• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
dmg04 said:
Other than Halo, i think this is the only IP i could ever cover via game AND book.
I love the Gears universe, the author of the books got authorization to fit the story in with the games and I think she helped write the Gears 3 story.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Just tried to join 8 different Social Horde matches. Every single time, the game was either finished or the host was AFK.

I'd say 5 of those 8 were 'level 50 complete!'. Semi-frustrating.

And sadly, i've come to realize that i got myself banned from the GOW forums a few days after GOW2 came out. Apparently i talked trash on Epic and was banned for life. Sweet...

cresto

-PXG- said:
This weekend is gonna be terrible. Even though I'm seeing a new girl, Gears is still on my mind. I just want this game so bad Monday is gonna be truly awful. Such a long day it will be. Fuck me.
Hope she shares your enthusiasm for gears of war or else she might not last long haha! Gratz buddy, hope she's a keeper.

Sheez wtf is going on here, there is already an IGN Tips video up on the 360 dash? It shows the hidden cog tag locations but I'm not sure how many they show because I closed it once it started unveiling areas I'd never seen before. So be warned, watch at your own risk, I just can't believe they even put that up already.

JambiBum

Mizzou Gaming said:
Sheez wtf is going on here, there is already an IGN Tips video up on the 360 dash? It shows the hidden cog tag locations but I'm not sure how many they show because I closed it once it started unveiling areas I'd never seen before. So be warned, watch at your own risk, I just can't believe they even put that up already.
That sounds like a mistake.

zychi

Banned
Again, I know this has been posted, but I can't be bothered to go through the entire thread.

What do the achievements from Gears 1 and 2 unlock in 3?

What skins are available without having to preorder at store x on release date?

I already know the unlockables/skins you can earn IN game, but I'm curious about the external ones.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Naughty Dog Congratulates Epic Games' On Gears 3′s Critical Success

x61M8.png

nRkz4.png

Oh wow that's very nice of Amy and ND.

Ballistik

zychi said:
Again, I know this has been posted, but I can't be bothered to go through the entire thread.

What do the achievements from Gears 1 and 2 unlock in 3?

What skins are available without having to preorder at store x on release date?

I already know the unlockables/skins you can earn IN game, but I'm curious about the external ones.
You don't need to search the thread, all the known unlockables are in the OP (the big wall of text that's at the bottom of the post) , and some of the requirements as you'll find out are achievements from Gears 1. Just read the list.

zychi

Banned
Ballistik said:
You don't need to search the thread, all the known unlockables are in the OP, and some of the requirements as you'll find out are achievements from Gears 1. Just read the list.
No spoilers in the op? I'm always weary about reading op's for games I tend to skip them

Ballistik

zychi said:
No spoilers in the op? I'm always weary about reading op's for games I tend to skip them
I don't think so, well in that section atleast. They're all just weapon skins. Im on my phone so it's hard for me to highlight the ones you want to know about. So yeah, Idk what you don't know yet but PXG did hide some things so you don't see EVERYTHING.Safest bet is to not look at it.

cresto

Ballistik said:
I don't think so, well in that section atleast. They're all just weapon skins. Im on my phone so it's hard for me to highlight the ones you want to know about. So yeah, Idk what you don't know yet but PXG did hide some things so you don't see EVERYTHING.Safest bet is to not look at it.
Ballistik, are you heading back to school next week? I'm done done and done!!!! Now I can put all my focus into gears of war - and finding a real job, of course

-Freight Train68 (still not sure while I settled for this retarded forum handle).

zlatko

Banned
Haha, I just can't get over how bad Prescott's voice is in this game. I haven't heard a line yet worth a shit. What was EPIC thinking?I would've made the bum re-record a 1000 times if I had to until he was sounding enthusiastic for at least one line. Guess he just wanted his paycheck and was out the door. :/

Valravn

Puddles said:
I am really fucking stoked for this game. Need to go get my red-lighted 360 repaired this weekend.

I bought a new Xbox just because my old one is broken and is out of warranty. Yeah, im crazy. :)

dmg04 said:
I'm starting to wonder if these weapons skins are a good thing...

Same here. I'm cool with alternate skins that are character appropriate, but rainbow guns? Pink guns? The hell, Epic? Gears 1's look was so moody, and now....this. How far we've come.

JambiBum

Addnan said:
Guy on the forum just said 'his friend gave it to him.'

threads been deleted now.
It could be one of two things. Something from the leaked build or a mod someone made using the leaked build. Someone who knows how to use the Unreal development kit could easily mod some maps.

hmm, unless this is from a dev kit that map must be on disc, and unless every other early player or leaker up till now has just missed it in the map selection it would appear its locked.

More on disc dlc?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Net_Wrecker said:
Same here. I'm cool with alternate skins that are character appropriate, but rainbow guns? Pink guns? The hell, Epic? Gears 1's look was so moody, and now....this. How far we've come.
It'd be fine if they weren't animated. lol.

What brought me to love gears so much was the gritty feel. Don't go all mario sunshine on me, Epic!

Arjen

WTF? Another map already done and not on the disc?
I played Blooddrive waaaay to much to get excited about it though.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
"Chrome Lancer - In Gears 1, finish a ranked match with the highest amount of points."
OP should change this to "Obtain 'Don't Hate The Player' Achievement in Gears 1"

Got the achievement today after spending endless amounts of time trying to get a dang match. went to the OP and ctrl+f'd "Don't hate the player". Totally got pissed thinking i did it for nothing.

I wonder how that guy accessed the map, heh. Actually if you check the leaderboards for any mode in the retail game you can see there's leaderboards for all the retail maps AND THEN also for Azura, Rustlung and Blood Drive (damn leaderboards spoiled the surprise for me).

I looked at the Beast leaderboards in particular where there are some interesting gamertags under Azura, Rustlung and Blood Drive. Tags like mstestusus1, mstestusgb2...

So I don't think that's leak footage. It could be retail. I wonder how he did it.

Oh and I hope they're planning on remaking Jacinto. If there's one map I'm gonna miss it's that one.

damn good map to remake if you ask me. i would be completely okay if they had another 5 pack of remakes. gears 2 netcode may have been shit, but there were some stellar maps in there.

OrangeOak

Seth Balmore said:
I wonder how that guy accessed the map, heh. Actually if you check the leaderboards for any mode in the retail game you can see there's leaderboards for all the retail maps AND THEN also for Azura, Rustlung and Blood Drive (damn leaderboards spoiled the surprise for me).

hmmm so maybe they will unlock these 3 maps with this day one patch or some time later ?

PinkCrayon said:
damn good map to remake if you ask me. i would be completely okay if they had another 5 pack of remakes. gears 2 netcode may have been shit, but there were some stellar maps in there.

Future remakes according to beta data (it's right) include Blood Drive, River, Jacinto, DayOne and Clocktower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom