at digger. This just for alpha or everything?"- Everything dawg. Everything.

Sounds like an improvement to me. Anyone played the map with these new weapon spawns?

Finally give people a reason to go underground in non-KOTH playlists. They added that underground area, and everybody still just rushed out towards the middle anyway.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Academy looks pretty big, gonna be fun for KOTH especially.

Just saw this tweet by @quinndelhoyo:

Sounds like an improvement to me. Anyone played the map with these new weapon spawns?

Hmmmmm - this sounds like the new MLG setup that I've seen a few times in some online scrimmages - and it really switches things up big time I gotta say, especially for KOTH.

Gonna check this tomorrow.

Academy looks bueno. Also, if there's any game that makes it abundantly clear that you need a new controller, it's Gears. Gat damn sticky A button!

malfcn

What is the song that Cole's rap from Gears 1 is based off? The gf is watching Say Yes to the Dress and I heard the beat kick in..

Dosia

The match making sucks balls. Seems like the majority of the time when me and one other friend want to play it puts us in a game with the other team being a party of 4 or 5 and gives us bots. We just get steam rolled and it is no fun. Happened like 5 games in a row with the last game having 4 lvl 100s in a clan.

Ballistik

Stranded is awesome. I've been doing Ranked, and got matched up in a lobby of 10 100's. So much fun having everyone wall bouncing around everywhere..

USD

The player field seems significantly worse in Stranded KOTH, back to standard.

Or hmm, seeing the above post, maybe I should try Ranked. I guess Ranked has the better players in general. I'm too lazy to wait for games now though.

EDIT: What the hell, the game put me in a 5v4. We couldn't even get a courtesy bot. Fuck that.

Everyone i know has ditched gears for mw3 for a while, at least until fenix rising, still. :(.

I used to laugh at people who resented the popularity of CoD (not yourself) but now I find its hard not to be one of them, when I see the local (Australia) Gears population to be quite small.
Like you said, hopefully the new DLC will win some people over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom