• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

cresto

My body was ready a long time ago!!
Excuse to post my stats, but I did want a picture before the re-up

a2PFf.jpg

Such. A. Beast....

Ridic...

Ballistik

Such. A. Beast....

Ridic...

Haha thanks, but man my K/D took a nose dive. Probably due to the fact that I play a lot of Koth alone and keep going into hills kamikaze style just to get a break. >:/ (Random teammates always treat it as a TDM mode)

Hopefully they'll have Brothers to the End more frequently, because it helps my K/D and W/L a lot!

Brakara

How much stuff is left in the current season that we don't know about? Haven't been following it.

Another map pack, maybe. Another season, far too large an undertaking for far too little gain IMO. I'm inclined to say no to a map pack because this kind of stuff is usually planned and created far ahead in time more than (ideally) it is judged if it is necessary or viable at a given state of the MP at a certain period of time. Seeing them do a season and then tag a little map pack at the end would be odd, but I don't see it as impossible either.

After Fenix Rising, there's just one DLC left of the season, which will probably be released late February/early March. I highly doubt Epic will just abandon the game after that (5 months after release).

Now, whether there will be another season is fair to question, but nothing at all? That's just crazy.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I have not played Gears in a couple weeks. Oh I've missed it, I think I will re-enter the fray by downloading this new DLC.

Can't see the rising pack on my xbox in the uk, it's either not listed here yet or the new dashboard is still as shit as it was in the beta.

Found it on xbox.com, woo

Brakara

Can't see the rising pack on my xbox in the uk, it's either not listed here yet or the new dashboard is still as shit as it was in the beta.

It always takes some time from the DLC is uploaded to the servers until the information is propagated to the marketplace. So until then you need to go directly to the game:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5308ab?nosplash=1

But don't use this if you have the season pass. With the season pass you should only download from the prompt within the game.

It always takes some time from the DLC is uploaded to the servers until the information is propagated to the marketplace. So until then you need to go directly to the game:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5308ab?nosplash=1

But don't use this if you have the season pass. With the season pass you should only download from the prompt within the game.

cheers but I don't have the season pass, missed my chance to buy it cheap :( and also don't own the horde pack so i'm ok paying for raams shadow and this.

Haha. Fuck you, Gears.

Download maps... Have the shittest time ever.

I was booted for not being able to connect to the host about 6 times; I've never had that happen before. Additionally, it has the absolute NERVE to tell me that my party configuration is such that I can't play online and lo and behold, changing it does nothing, so I have to exit to the title screen to reset everything.

GR8.

"Xbox off".

Ive got a bad feeling this DLC will split the (already small) community.
I cant seem to join existing CTL games, now I have the DLC. It just keeps putting me in new, all-bot games.
I really wish Epic would map their DLC maps available for everyone. This DLC community fragmentation could really screw up public games for Australian players.

Edit: 'Depths' is a real pretty map. I think I could live in a place like that for a couple of months. As long as the internet is good.

Addnan

Haha. Fuck you, Gears.

I was booted for not being able to connect to the host about 6 times; I've never had that happen before. Additionally, it has the absolute NERVE to tell me that my party configuration is such that I can't play online and lo and behold, changing it does nothing, so I have to exit to the title screen to reset everything.

GR8.

"Xbox off".

Same problem is happening to me and a few others.

Brakara

Online? Yes it is. There is like 30k people playing every day. This is not a big community.

30k playing at any time. Huge difference, unless you think it is the same people who play 24/7.

But if you think 30k people playing at any time is a dead community, then by that account most console games not named Call of Duty or Halo are dead.

Edit: And new DLC is also interesting for people who play Arcade/Horde/Beast. And with those, there are almost 100k people playing at any time. And just to paraphrase: at any time. The total number of active players is much, much higher.

FUCK ACTIVE SHOTGUN omg 1 hit killed from like 10 feet away from a headshot, fuck that gun and those who abuse it's broken power.

Now the game is saying to change my party settings to play online, i'm not even in a party...

rebooted, first game can't connect, party problems again :/

mernst23

Season pass user here, download worked for me this morning, played 1 warzone match for onyx number 42, have my green level 10, it unticked the "reach level 100" accomplishment for seriously 3.0 so looks like you can't get seriously 3.0 unless you actually are on level 100. Under medal progress for field service its showing negative 90 over 100 now

FUCK ACTIVE SHOTGUN omg 1 hit killed from like 10 feet away from a headshot, fuck that gun and those who abuse it's broken power.

Now the game is saying to change my party settings to play online, i'm not even in a party...

Yeah, the active gnasher is ridiculous. You'll lose 99% health from 10 feet away, so you'll get downed by one shot if you're hurt at all.

If you get the party glitch, just back out to the start screen. No need to reboot the game.

REV 09

ahhhh Gears, how i've missed you. Finally get to jump back in. I think the Re-up mode means more to me than the new maps...though the maps look awesome. Once i reached 100, i didn't have a desire to keep going; now I do.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Loving these huge maps - should be great for KOTH later on this evening!

Loving Slab's lighting as well as new Escalation's lighting with the little changes here and there - glad they brought back so many night levels in Gears 3, was really missing those in Gears 2.

Still have one more map to check out still.

And:

7v6rT.jpg

charsace

active shotgun is worse than the sawed off to me now. I hate when the round starts and all you hear is shots going off.

active shotgun is worse than the sawed off to me now. I hate when the round starts and all you hear is shots going off.

Same here. For future Gears games I really hope they get rid of the perfect active reload power boost. Getting a faster reload is a reward in itself, and that should be enough.

For being a huge Gears fan I feel shame.

KDR = 2
Won: 480

There are some beasts in here.

And there is some stuff being found:
http://youtu.be/hTYheAMaNa4

My KDR is only 1.8 and its been HEAVILY boosted by bot kills (small community here in Australia).
Also, is there anyone here who is good at wall-bouncing/shot gunning who also uses the alternate control scheme? I dont think its possible, but I dont wanna switch back to the default controls now Im used to the alt setup.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
did anyone get the new playlists?

I had an option that said something like "experimental weapon settings. Requires Fenix Rising" but it's gone now ?

also Warzone and Execution were merged together and there was one called Players Choice

malfcn

So broken.

Down a guy on Checkout from the Ink roost. Can't shoot over cover to kill him (TU3)
Down a guy, walk over and hammerburst and kick him. Doesn't die..he got up and ran away.

2real4tv

Did anyone get a message when trying to play ranked I get this message:

One or more member in your party does not have required content to play on dedicated servers. Then I have an option to Continue(on host connection) - Cancel - Download.

malfcn

Did anyone get a message when trying to play ranked I get this message:

One or more member in your party does not have required content to play on dedicated servers. Then I have an option to Continue(on host connection) - Cancel - Download.

Yah I had that too.
Also just had a guy run through a grenade and gnasher to the face and didn't die. Ahhh, Gears. :)

Or how about the time..when I had 3 people standing in front of me, and I shot 3 times, and not one of them died. Feels good.
Or when I mantle kicked some one, watched them stumble, shot them 3 times and nada. Getting tired of wasting my time on this.

USD

Haha. Fuck you, Gears.

Having the same issues here. Deleted the Map Pack and can load games fine. Re-downloading to see if that helps, doubtful though.

EDIT: Nope, nothing. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom