• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeth

Triple Oceans said:
I gotcha. But isn't that what Hi-tekk had originally asked anyway? Did Willeth just answer his question twice?
There's two ways you can do it. One is to have two Gold accounts signed in. Both of you will earn XP, achievements etc. as you'd expect. Or, if you just have a friend over, you can have a guest sign in and play on a temporary profile, piggybacking off your Gold account. Anything he earns is temporary but the main account's progression is unaffected.

Halo 3, ODST and Reach did this previously, and I believe Black Ops did too.

Reckoner

just asking: the unlockables are tied to just one account in one console? I think I'll be able to get my game earlier but I don't want to miss all the stuff on my main account later. so if I play in a new account and then in my main account will I still get the beta unlockables and stuff?

I can't see myself going back to Exe/Warzone any time soon. Between the new sudden death rules, the first-to-3, and the emergence of TDM, it just seems old-hat now. The only thing I didn't like about TDM was all the randoms rushing out and getting killed like idiots and wasting lives, but hopefully with GAF that won't happen so much lol

Why isn't it Tuesday yet?

Hixx

Addnan said:
Was it before 5pm? If not then I don't think they will dispatch until Monday :(.

No. If they don't process orders on saturdays that is terrible and I wouldn't have bothered ordering.

Lunchbox

Banned
-PXG- said:
I looked at the medals in greater detail. Yeah...nobody is getting Seriously 3.0. You have to get Onyx for EVERY medal in order to get it. Level 100 is one of them (odd how they word the achievement description, it's awfully redundant).

People will find a way to glitch it, I'm certain. No one has that amount of time. Plus, a lot of those medals are skill based. You can't get them just by grinding.
You get them with bots

So the skill based ones can be boosted if you're dedicated enough. But bullshit like kill a nemesis 6000 times is just plain dumb. You have to die 5 times by the same guy and then kill him. So I have to die 30000 times by specific guys to even try to attempt it.

Fuck you

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I haven't been this excited for executions since Mortal Kombat

Before i rev my chainsaw in someones gut, i do believe i'll be saying 'Finish Him' in the back of my head.

Willeth said:
There's two ways you can do it. One is to have two Gold accounts signed in. Both of you will earn XP, achievements etc. as you'd expect. Or, if you just have a friend over, you can have a guest sign in and play on a temporary profile, piggybacking off your Gold account. Anything he earns is temporary but the main account's progression is unaffected.

Halo 3, ODST and Reach did this previously, and I believe Black Ops did too.

Cool deal. Thanks for the clarification.

-PXG-

Lunchbox said:
You get them with bots

So the skill based ones can be boosted if you're dedicated enough. But bullshit like kill a nemesis 6000 times is just plain dumb. You have to die 5 times by the same guy and then kill him. So I have to die 30000 times by specific guys to even try to attempt it.

Fuck you

Yeah, but what about playing 3000 matches in each game type. That's 18,000 matches.

6000 kills for each starting weapon in Versus. Not campaign, Horde, Beast or custom games. Versus only.

Robot Pants

-PXG- said:
I looked at the medals in greater detail. Yeah...nobody is getting Seriously 3.0. You have to get Onyx for EVERY medal in order to get it. Level 100 is one of them (odd how they word the achievement description, it's awfully redundant).

People will find a way to glitch it, I'm certain. No one has that amount of time. Plus, a lot of those medals are skill based. You can't get them just by grinding.

Doesn't seem THAT bad to me. Probably take a little longer than Seriously 1.0 did.

EDIT: *post above me* OH.....

-PXG-

Robot Pants said:
Doesn't seem THAT bad to me. Probably take a little longer than Seriously 1.0 did.

EDIT: *post above me* OH.....

Just read the MEDALS section in the OP and you'll see why it's almost impossible.

Zezboob

Skilotonn said:
Yes. Reading always helps.

Especially when Eurogamer gave Gears 2 a 9 out of 10, and gave Gears 3 an 8, you know, just like I said in my very short post, and like Cliffy himself said right under the quote you posted yourself.

I tried to write that in the nicest way possible, because your post was so damn stupid, and on top of that, you wanted to get snarky with it too.
Oh my, you never change. And I almost forgot your paranoia. :D

My point is that the title is justified, Cliffy called the Eurogamers reviewers "haters" because they gave an eight. Period. Stop considering every "critic" about Gears of War like an aggression.

Beside, his logic makes totally no sense. A review is done considering the time context. It doesn't mean that Gears 3 is worse than Gears 2 or something like that, and he should know that better than anybody, except if he is THAT stupid.
If Gears 2 was to be released this month, it would probably get generous 7 if lucky.

To conclude, reviews are most of the time useless and scores even more.
Just watch video of multipliers made by reviewers, it just give me a headache to watch it, the majority of them just don't have a fucking clue of how to play it.

Robot Pants

-PXG- said:
Just read the MEDALS section in the OP and you'll see why it's almost impossible.

Oh yea. I didn't know there was a list in the OP. That list is way more complete than the other ones you find online. And also, holy shit.

Plasma

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
Shopto still not sent my copy, getting a bit worried now.

Got my email this morning say it had dispatched, even if they send it out Monday though they normally turn up the next day.

CliffyB

Playah
Zezboob said:
Oh my, you never change. And I almost forgot your paranoia. :D

My point is that the title is justified, Cliffy called the Eurogamers reviewers "haters" because they gave an eight. Period. Stop considering every "critic" about Gears of War like an aggression.

Beside, his logic makes totally no sense. A review is done considering the time context. It doesn't mean that Gears 3 is worse than Gears 2 or something like that, and he should know that better than anybody, except if he is THAT stupid.
If Gears 2 was to be released this month, it would probably get generous 7 if lucky.

To conclude, reviews are most of the time useless and scores even more.
Just watch video of multipliers made by reviewers, it just give me a headache to watch it, the majority of them just don't have a fucking clue of how to play it.

I was also smiling and laughing when I said "haters" - it was a *joke*. :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Yeah, but what about playing 3000 matches in each game type. That's 18,000 matches.

6000 kills for each starting weapon in Versus. Not campaign, Horde, Beast or custom games. Versus only.

Someone already posted how to boost that "play matches" achievement by simply idling in your own private game.

Also, are you positive you can't get onyx skins through bots? I'm pretty sure you can. (Hell I've seen guys getting progress for weapons in Horde.)

-PXG-

CliffyB said:

Joe is going to have a lot of fun banning those who are going to cheat getting Seriously 3.0

You better get a coupon for a free steak dinner at The Palm or something. Better not be some silly ass gamerpic. Jesus Christ.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
Someone already posted how to boost that "play matches" achievement by simply idling in your own private game.

Also, are you positive you can't get onyx skins through bots? I'm pretty sure you can. (Hell I've seen guys getting progress for weapons in Horde.)

Rod stated that you can only get the Onyx skin through Versus by getting 6000 kills for each weapon. It makes sense that the Onyx skin is tied to the Onyx medal.

It would be on odd inconsistency if you could get the medal in all modes, but not the skin, since both require the same amount of kills.

RS4-

Alienshogun said:

The play matches thing, you can also set execution to 1 round in private and just do it through there too.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Rod stated that you can only get the Onyx skin through Versus by getting 6000 kills for each weapon. It makes sense that the Onyx skin is tied to the Onyx medal.

It would be on odd inconsistency if you could get the medal in all modes, but not the skin, since both require the same amount of kills.

I know what he said, I also know he's been wrong a plethora of times. I also know what I've seen. The only thing is that I could have been mistaken by what I saw, but I don't think I was.

I'm 90% sure you can get Onyx medals in bot games and I'm 90% sure I saw horde kills counting as weapon kills too.

Xamdou

Plasmid said:
Alright, it's saturday, now we're really closing in.

2 days 11 hours brothers.

For all those saying no one will buy the skins

Who's spent almost 100$ on skins? [Epic forums]

:lol :lol

I bought the Gears controller just for the infected omen skins. Going to buy the Season pass ($30) for the liquid metal skins and I'll probably get all the buyable skins as well.

So Season pass buyers get discount on the bulk paid skins?

Plasmid

Xamdou said:
I bought the Gears controller just for the infected omen skins. Going to buy the Season pass ($30) for the liquid metal skins and I'll probably get all the buyable skins as well.

So Season pass buyers get discount on the bulk paid skins?

I got the controller but only because my other 2 are really shitting out and i want a gears 3 controller just for gears, i was initiatlly going to sell the omen skins / give them away.

I'm buying the season pass but not because of the skins, i personally think the LA noire Rockstar pass was a godsend in terms of dlc availability.

I'll probably buy all the skins too :lol.

Seriously 3.0....

challenge-accepted.jpg

CliffyB said:
If Seriously in Gears 1 had been for more than just ranked games I would have gotten it. I spent 90% of my time in public matches with friends.

Seriously 2.0 was ridiculous. I've played Gears 2 a lot and I still only have about 35k kills.

It will be interesting to see how many will get Seriously 3.0 legit. I bet there will be at least a couple of achievement whores who'll play just for that achievement.

I can see myself playing Gears 3 for the next 18-24 months, but I'll still not be able to get the achievement because of the ridiculous grinding involved. No one who plays the game normally will get it.

Xamdou

Plasmid said:
I got the controller but only because my other 2 are really shitting out and i want a gears 3 controller just for gears, i was initiatlly going to sell the omen skins / give them away.

I'm buying the season pass but not because of the skins, i personally think the LA noire Rockstar pass was a godsend in terms of dlc availability.

I'll probably buy all the skins too :lol.

Yeah I have two standard controllers as well in really shitty condition. I am way over due for a new controller so I bought the Gears 3 controller. I think the season pass is a great deal because on top of getting the liquid metal skin pack you get two extra characters and all the maps packs coming out within the year of game launch so $30 is a bargain. As for the skins, I will check it out first before going all in :O

-PXG-

Plasmid said:
I honestly thought you guys were just playing, but this is almost identical to a mirrored and reskinned mansion.

Not that it's bad, i didn't care for mansion too much though.

get-out-gif.gif

Plasmid

-PXG- said:

but... but.. but..
:(.

I loved it in gears 1, but for some reason Gears 2 burned me out on it.

I still don't see why no one is asking for escalation / process as a remake.

First of all PROCESS WAS THE SHIT. I played that almost every day 7 rounds to win on gears 1, and escalation was pretty fast paced in most of my games.

e:

That destructoid article is shit, i don't read anything off of their but Jim sterling seems kind of a douchebag.

Also, is there going to be a launch trailer? I need one more to get my fix.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
It's annoying having the game and having to wait until Monday to play the campaign when your friends finally get it.

Are people saying Hotel is similar to Mansion? I don't see it, but I've only done 2 or 3 waves of Beast on there. I'll have to go and look again.

Volimar

Alienshogun said:
Saying Jim Sterling "seems like a douchbag" is akin to saying Hitler seems like a bad guy.

It's one thing to be a guy with unpopular opinions, but Jim revels in the hatred when he feels like it, and conjures up excuses when he feels victimized. I really like destructoid for some things, but their reviews are very hit and miss. And when Jim took Cliff's comments about a completely different 8/10 review and took that opportunity to co opt the controversy and make it about his review, well that was just sad.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Volimar said:
It's one thing to be a guy with unpopular opinions, but Jim revels in the hatred when he feels like it, and conjures up excuses when he feels victimized. I really like destructoid for some things, but their reviews are very hit and miss. And when Jim took Cliff's comments about a completely different 8/10 review and took that opportunity to co opt the controversy and make it about his review, well that was just sad.

He's like a fatter, more annoying video game oriented Rush Limbaugh.

Also, Destructoid is a waste of a website, and forum. That place is packed with 12 year olds and man babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom