• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Press X to set off one of the three fire alarms on the map, there's one on the opposite wall from the door. Door opens, shoot/melee the box till it breaks. Fire extinguisher.

2-22.jpg
Didn't know about this, this is pretty awesome of an easter egg.

malfcn

Gears has always had bad ledge/cover detection. Especially in Gears 2 you couldn't shoot well over cover, and straight up open head shots wouldn't register at certain angles.

TRios Zen

Crazy matches last night, I don't think me and my team lost a match. Playing on Azura, got a two-fer with the SOS protecting the elevated diaz, then used the hammer for a triple on the last of the team. I felt dirty. Ended the match at 16-2 and loved every minute of it!

wtf is this Epic? i use the hammerburst too :(

Dang they got to fix this shit quick; I am not an avid HB user (no quick trigger-finger), but I do use it when the need arises.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Feels good to be get my Masters of Science, and now school is behind me forever so that I can put more time into everything else in life now - no more popping heads with the feeling like I should be doing something else.

Speaking of popping heads, I had a great quick Hat Trick with the sniper in a 3 vs 1 at the last ring for the match for a KOTH on Sandbar when there wasn't a teammate in sight, and the last headshot was in the middle of smoke when he tried to run - oh that was sooooooo good.

I play a game of public Horde and the difficulty is set to 'casual'? WTF?

Gears Weekend - can't remember the rest of the things for this weekend, but that's one of them.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTWOHmbNso - Another decent video of the game.

And whoa.

That guy's connection has to be screwed up - I get bullshitted on a daily basis ever since the RAAM DLC, but this guy has a clear 1-second or so delay with almost all of the shit that happened in that video, and it's most obvious when he gets gibbed when the other guy already ran past him, and rolling off the platform on Checkout and teleporting back multiple times, and the sliding, etc.

I've never, ever had it that extreme.

That guy's connection has to be screwed up - I get bullshitted on a daily basis ever since the RAAM DLC, but this guy has a clear 1-second or so delay with almost all of the shit that happened in that video, and it's most obvious when he gets gibbed when the other guy already ran past him, and rolling off the platform on Checkout and teleporting back multiple times, and the sliding, etc.

I've not finished the whole video yet, but the first minute or so is basically how it always is for someone who lives in Sweden.

EDIT: Some of the things doesn't happen to me. Like teleporting back to the platform. But, overall it's basically a normal day for me in Gears 3.

Gears weekend for Horde? Casual Horde is boring as shit. Especially now the Silverback seems almost indestructable and the guy driving it easily gets 80% of the kills and never runs out of money. Just finished wave 50 on Rustlung. Piss-easy. No one even started dying until level 48 or so. lol
The challenge and survival aspect of Horde is what makes it fun. Casual difficulty takes all that away :(

Brakara

I've not finished the whole video yet, but the first minute or so is basically how it always is for someone who lives in Sweden.

I thought you had great Internet connections in Sweden, but I guess I was wrong.

I mean, I'm playing from Norway and have never had it that bad in 500+ matches (lagged 3-4 times though).

I thought you had great Internet connections in Sweden, but I guess I was wrong.

I mean, I'm playing from Norway and have never had it that bad in 500+ matches (lagged 3-4 times though).

We have great connections here, but if all servers are in USA, then it doesn't really matter how good our connections are.

I seriously doubt you've never encountered any bullshit in this game. It happens all the time.

Brakara

We have great connections here, but if all servers are in USA, then it doesn't really matter how good our connections are.

I seriously doubt you've never encountered any bullshit in this game. It happens all the time.

Actually, European servers are not in the US but in, guess where, Europe. Are you using regular matchmaking?

And the times I've had lag, it's been because the dedis have been down (you can tell by the vastly increased player counts in the mode lobbies, not to mention the dreaded "host migration" message in-game).

I wish we had the option to play US East-coast servers though, as the player count here in Europe is dismal (around 500 in TDM, which is the most popular mode). Also, Ranked is pretty much dead here in Europe.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

I can tell almost instantly if I'm going to stay in a game. I've had almost no problems with Gears 3 since it came out but it's clear as day to me when you join a game and there's the tiniest delay. Things like jumping over or off things and sliding off corners is a good indication. When I spawn I'll try and jump over something and see if it feels right.

It's sounds crazy but I can just tell that something is off and it's not worth sticking around.

Brakara

the one point about the reticle being red is wrong though. i don't expect bullets to pass through cover. he's clearly hitting the bench and it shouldn't change.

Yeah, you're right. It also happens when you're aiming to the right or left in cover. This because bullets can't go through walls. The question is if the reticle should be red or not.

Can they patch the reticule to be grey or completely gone if in cover?

I don't see the point, for me anyway. I don't even really pay attention to the color anymore. it's just simply knowing how for to lean out of cover, keeping an eye open for obstructions and not getting tunnel vision.

I willing to bet the reticle changes(red/white) are based off the camera position and not what the gun is able to shoot.

Dosia

Is doly digital surround not working for anyone else in gears? I checked that its setup on the xbox settings and it works on other games but not gears. Kind of annoying.

Actually, European servers are not in the US but in, guess where, Europe. Are you using regular matchmaking?

And the times I've had lag, it's been because the dedis have been down (you can tell by the vastly increased player counts in the mode lobbies, not to mention the dreaded "host migration" message in-game).

I wish we had the option to play US East-coast servers though, as the player count here in Europe is dismal (around 500 in TDM, which is the most popular mode). Also, Ranked is pretty much dead here in Europe.

I heard they only had servers in US, but if there are indeed servers in Europe, I seriously doubt that they are anywhere near me anyway.

The game has bullshit moments all the time, and that's just the way it is. It's not only for me, it's the same for all of my friends, and I, once again, seriously doubt it doesn't happen to you as well.

malfcn

3-10 because of horseshit. Grenades were killing me from 50 feet away through walls and around corners. And, of course, my bullets weren't doing much of anything.

TRios Zen

3-9..servers down? This is *HORSESHIT*

I am in cover. Go to mantle kick and it puts me in cover. *shakes head*

Man I feel your pain, but I really hope they get this corrected by the time I get on tonight - really looking forward to a good night of Gears.

I'd like to think that that guy is an isolated case, but who knows? As for me, Gears has been perfect, connection-wise. Games are found quickly and lag is non-existent; I've maybe quit 5 times in over 600 matches due to just "feeling" that there will be issues in this match, as others have said. So, only praise for Epic from me.

Ballistik

I'd like to think that that guy is an isolated case, but who knows? As for me, Gears has been perfect, connection-wise. Games are found quickly and lag is non-existent; I've maybe quit 5 times in over 600 matches due to just "feeling" that there will be issues in this match, as others have said. So, only praise for Epic from me.

Yeah, a little over 1000 games here and game has always worked for me.

Which reminds me, we should all post a picture of our stats screen to share before we do the re-up >:)
(I just want to show off how much of a no-life I had these past few months)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

There are European servers though.

I can tell almost instantly if I'm going to stay in a game. I've had almost no problems with Gears 3 since it came out but it's clear as day to me when you join a game and there's the tiniest delay. Things like jumping over or off things and sliding off corners is a good indication. When I spawn I'll try and jump over something and see if it feels right.

It's sounds crazy but I can just tell that something is off and it's not worth sticking around.

I wish me and my friends weren't so stubborn - we will battle to the end in a laggy match, and that's because we win practically all of those laggy-ass matches.

Brakara

I heard they only had servers in US, but if there are indeed servers in Europe, I seriously doubt that they are anywhere near me anyway.

The game has bullshit moments all the time, and that's just the way it is. It's not only for me, it's the same for all of my friends, and I, once again, seriously doubt it doesn't happen to you as well.

What the fuck, man. If it was happening to me, I wouldn't be playing. The far, far majority of games have been buttery smooth. Seriously. I have played fucked up games in the past, but that was back in Gears 2 (so I do know the difference).

And I don't know any people here who have your problem. Have people experienced lag? Sure, when the dedis have been down. On a regular basis? No.

Maybe we play different modes though. I've mainly been playing TDM/KOTH Quick Matches.

One thing's for sure though, you are not on US servers. Each region has its own set of servers, and if the servers are full, it's P2P (you're never offset to another region's server).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom