• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRios Zen

I've very much fallen out of love with Gears post Fenix Rising DLC. Things feel off and on top of that, I'm just plain sucking mega balls. My Gnasher, especially, is eliciting pea-shooter syndrome more frequently.

I think I need a forced hiatus.

Yesterday on Bulletmarsh I run down by Boomshot spawn and see some dude hard aiming boom at the sniper spawn. Roll up behind him, plant my shotgun in his back and pull the trigger. This point blank shot to the back, doesn't kill him, it just alerts him to my presence, so I strafe to his right (he's turning left) and pop him again. He shoots ground at our feet and I die, but he lives. WTF?

After game I check his stats, and he's got a 5+K/D and 10+ Win/Loss ratio. I love this game, will continue to play and enjoy it for many moons... But there be bullshit here, no doubt about it.

2real4tv

Get the maps. Problem solved.

Don't have the points willing to loan me?

I really don't have a problem with the actually change, I just have a problem with the way it was done. It would have been nice if people were given a warning ahead of time so they had time to get to DLC. I think it was very malicious on their part and there doesn't seem to be a official statement or anything.

Brakara

Don't have the points willing to loan me?

I really don't have a problem with the actually change, I just have a problem with the way it was done. It would have been nice if people were given a warning ahead of time so they had time to get to DLC. I think it was very malicious on their part and there doesn't seem to be a official statement or anything.

I linked to the official statement earlier. But nobody who just play the game (and doesn't pay attention to forums/twitter) will know this.

TRios Zen

Are none of you on Twitter?

From @PeteNub (17 hours ago):

https://twitter.com/#!/PeteNub/status/159763865469583361

If I've been playing on dedicated servers lately, I fear for my love of this game. The inconsistency is maddening.

Why does player A's shotgun gib me from a football field away? Why do three bullets from their hammerburst put me down, but they can run away from three people lancer-ing them with no problem? RAGE!!

HAHA, sorry, but my last few nights have been FULL of crazy BS on gears.

Dan Yo

Banned
I linked to the official statement earlier. But nobody who just play the game (and doesn't pay attention to forums/twitter) will know this.
Ya I had no idea what was going on until I came to this thread to find out what was up with those servers. Now I know.

If I've been playing on dedicated servers lately, I fear for my love of this game. The inconsistency is maddening.

Why does player A's shotgun gib me from a football field away? Why do three bullets from their hammerburst put me down, but they can run away from three people lancer-ing them with no problem? RAGE!!

HAHA, sorry, but my last few nights have been FULL of crazy BS on gears.

Same here. It's been ridiculous since the Fenix Rising DLC.

Some people are almost invincible. I can put three active gnashers in them and they still won't go down. I instagib if someone as much as looks at me with a gnasher.

Dan Yo

Banned
Get the maps. Problem solved.
I have them. Problem is not solved. The userbase has been fractured. I run into teams regularly that have a player in their party without the pack. Boom. Now I'm not playing on dedis because Epic split the community. Where as before I was promised all dedis all of the time, now I only get dedis some of the time.

Also, I have friends on my list whom I can no longer play with because they don't have an extra 30 lying around for the season pass. The game is completely unplayable without dedis so playing with any of them is now out the window.

I'll also add that even when we are playing new maps, so it would seem everyone there has the new map pack, we are still pretty consistently getting player hosted matches.

These last few nights have been a real test of patience with this game. I hope they do the same as before and release these maps to everyone in the near future. I wouldn't even mind that I wasted 30 bucks on their season pass. Just make the game fun again, at least for a few more years.

TRios Zen

Same here. It's been ridiculous since the Fenix Rising DLC.

Some people are almost invincible. I can put three active gnashers in them and they still won't go down. I instagib if someone as much as looks at me with a gnasher.

It has been crap since at least Tuesday. What bugs me the most is that I don't want to play anything else.

If any gears-gaffers play 10-12 PM Central Time (mostly any night), let me know, I usually have a few slots open and always prefer running with a full team. I'm TRios Zen everywhere so I'm easy to find.

I'd post to the Gears Gaf Friends list, but I don't think those are as active as they used to be.

alexel

The Gears GAF list should either be consolidated, or a new one should be started for the regulars that still post in this thread.

It has been crap since at least Tuesday. What bugs me the most is that I don't want to play anything else.

Haha. Bolded. SO much. It's progressed to the point where I don't even own any other games, nor do I feel the want to.

I was throwing shit around my room like it was nobody's business due to the amount of non-fun I was having with this game yesterday. At the time, I was so put off; I didn't touch it for the rest of the day and I swore I'd do something more productive with my time than rage at a fucking videogame, but ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT NOW IS REDEEMING MYSELF AND PLAYING THIS FUCKING GAME. It's unhealthy, I tells you. Flat-out unhealthy.

TRios Zen

Haha. Bolded. SO much. It's progressed to the point where I don't even own any other games, nor do I feel the want to.

I was throwing shit around my room like it was nobody's business due to the amount of non-fun I was having with this game yesterday. At the time, I was so put off; I didn't touch it for the rest of the day and I swore I'd do something more productive with my time than rage at a fucking videogame, but ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT NOW IS REDEEMING MYSELF AND PLAYING THIS FUCKING GAME. It's unhealthy, I tells you. Flat-out unhealthy.

I hear you. My friends are like "fuck this game, let's play MW3 for a bit", and I'm like "have fun, sticking this one out", followed by a series of expletives as I continue getting gibbed from miles away.

If Gears was my wife, we'd be SEVERELY dysfunctional, and I'd probably be labeled co-dependent.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I need 3 players to do some chapters in co-op for both normal campaign and RAAM's Shadow later today.

Same goes with some horde DLC achievements. Anyone down around 9-10pm PST tonight?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
horde is so boring now they've put the price of everything back to normal.

For a while all the bases were $0 and the first fence upgrade was free. It made the game much more fun.

Montresor

I've played 8-10 King of the Hill matches over the past few days and I've played zero Fenix Rising maps.

What's the best online versus mode to have a chance at marvelling at the new maps?

Also... LosDaddie, are you still doing your usual horde set ups? ^_^ I'd love to join you guys and do horde on the new maps.

Hey guys, I'm a westcoaster (PST timezone) looking for some people to join up for Horde mode through the new maps, TDM and KOTH, or running through the Raam's Shadow campaign.

I haven't played the game much lately, so I will be a bit rusty, but I had a 1.7 K/D and a positive W/L ratio. Not a pro by any means, but good enough to hold my own.

I'm looking to get some serious time in on the weekend, so if you think you'll be free at all to drop in and have some fun, shoot me a PM or shoot a message to violentBREED on Xbox Live.

Montresor

I've got a 0.8 K/D ratio. Sometimes I hate sucking, but then again the sheer brutality and amazing sound design keeps me coming back over and over. To be fair... I come back not so much for versus (though TDM and KOTH can get reall fun) but for Horde!

I love chainsawing people or gibbing them. And I just love hearing a Locust scream "Smooooooooooooke!"

-PXG-

If my experience with Gears could ever be compared to a relationship with a woman....Well..

It would be the most fucked up, abusive, heart wrenching, stressful, bipolar, dysfunctional, yet loving, fun, exciting and thrilling experience ever. The sex would be rough, dirty and even painful at times, but oh so worth it.

EDIT

Oh, The Slab. New hotness right here.

Wow, just played a match on Academy. That map is so pretty, I'm pretty sure I felt a stirring in my pants.

I need a quick re-education though, cause I forget how to do some things. How do I:

Mark targets?

Perform weapon-specific executions?

Montresor

Wow, just played a match on Academy. That map is so pretty, I'm pretty sure I felt a stirring in my pants.

I need a quick re-education though, cause I forget how to do some things. How do I:

Mark targets?

Perform weapon-specific executions?

To mark targets, point your targeting reticule at the target and click the left stick.

To perform weapon-specific executions, you must first unlock that weapon's execution, and then hold Y next to a downed enemy while holding that particular weapon. To unlock a weapon's execution, you must get a certain number of kills with that weapon. To unlock executions for the five main starting weapons, get 200 kills with that weapon. For every other weapon, get 40 kills with that weapon. Check your stats&rewards journal to see the progress you have made towards unlocking these executions.

If you attempt to hold Y next to a downed opponent with a particular weapon and you haven't unlocked that weapon's execution, then you'll do an arm-ripping execution if you're a Locust or a face-punching execution if you're a Cog instead.

In campaign, all weapon executions are automatically available, so the kill requirements do not apply. But in all other modes, you will be unable to perform a specific weapon's execution until you have unlocked it by amassing the required number of kills with it.

cresto

I've been playing a lot of execution lately and it absolutely sucks without a group. I keep getting stuck with nobody who communicates and doesn't speak english. If anyone plays execution consistently, add me please!

GT: FREIGHT TRAIN68

I'm always down for a party with people w/ mics and decent skillz

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, yeah, stay frosty is actually pretty fun, but it reminds me of SWAT in Halo, which means it gets old fast. It's nice to switch things up every now and again though.

Really really need that stranded to be permanent.

I like getting on for a few minutes to fuck around by myself. Playing stacked teams ruins that.

Edit: Been going back and forth with Quinn on twitter. It really seems like they may make Stranded permanent, but obviously he's not coming right out and saying it.

It's just nice/cool of him to be keeping up with twitter comments/questions/gripes.

malfcn

Wow they buffed fire. Grenades that have been on the ground for over 5 seconds can kill you in seconds. And flamethrower is a beast.

And once again, Fuck this game. After 10 minutes of it having that host connection error I get dropped into a shitacular match. Thanks again. :)

Yah, anyone familiar with Blood Drive? Then look at these pics..weirdest glitch I have seen.
I could not take cover, could not pick anything, but could kill people. Taking cover either bounced me off the wall or caused me to crab walk.

4MdRw.jpg

o5L9b.jpg

XCCmx.jpg

That's right. A building spawned in the middle of the game, Matrix style.

malfcn

Does Flamerthrow do damage over time now? I just got retro charged. They killed me, and then it said I downed them afterwards.

I just bought the season pass, got probably about halfway through RAAM's Shadow and got a really shitty glitch. I'm guessing I was nearing the end of the high school section, I got to the principal's office, went through the cafeteria, and then there was a long hallway with a Longshot so you can snipe down it.

Kim died, I got the usual "Mission Failed" screen, but for some reason the game wouldn't let me choose the "Reload last checkpoint" option. The whole thing has been pretty disappointing so far, it's still fun but it's my least favorite campaign act so far. Playing as RAAM was kind of cool for the ten minutes that section lasts.

Anyway, I've got all the DLC now, and I wouldn't mind picking up all the easy "Play 10 waves of horde/ 10 matches of multi as a certain character" achievements if anyone's interested.

Hey guys, I'm a westcoaster (PST timezone) looking for some people to join up for Horde mode through the new maps, TDM and KOTH, or running through the Raam's Shadow campaign.

I haven't played the game much lately, so I will be a bit rusty, but I had a 1.7 K/D and a positive W/L ratio. Not a pro by any means, but good enough to hold my own.

I'm looking to get some serious time in on the weekend, so if you think you'll be free at all to drop in and have some fun, shoot me a PM or shoot a message to violentBREED on Xbox Live.

I'll be down for some Horde. I'm definitely not great, last I checked my K/D was 1.4 and I've never actually beaten Horde mode, highest level I've got to so far is 30-something. I've only played with random people online though, so I'm not sure how much the whole communication thing helps.

I'm moving Saturday afternoon but I'll be on Saturday night and Sunday. I'm also on the west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom