• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Thanks guys for the help with the achievements. Kowaku (whitehawk) send me a sad smilie face when I told him the room was up and so I gave up my spot so he could do the Fenix Rising horde with you guys. =D

areal

I've just started playing this after a long break since Gears 2. Is there a consensus on the weapon balance? Are there any strategies that are frowned upon? I haven't noticed any major changes in the way people play. It's a beautiful game, by the way.

abracadaver

edit: somebody is level 33 on the red re-up level (not on the dev team). How did they go up 133 ranks in 2 days?

In the official forums someone wrote about a bug:

He re-upped and played a few matches.
His stats got reset and after that he had the option to re-up again.
He got the the second achievement and a red rank immediately.

So it could be a bug or just another booster.

LosDaddie

Banned
Thanks guys for the help with the achievements. Kowaku (whitehawk) send me a sad smilie face when I told him the room was up and so I gave up my spot so he could do the Fenix Rising horde with you guys. =D

Fun times guys. Lets finish off 50 waves of Horde and Raam's Shadow tomorrow! :)

Aw damn, when you guys doing this today? I'd like to join. I'm game for all 50 waves, and getting the cheevos

Montresor

Aw damn, when you guys doing this today? I'd like to join. I'm game for all 50 waves, and getting the cheevos

Maybe we can get two big gaf groups going? I'd especially love playing with you LosDaddie as I know you're into insane horde. =p I'm drooling at the experience we could get doing all 50 waves in one run on insane with double exp.

Can I nominate Escalation? I'll be available all day today until 7pm eastern.

TRios Zen

Good thing about playing with teammates without the Fenix Rising maps? At least you KNOW you are on P2P, so the rage can be tempered by that knowledge.

Bad thing? Fucking Overpass shows up three times in one night. Vomit.

Speaking of, what are folks favorite Versus maps? Personally I really like Azura, Mercy and Clocktower. Don't have a real feel for the new maps yet, but both the slab, and anvil seem pretty okay too.

I'm tempted to quit out anytime overpass or sandbar comes along though. Most other maps I can live with. Of course for a horde, I'd choose a whole different set of maps as favorites.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Good thing about playing with teammates without the Fenix Rising maps? At least you KNOW you are on P2P, so the rage can be tempered by that knowledge.

Bad thing? Fucking Overpass shows up three times in one night. Vomit.

Speaking of, what are folks favorite Versus maps? Personally I really like Azura, Mercy and Clocktower. Don't have a real feel for the new maps yet, but both the slab, and anvil seem pretty okay too.

I'm tempted to quit out anytime overpass or sandbar comes along though. Most other maps I can live with. Of course for a horde, I'd choose a whole different set of maps as favorites.

Huh?
Players choice is still dedicated servers, is it not?

Maybe we can get two big gaf groups going? I'd especially love playing with you LosDaddie as I know you're into insane horde. =p I'm drooling at the experience we could get doing all 50 waves in one run on insane with double exp.

Can I nominate Escalation? I'll be available all day today until 7pm eastern.

I'll be online from 3PST onwards, but I'll be taking a break in the evening to watch some hockey.

What? I'm Canadian. It's a thing.

Montresor

Well for me, it's getting a little late to start an insane horde run. They usually take more than 2-and-a-half to 3 hours and I'll be unable to play from 7pm-10pm eastern (it's 4:40 eastern right now).

Grisby

Man, do the new maps ever show up? Played a lot of matches last night/today and I only got to check out Escalation, and that was on a KOTH match. I had to check out the new one's in just a private match (they look spectacular).

Why not just have a separate playlist for the maps a month or so after release?

Man, do the new maps ever show up? Played a lot of matches last night/today and I only got to check out Escalation, and that was on a KOTH match. I had to check out the new one's in just a private match (they look spectacular).

I've found it best to play Ranked, out of the ranked matches I've played since the DLC, I've only got all vanilla maps as choices twice. I prefer quick match, but whatever.

Course, Anvil comes up almost every time....

Montresor

Ok, maybe another day.

I could be on 10pm eastern though! BTW, I don't really need to do 50 waves on a Fenix Rising map as I already got that achievement with my brother. I just want to do horde on Escalation because that map is fucking beautiful! Also, it's double exp weekend after all and I only need around 80 waves of horde before I hit 1000 waves and unlock big head mode so I'm up for any kind of horde.

So regardless, I'm willing to help with whatever other achievements you guys need. How far did you get on horde yesterday?

Decado

Do you face any other enemies than the ones at the beginning of the game? I can't stand enemies that blow up when they "die". So boring (I always assume laziness on the part of the devs when I see them). Not liking the game at all so far. I liked the last two games...was pretty sure they couldn't screw up the 3rd. Might be wrong.

I keep getting thrown into p2p games too its annoying.

Rapstah

Do you face any other enemies than the ones at the beginning of the game? I can't stand enemies that blow up when they "die". So boring (I always assume laziness on the part of the devs when I see them). Not liking the game at all so far. I liked the last two games...was pretty sure they couldn't screw up the 3rd. Might be wrong.

They're mixed with variants that don't explode, and some later variants explode in slightly more innovative ways. I was more annoyed by the fact that you have a character in the squad whose only actual character trait is that he used to be a football player. He won't shut up about it.

Grisby

I've found it best to play Ranked, out of the ranked matches I've played since the DLC, I've only got all vanilla maps as choices twice. I prefer quick match, but whatever.

Course, Anvil comes up almost every time....
Ah, I never play ranked. Might give that a shot.

I could be on 10pm eastern though! BTW, I don't really need to do 50 waves on a Fenix Rising map as I already got that achievement with my brother. I just want to do horde on Escalation because that map is fucking beautiful! Also, it's double exp weekend after all and I only need around 80 waves of horde before I hit 1000 waves and unlock big head mode so I'm up for any kind of horde.

So regardless, I'm willing to help with whatever other achievements you guys need. How far did you get on horde yesterday?
I'm game tonight.

I don't remember exactly how far we got but not that far past the first boss wave before we all disbanded.

I'm game tonight.

I don't remember exactly how far we got but not that far past the first boss wave before we all disbanded.

Well, we got that far then somebody left, and we decided with four people, we may as well go for some of the Raam's Shadow campaign achievements.

I'll try and be online for 10pm Eastern, and I'm down for Horde on whatever difficulty you guys are up for.

An observation I've made: my game has not frozen/locked-up since installing Fenix Rising, so that's good.

Another: matchmaking, on the whole, seems slower and less effective. If I'm to quit a game and find another, the chances of it putting me back into that very game seem higher.

You win some, you lose some.

Ugh.

Hopped online for a few TDM matches before the hockey game, and had the 'pleasure' of playing on a server where I could unload a full clip of AR Lancer ammo into a dude through the ENTIRE weapon-pickup animation, and have him waltz away without issue.

Sneak up behind a guy throwing a nade, shoot twice landing hits up close, he spins around and 1 hits me and it isn't even a fucking headshot.

So many games not on fucking servers, so stupid when the game can't even judge your weapon power correctly. It also means people look like they are shooting their shotgun mid roll animation which is the #1 reason why lag ruins gears, at least on a server the roll animation will finish just about before the shot is fired.

It's like your enemy is always 2 steps ahead in a fight.

Oh and only played on the new maps about 3 times in 20 games tonight, worst playlist for new dlc ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom