• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horde is so boring for the first 20 waves on casual, kind of wish players could vote before the first round to skip 10 or 20 rounds and jump straight into the thick of things.

Ballistik

Anyone else notice something different when tossing grenades and rolling?

Either servers were down and my throw simply didn't register, or they added a delay where you can't press RT and roll. Screwed me up in Old Town when you're tossing the ink by boomshot.

h3ro

OMG, I am playing Horde all weekend long. Today just playing from 6-12 I ranked up from 89 to 92. Holy shit you can make some money in there.

no youre knicksage and i dont like you

I read the top part of your response and got excited to play some Horde... then I saw you're a racist.

Char, at least we have Adam to run some Horde with us.

Sadly, I think the 'shooting over cover "fix"' has also fucked things up outside of just shooting over cover.

I had the Longshot on Checkout, zoomed and aiming at the opposite end of where the Longshot spawns, i.e. where the Mulcher is. I was aiming at a Marcus who had taken cover on one of the columns of the alcove wherein the Mulcher is situated. He was upright. I was standing in the isle closest to their spawn that leads to the Longshot.

Anyway, the imperative thing to note is that I was standing out in the open, not attached to cover. When zoomed, part of a shelf could be seen in the reticle on the right side of Marcus, which I'm guessing may be the culprit here. I shot him twice; once UNEQUIVOCALLY in the head and the other, at least in the neck. There was no feedback; no blood, no cringing, no assist, no nothing.

Fix this shit, GG - I mean - Epic.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Back from my extended break from gears. Still a little rusty, but still kicking ass.

Edit: Quinn replied to me, looks like Stranded is weekdays, and it replaced by weekend playlists. That's great news.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Looks like the playlist might be getting looked at.

Quinn was nice enough to reply to some of my tweets. They seem to know brothers till the end and stranded are popular. Here's hoping they work them in and drop some of the less popular modes.

Dan Yo

Banned
The lack of party chat doesn't promote communication. I've played those playlists and the majority of the time its the same as usual. There is no real good solution that i've seen yet. Most people don't like talking i guess. I like the idea of doing that, but it won't ever happen in gears. Is there even a way to tell if people have mic's through the game?
They're not talking because they're in party chat. Just because you're not in party chat doesn't mean they aren't.

In MW2 team deathmatch, people are always talking. It's a blast. I still play MW2 just for the nostalgia of how things were. The trash talk, the calling out positions, the meeting new people .... I wish more games would require game chat. Particularly for team based playlists.

damn active gnashers, just had some teams which would do nothing but shotgun, storm in through our gunfire and 2 hit us down, always with an active reload. I still stand by the gnasher actives being totally broken and ruin the game for what it is.
Tell me about it. This game is still dominated by shotgun rushers, and the extreme effectiveness and ease of which to attain an active reload on the gnasher is to blame. As Gerstmann said, if everyone is running around with shotguns, then Epic has failed. While things are bit better in this game as far as providing options (retros are effective in certain situations at keeping rushers and bouncers at bay), the game still needs some tweaking in regards to that gnasher. Yes, a certain sub group loves to rush people with shotguns and thinks the gnasher should remain overpowered, but most people jumping into a Gears game and witnessing that idiocy put it down and never want to touch it again.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that a few days ago, I got the last special kill that I wanted - a Quad with the Sawed-Off, wasn't even in a KOTH ring.

Hate me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
They're not talking because they're in party chat. Just because you're not in party chat doesn't mean they aren't.

In MW2 team deathmatch, people are always talking. It's a blast. I still play MW2 just for the nostalgia of how things were. The trash talk, the calling out positions, the meeting new people .... I wish more games would require game chat. Particularly for team based playlists.

Tell me about it. This game is still dominated by shotgun rushers, and the extreme effectiveness and ease of which to attain an active reload on the gnasher is to blame. As Gerstmann said, if everyone is running around with shotguns, then Epic has failed. While things are bit better in this game as far as providing options (retros are effective in certain situations at keeping rushers and bouncers at bay), the game still needs some tweaking in regards to that gnasher. Yes, a certain sub group loves to rush people with shotguns and thinks the gnasher should remain overpowered, but most people jumping into a Gears game and witnessing that idiocy put it down and never want to touch it again.

Uh, rifles are fucking beasts in this game too. Have you been playing it?

lol don't try and play gears 1 multi after playing 3 for days, it's like exchanging your action hero models with bendy limbs and having to play with two planks of wood instead. I've been spoiled by reviving myself so going down in gears 1 is more or less the end of the round for you.

TRios Zen

Looks like the playlist might be getting looked at.

Quinn was nice enough to reply to some of my tweets. They seem to know brothers till the end and stranded are popular. Here's hoping they work them in and drop some of the less popular modes.

This is good stuff right here man - I really liked the stranded playlists.

NOW if they would just put a dedi/p2p notification in the lobby...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

I know I played at least once today off servers. I blew a guy to pieces and he traded with me about half a second later. Haven't seen that since gears 2. Also, the guy I was playing with said he saw me ghost on his spectator cam.

Game is amazing when it's on servers though.

Do any games with dedis do this? It won't happen. Its omission is integral to keeping the numbers up.

"Oh, the dedis are down? Fuck that shit. Back to Wodern Marfare".

Tell me about it. This game is still dominated by shotgun rushers, and the extreme effectiveness and ease of which to attain an active reload on the gnasher is to blame. As Gerstmann said, if everyone is running around with shotguns, then Epic has failed

Dumb.

Dumbdumbdumbdumb. Dumb.

For one, that's complete hyperbole. I get annihilated by rifles just as much as I do shotguns.

And for twosies, this is completely subjective. The GoW3 shotgun game is amazing. In your eyes, Epic have failed, whereas mine reflect only glorious success. When a match is rifle-heavy, it's horrible. I'm not playing Gears for its rifle game, even though it, too, is fantastic.

This is Gears Country. You come for the shotguns and stay for the shotguns.

EDIT: I will agree with you on one thing, however and that's that achieving a PAR on the Gnasher could definitely do with difficulty increase.

Ballistik

Decided to start playing Game Battles with my friend today in the double ladder, and on our 4th or 5th game, we got a challenge accepted by a team with a 15-0 record. Best of 3, and they win the first game. We win the second game, and during the third game, someone joins (even though it's invite only), so we end the match because he's team killing us. They say we forfeit because we stopped the match and allowed the random dude to join us, which is untrue because it was invite only, and we've never heard of the guy. Now it's a disputed score, and since I have nothing else to do at the moment, I eagerly await the result, and hopefully get them a loss they were too scared to earn.

Great time waster right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Decided to start playing Game Battles with my friend today in the double ladder, and on our 4th or 5th game, we got a challenge accepted by a team with a 15-0 record. Best of 3, and they win the first game. We win the second game, and during the third game, someone joins (even though it's invite only), so we end the match because he's team killing us. They say we forfeit because we stopped the match and allowed the random dude to join us, which is untrue because it was invite only, and we've never heard of the guy. Now it's a disputed score, and since I have nothing else to do at the moment, I eagerly await the result, and hopefully get them a loss they were too scared to earn.

Great time waster right?

Sounds like one of them invited and the guy switched teams to screw you perhaps.

Great time waster right?

Gamebattles ruined Unreal Loco's life, don't do it, Ballistik.

Friends don't let friends become a statistic.

Lunchbox

Banned
thats a common thing in gb. we used to get that exact situation every 3/4 games everynight in call of duty. you take pics of the score board when you win the rounds and attach them to the match ticket for disputes (and hope you are friends with a admin) to get the win

or else the team with the higher leaderboard ranking will get the win because of their rep. that site is a waste of time and space

Ballistik

thats a common thing in gb. we used to get that exact situation every 3/4 games everynight in call of duty. you take pics of the score board when you win the rounds and attach them to the match ticket for disputes (and hope you are friends with a admin) to get the win

or else the team with the higher leaderboard ranking will get the win because of their rep. that site is a waste of time and space

Well I think we're going to get the win because they claimed a 2-0 score on us and we submitted a picture of us winning a game.

I remember back in 2007 when we tried GB for Gears 1. We were on a great run and then got a win stolen from us, and we stopped playing after that. I do agree it's a waste of time and space, but sometimes it's the only place you'll find competition game after game!

Fuck me. There's something wrong with the game tonight. So frustrating.

EDIT: maybe it's just that the retards are out in full force. Unbalanced teams fucking EVERYWHERE.

charsace

Well I think we're going to get the win because they claimed a 2-0 score on us and we submitted a picture of us winning a game.

I remember back in 2007 when we tried GB for Gears 1. We were on a great run and then got a win stolen from us, and we stopped playing after that. I do agree it's a waste of time and space, but sometimes it's the only place you'll find competition game after game!

GB was great up until MW. It was great for shadowrun I hear. MW though is where it really went into the shitter. I like the idea of GB, its just too bad people are fucking stupid.

MS should come out with something official, similar to GB or partner with them. They could build it into XBL so that leagues could be run and easily managed. Because its a great idea that would help foster community, but the way it is now is dumb.

TRios Zen

So what are the chances that Season Pass subscribers will get fucked over tomorrow? Anyone?

Never! Damn though that better not happen, I am eagerly awaiting new maps to play on.

I know I played at least once today off servers. I blew a guy to pieces and he traded with me about half a second later. Haven't seen that since gears 2. Also, the guy I was playing with said he saw me ghost on his spectator cam.

Game is amazing when it's on servers though.

Amen to bolded, when it works it is a thing of beauty.

Do any games with dedis do this? It won't happen. Its omission is integral to keeping the numbers up.

"Oh, the dedis are down? Fuck that shit. Back to Wodern Marfare".

I hear you, but I can dream, right? Hell, I'd be happy with a connection status next to your name. They could use the crimson omen in reverse: if you have a good connection it's a light grey, if your connection is ass, it's full red, as you'd be dead anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Has there been any news of Epic doing a second season pass thingy?
Would be too much DLC. Sales would probably taper off considerably and it would likely not be as profitable to them. This much is substantial already, I don't know about a full SEASON of more stuff.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Would be too much DLC. Sales would probably taper off considerably and it would likely not be as profitable to them. This much is substantial already, I don't know about a full SEASON of more stuff.

I fully expect the DLC to dry up after the next one.

I'd like to see one last map pack just to keep it going over the summer but I doubt it's going to happen.

Not sure why everyone thinks there will be no more dlc. Gears 2 had 4 map packs (one of them quite substantial) and the numbers on that game were way lower than Gears 3. There may be no more horde/beast/campaign dlc, but there will definitely be more maps.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not sure why everyone thinks there will be no more dlc. Gears 2 had 4 map packs (one of them quite substantial) and the numbers on that game were way lower than Gears 3. There may be no more horde/beast/campaign dlc, but there will definitely be more maps.
How much stuff is left in the current season that we don't know about? Haven't been following it.

Another map pack, maybe. Another season, far too large an undertaking for far too little gain IMO. I'm inclined to say no to a map pack because this kind of stuff is usually planned and created far ahead in time more than (ideally) it is judged if it is necessary or viable at a given state of the MP at a certain period of time. Seeing them do a season and then tag a little map pack at the end would be odd, but I don't see it as impossible either.

Nori Chan

my body is ready for tomorrow
db13221c.jpg

Addnan

Might aswell join in.

and wtf is with this new playlist they are making. "Stay Frosty," Hammerburst start only, 5 hit kill, no dbno, no shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom