• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

I just bought the season pass, got probably about halfway through RAAM's Shadow and got a really shitty glitch. I'm guessing I was nearing the end of the high school section, I got to the principal's office, went through the cafeteria, and then there was a long hallway with a Longshot so you can snipe down it.

Kim died, I got the usual "Mission Failed" screen, but for some reason the game wouldn't let me choose the "Reload last checkpoint" option. The whole thing has been pretty disappointing so far, it's still fun but it's my least favorite campaign act so far. Playing as RAAM was kind of cool for the ten minutes that section lasts.

Anyway, I've got all the DLC now, and I wouldn't mind picking up all the easy "Play 10 waves of horde/ 10 matches of multi as a certain character" achievements if anyone's interested.

Happened to me too.

Was just 9-0 in a Stay Frosty match in which. The other team had 1 guy left and we had plenty of spawns left. I pull up the final guy in my sights to get the final kill for a satisfying 10-0...He stands up and blows my head off in one pistol shot from a mile away and promptly leaves the game...GOD DAMN IT

Was just 9-0 in a Stay Frosty match in which. The other team had 1 guy left and we had plenty of spawns left. I pull up the final guy in my sights to get the final kill for a satisfying 10-0...He stands up and blows my head off in one pistol shot from a mile away and promptly leaves the game...GOD DAMN IT

It's annoying but I love just playing stay frosty with only pistol headshots, nothing else. It's good pratice for fast aiming to me plus I love 1 hit kills in games, feels goodman.

TRios Zen

Has match-making changed for anybody else? Me and my group used to get into matches within 1 or 2 seconds of selecting a game type before last night - now its taking 20-30 seconds. Not an unreasonable amount of time, but noticeable difference.

The upside? Weapons did not feel underpowered at all, but STILL playing on P2P games. I know, because there were at least three different matches with host migrations.

I also STILL have not played all the maps except in private play.

SO, how do you increase the chance of playing on dedicated servers and on the new maps? I normally play TDM quick matches, so I can easily jump in and out if connection sucks. I'd guess ranked matches are more likely to be on dedi, but nothing less fun then being stuck in a shit connection for an entire match just because it's ranked.

Moofers

695671122_2487536662_0.jpg

Don't want to stop until I'm top 50 on all my favorite maps. Haven't been competitive with a game like this for a long time.

Brakara

Has match-making changed for anybody else? Me and my group used to get into matches within 1 or 2 seconds of selecting a game type before last night - now its taking 20-30 seconds. Not an unreasonable amount of time, but noticeable difference.

Maybe because there's more matches to choose from now (and it takes longer to choose the best available one)? I noticed a slight increase in matchmaking time myself, but I also noticed that the game was searching through more matches than previously.

SO, how do you increase the chance of playing on dedicated servers and on the new maps? I normally play TDM quick matches, so I can easily jump in and out if connection sucks. I'd guess ranked matches are more likely to be on dedi, but nothing less fun then being stuck in a shit connection for an entire match just because it's ranked.

I have the same problem, only played Depth once yesterday. Otherwise only the old maps.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug that puts you into matches with non-DLC players, which would also explain all the lag shenanigans. I just know that I've had more lag post-DLC than all I've played pre-DLC, and I've barely gotten to play the new maps either.

TRios Zen

Maybe because there's more matches to choose from now (and it takes longer to choose the best available one)? I noticed a slight increase in matchmaking time myself, but I also noticed that the game was searching through more matches than previously.

I have the same problem, only played Depth once yesterday. Otherwise only the old maps.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug that puts you into matches with non-DLC players, which would also explain all the lag shenanigans. I just know that I've had more lag post-DLC than all I've played pre-DLC, and I've barely gotten to play the new maps either.

Well it is a real shame we can't get a fenix rising playlist - would be nice to be able to really get to learn those maps AND not have to worry about Overpass coming up for some time.

New Gears weekend includes double XP and a bonus for winning the match. even more rage inducing if you are stuck on P2P! HAHA.

Moofers

Well it is a real shame we can't get a fenix rising playlist - would be nice to be able to really get to learn those maps AND not have to worry about Overpass coming up for some time.

New Gears weekend includes double XP and a bonus for winning the match. even more rage inducing if you are stuck on P2P! HAHA.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Can you explain?

TRios Zen

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Can you explain?

My bad - it just seems like last few nights (well 4 or 5) I've been playing on nothing but somewhat laggy P2P matches. I'll be honest, last night, I was on the positive side of that (even though I wasn't host). However, when you are on the crap side of that match, it's rage inducing. Knowing that you could (possibly) win a match if not for connection issues? That is 2x the rage.

Moofers

My bad - it just seems like last few nights (well 4 or 5) I've been playing on nothing but somewhat laggy P2P matches. I'll be honest, last night, I was on the positive side of that (even though I wasn't host). However, when you are on the crap side of that match, it's rage inducing. Knowing that you could (possibly) win a match if not for connection issues? That is 2x the rage.
Got it. I was worried 2xp only applied to dedicated matches for stupid reasons.

Dan Yo

Banned
Dear God this. I was getting humped and trash talked last night so much by players I would normally beat due to matches where I was on the crap side of the p2p host. I vowed last night this game was going on the shelf until I have absolute confirmation from Epic that the servers are up and staying up.

Brakara

For anyone interested in watching some of the World's best Gears teams play, the Hypefestation tournament is this weekend:

http://www.hypefestation.com/

And can be watched at:

http://www.twitch.tv/beyondgaming

I think it starts around 5-6 pm EST today.

Here's the full schedule (times not set in stone though):

BEGINNING:
Friday - 3-4 PM EST (Pre Game Show)*
Friday - 5 PM EST (Bracket Show and determining seeds!)*
Friday - 7 PM EST - 11 PM EST (WINNERS BRACKET ROUND 1 MATCHUPS)*

Saturday - 11 AM EST - 11 PM EST (Tournament continues - ALL DAY COVERAGE)*

CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY
Sunday - 11 AM EST - 11 PM EST (Tournament continues - Grand Finals Sun. night!)

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads...-LIVE-Tournament-Discussion-and-Predictions**

I need 3 players to do some chapters in co-op for both normal campaign and RAAM's Shadow later today.

Same goes with some horde DLC achievements. Anyone down around 9-10pm PST tonight?

I like to play through campaign single player the first time through so I don't want to play RAAM's Shadow multi yet, but the rest sounds good! I'm not sure what chapter you need, but the very first prologue chapter is the only one I haven't played co-op, and I haven't done the submarine stage to the end of the game with 4 people.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
And the playlist sucks big time. Can't even believe that people out there are liking it.

probably the same people who wanted (and got) the gnasher and hammerburst buffed

nothing surprises me about the gears community.

actual quote from a meeting at EPIC said:
should we make a playlist for the maps people just bought?

na, let's make one with super powerful weapons instead derp derp

TRios Zen

Cliff B tweeted: "Gearheads - we've got a team working hard on making sure servers are working properly. Snowpocalypse in Seattle isn't helping. Thanks all."

So maybe I haven't been imagining things these last few days. Nice to hear.

Damn I'm spamming this thread today...can't wait for a Gears night though. Maybe I'll hit Level 82 or so this weekend.

So jealous of anyone that has more time than me to play this game!

LosDaddie

Banned
Also... LosDaddie, are you still doing your usual horde set ups? ^_^ I'd love to join you guys and do horde on the new maps.

I don't have the game back yet from my neighbor. But I'm sure I could get it back.

If we can get a group of at least 4 together, then HELL YES I'm down for a Horde run tonight. Insane w/mutators, all the fun stuff. :)

Hey guys, I'm a westcoaster (PST timezone) looking for some people to join up for Horde mode through the new maps, TDM and KOTH, or running through the Raam's Shadow campaign.

I haven't played the game much lately, so I will be a bit rusty, but I had a 1.7 K/D and a positive W/L ratio. Not a pro by any means, but good enough to hold my own.

I'm looking to get some serious time in on the weekend, so if you think you'll be free at all to drop in and have some fun, shoot me a PM or shoot a message to violentBREED on Xbox Live.

I'll probably shoot some messages out to peeps on the GoW3 GAF tags. :)

Hey guys, I'm a westcoaster (PST timezone) looking for some people to join up for Horde mode through the new maps, TDM and KOTH, or running through the Raam's Shadow campaign.

I haven't played the game much lately, so I will be a bit rusty, but I had a 1.7 K/D and a positive W/L ratio. Not a pro by any means, but good enough to hold my own.

I'm looking to get some serious time in on the weekend, so if you think you'll be free at all to drop in and have some fun, shoot me a PM or shoot a message to violentBREED on Xbox Live.

I'll probably shoot some messages out to peeps on the GoW3 GAF tags. :)

You, me, and Domino Theory are already a group of three.

I'll be on around 10PST, I'll send you a message. My GT is Dinner Cat.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
It brings a smile to my face to see the devs being locked out in koth because the cap is one side of the map and their spawn is the other

hopefully somebody is taking notes

edit: somebody is level 33 on the red re-up level (not on the dev team). How did they go up 133 ranks in 2 days?

Montresor

Any gaffers wanna go for Fenix Rising achievements tonight? Whether it's horde, or beast, or Clayton Carmine / Savage Marauder wins... I'm up for it. Gamertag is LordOdadjian. If nothing happens soon I'll probably go watch a movie though.

Horde sucks when you're alone. I was playing Academy on Insane (w/ Super Reload, Must Active Reload, Friendly Fire) and we had to quit at wave 30. It got too difficult. Horde shines like a million-dollar gem when you have a big group going.

You, me, and Domino Theory are already a group of three.

I'll be on around 10PST, I'll send you a message. My GT is Dinner Cat.

So with BarrowRoll that just makes four so far, right? If you need a fifth, let me know! GT is LordOdadjian of course. ^_^

Any gaffers wanna go for Fenix Rising achievements tonight? Whether it's horde, or beast, or Clayton Carmine / Savage Marauder wins... I'm up for it. Gamertag is LordOdadjian. If nothing happens soon I'll probably go watch a movie though.

Horde sucks when you're alone. I was playing Academy on Insane (w/ Super Reload, Must Active Reload, Friendly Fire) and we had to quit at wave 30. It got too difficult. Horde shines like a million-dollar gem when you have a big group going.

So with BarrowRoll that just makes four so far, right? If you need a fifth, let me know! GT is LordOdadjian of course. ^_^

Will do. Looks like 10pm PST is the tentative start time.

Sounds good! I was going to get on in a half hour or so, if you guys want to start now though I'm game.

Computron

Without the Fenix Rising map packs you cannot use the dedicated servers, what's up with that? Isn't the reason for the first set of maps going free to unify the MM population? Does that mean all the following map packs will go free?

Nori Chan

It brings a smile to my face to see the devs being locked out in koth because the cap is one side of the map and their spawn is the other

hopefully somebody is taking notes

edit: somebody is level 33 on the red re-up level (not on the dev team). How did they go up 133 ranks in 2 days?

Some people played smart and saved all of their gold medals close to being onyx medals.

If you had about 90% of gold into onyx you can easily get to level 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom