• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
The Xtortionist said:
Future remakes according to beta data (it's right) include...... Clocktower.

steven-colbert.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
woot! my local store just got the game.

Let's see if i can get it earlier :p

zlatko

Banned
I totally forgot Clocktower didn't make it to the launch set of maps, but was easily one of the most hyped ones when it was leaked it was coming to Gears 3 months ago. The money hat on EPIC is strong... everyone and his mom will pay for the pack that one is in lol.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
That giantbomb review was pretty awesome. Watched about 4 minutes of the video, had to stop myself from being too spoiled... but WOW.

WOW.

Locust entrances are AMAZING.

Dust and smoke looks AMAZING.

HYPEHYPEHYPE.

Also; I love how Halo has set the bar for what games need
Campaign scoring, 'Skulls', 4 player co-op....
Loveit.

Valravn

I ordered the game at a dutch webshop. It now says delivered before 16:00 delivered tomorrow! Can it be? I dont think so, but we will wait and see.

OrangeOak

ChiefEdiri said:
Give me a Raven Down remake over fucking Blood Drive.

I would give a lot for a remake of this map.
I think it would be a nice gesture on epic's part aimed at satisfying the hardcore Gears 1 fans.A lot of people, including me, play mainly on this map to this day.

Sn4ke_911

abracadaver said:
Lots of people got their game today in Germany. Sadly I wasnt one of them. I have to wait till tomorrow

Where you bought it from?

JimiNutz

Banned
I haven't been this excited for a game since Gears 1.
I can't fucking concentrate at work and am sitting here reading GAF for as much Gears info as possible.
Monday is going to be fucking killer (Im spending the weekend reading the last Gears book - Coalitions End so hopefully that will go quickly).

My girlfriend is weirded out by how excited I am! lol.
Im not even a 'gamer' so she's never seen me like this before, last game I bought was MK. Only Gears can do this to me.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Found an eBay item which will be delivered tomorrow, and it was cheaper than most pre-orders, so I guess I scored.

When new games come out, it's all about checking 'newly listed' and refreshing all day

Arjen

NutJobJim said:
I haven't been this excited for a game since Gears 1.
I can't fucking concentrate at work and am sitting here reading GAF for as much Gears info as possible.
Monday is going to be fucking killer (Im spending the weekend reading the last Gears book - Coalitions End so hopefully that will go quickly).

My girlfriend is weirded out by how excited I am! lol.
Im not even a 'gamer' so she's never seen me like this before, last game I bought was MK. Only Gears can do this to me.

I know what you mean, Gears is just something special, i bought an xbox for Gears 1 and i met tons of friends while playing Gears 2, most of them i still play with.

zlatko

Banned
I could have gotten the game early a couple times already in the past week+, but for me on day one it's all about playing the campaign with a few specific buddies online, and without them having a copy yet it wouldn't be worth it to me personally.

The only thing I regret is in that time the ending was spoiled on me, so I could have probably gone through the campaign already by now and wouldn't have had that happen. :(

Every Gears game I've gone through co-op on day one, and I can't wait to do it again here. :)

i nerini del buio said:
So gaffers, I got my copy this morning. Do I get banned or whatever for playing it before day1?
No, you shouldn't get banned.

The only thing you can miss out on is golden weapon skins if you have the Veteran Gear achievement from Gears 2 (level 100).

Seth Balmore said:
No, you shouldn't get banned.

The only thing you can miss out on is golden weapon skins if you have the Veteran Gear achievement from Gears 2 (level 100).
nope, I do not have the veteran achievement
the only unlockables I should have are the ones from the beta

i nerini del buio said:
nope, I do not have the veteran achievement
the only unlockables I should have are the ones from the beta
Then enjoy. :)

I think there are around 200-300 players worldwide at the moment.

-PXG-

CliffyB said:
Hey, PXG, thanks for all of the support on here all these years. Means a lot!

No problem.

I remember seeing Gears of War for the first time in 2005. I was a PlayStation guy at the time and had no interest in the new Xbox. After seeing Gears, I told myself that I HAD to get a 360. Gears is pretty much the reason why I bought and still own the system.

On behalf of the entire Gears nation and community, thank you and Epic for making such a great series. Thank you for all of the great gaming memories in the past and all of the futures ones we'll have in Gears 3.

4 MORE DAYS!!!

-PXG-

For the love of God, someone give me a link to Blood Drive (
even though I hate that map
) video. The one posted was taken down.

Is their a Clocktower one too? Give me the fucking goods damnit!

Detox

Great review from Metro / Gamecentral

As far as we’re concerned this is easily the best Gears Of War game, but it’s also one that refines and exhausts every gameplay element to such a degree that it seems like a far more final end to the trilogy than Epic probably intended. If there are more games, and we assume there will be, they’re going to have to be significantly different to seem worthwhile.

But that’s a problem for another time, for now you get to enjoy a near perfect evolution of one of the most important games of the generation – and one we can now say we thoroughly enjoyed instead of just

In Short: Few of the details are different but this feels like a franchise that has finally grown to fill its full potential, as Epic brings an emphatic end to the trilogy.

Pros: A great improvement in story-telling and pacing, and some amazing visuals. Excellent competitive multiplayer and some of the best co-op ever.

Cons: The gameplay hasn’t changed significantly from the original games and can seem overly familiar. Plot is still largely impossible to care about.

Score: 9/10

Only part that caught my eye was this:

The game looks so good in fact that the overly compressed pre-rendered cut scenes look ugly and jarring by comparison.

Hopefully it isn't as bad as Bulletstorm's cutscenes.

-PXG-

dmg04 said:
"Chrome Lancer - In Gears 1, finish a ranked match with the highest amount of points."
OP should change this to "Obtain 'Don't Hate The Player' Achievement in Gears 1"

Got the achievement today after spending endless amounts of time trying to get a dang match. went to the OP and ctrl+f'd "Don't hate the player". Totally got pissed thinking i did it for nothing.

What difference does it make? Actually....nevermind...it makes a big difference. My way is more specific and actually tells you what you need to do. Merely having the name of the achievement is going to confuse people and inevitably make them ask more questions.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Karram said:
It turns out the NTSC version of the game works on PAL consoles. I don't know why Rod said it's region locked.

Son of a bitch - and the guy cancelled those import Epic Editions because of this too - I should have kept mine since I was moving out of Europe too.

Gonna text him later on to see if he can still send the order again.

Willeth

-PXG- said:
What difference does it make? Actually....nevermind...it makes a big difference. My way is more specific and actually tells you what you need to do. Merely having the name of the achievement is going to confuse people and inevitably make them ask more questions.
Meh, you should still include how to do it, but definitely include the name of the achievement as well. Imagine if you hadn't played either in a while and were scrolling through your achievement list to see what you'd earn - having the names there would really help. "Commando" and "Don't Hate the Player" specifically aren't exactly descriptive just from their titles.

Sn4ke_911

Stores In Mexico Breaking Street Date for Gears Of War 3

NOT ME
x2_844e4bd.jpg

-PXG-

Jambi, FYI, that Blood Drive is real. No way someone would fake that.

Even though I didn't like it in Gears 2, it looks REALLY good in 3. Damn Epic...

Willeth

Man, I just realised that since I switched my preorder from ShopTo to GameStop, I'm not getting Mechanic Baird any more. I don't suppose anyone will be getting one they'd want to donate? I really liked the idea of being able to have the full set and now I'm missing one.

-PXG-

Here is the rumored full list if anyone wanted to know. Bold are are unconfirmed.

Aftermath
Artillery

Azura - DLC
Blood Drive - DLC? (it's real, not sure when or how it will be made available)
Dry Dock
Clocktower
Cove
DayOne

Old Town
Gridlock
Checkout
Hotel
Jacinto
Mercy
Overpass
River
RustLung - DLC
Sandbar
Thrashball
Trenches

Karram

Skilotonn said:
Son of a bitch - and the guy cancelled those import Epic Editions because of this too - I should have kept mine since I was moving out of Europe too.

Gonna text him later on to see if he can still send the order again.
To be clear I didn't try it my self, but Videogameplus.ca posted on their blog that they tried the NTSC copy on a PAL console and it worked.

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/2011/09/gears-of-war-3-xbox-360-region-free.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom