• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Willeth said:
Heh. Ran into a guy called VikingGear in a TDM match. You're trying too hard, dude.

From his profile...

+\m/SLIPKNOT SURFACING\m/+ FUCK IT ALL! FUCK THIS WORLD! FUCK EVERYTHING THAT U STAND FOR! DON´T BELONG! DON´T EXIST! DON´T GIVE A SHIT! DON´T EVER JUDGE ME!

wut...

K' Dash

Superimposer said:
It's annoying having the game and having to wait until Monday to play the campaign when your friends finally get it.

Are people saying Hotel is similar to Mansion? I don't see it, but I've only done 2 or 3 waves of Beast on there. I'll have to go and look again.

Do your friends agree to wait for all four of you to become available to advance in the game?

Volimar said:
It's one thing to be a guy with unpopular opinions, but Jim revels in the hatred when he feels like it, and conjures up excuses when he feels victimized. I really like destructoid for some things, but their reviews are very hit and miss. And when Jim took Cliff's comments about a completely different 8/10 review and took that opportunity to co opt the controversy and make it about his review, well that was just sad.

Jim Sterling is an attention-seeking fat piece of shit no matter how you say it.

Destructoid, as a site, would be SO much better off without him, as he makes the site look bad on an almost weekly basis. I'm not talking about his 4/10 Assassin's Creed review or his 10/10 Deadly Premonition reviews (that, by the way, actually get counted on Metacritic even though he posts for satire and hits), but just his posts and reviews in general are usually garbage.

He used to be interesting back in the day, mildly. Don't know what went wrong.

Bad7667

LeonSKennedy90 said:
I can't see myself going back to Exe/Warzone any time soon. Between the new sudden death rules, the first-to-3, and the emergence of TDM, it just seems old-hat now. The only thing I didn't like about TDM was all the randoms rushing out and getting killed like idiots and wasting lives, but hopefully with GAF that won't happen so much lol

Why isn't it Tuesday yet?
What are the new sudden death rules?

see5harp

As much as I dislike Jim Sterling's history of review scores and reviews, I do think people should calm down over a 8/10. If anything, review scores are inflated and it would be better if the press used the entire scale. An 8/10 is a very good score.

OrangeOak

FateBreaker said:
Man you guys are tough on Gears 2. I preferred it to Gears 1, but I am strictly talking campaign.

I am strictly talking multiplayer ,campaign was good for me but I liked it more in first game as well. Spookier with imo better level design and faster gameplay.

-PXG-

FateBreaker said:
Man you guys are tough on Gears 2. I preferred it to Gears 1, but I am strictly talking campaign.

And we are talking about multiplayer. Not horde...The competitive multiplayer. If you've played it as long as we have, you'll know why we're so salty on the verge of chewing out someone's jugular vein.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
K' Dash said:
Do your friends agree to wait for all four of you to become available to advance in the game?

Indeed.

I really don't understand the Gears 2 hate aside from matchmaking issues/stuff outside of the game itself... I thought it was far far superior to Gears 1, and I loved Gears 1.

I understand there were teething issues, resetting of scoring system etc., but what it is now is very good.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Superimposer said:
Indeed.

I really don't understand the Gears 2 hate aside from matchmaking issues/stuff outside of the game itself... I thought it was far far superior to Gears 1, and I loved Gears 1.

The problem with Gears 2, was that it's almost too good.

Jesus that never gets old.

Raxus

Just to clarify I am sure SOME of the medals have been changed since the beta. Nobody is going to get the Nemesis Medal. Nobody. I am pretty sure they deleted it.
It is just as bad as the ribbons that awarded points for killing an enemy that was 25-50 levels above you. Basically they were awards for sucking or not playing the game.

-PXG- said:
And we are talking about multiplayer. Not horde...The competitive multiplayer. If you've played it as long as we have, you'll know why we're so salty on the verge of chewing out someone's jugular vein.
OrangeOak said:
I am strictly talking multiplayer ,campaign was good for me but I liked it more in first game as well. Spookier with imo better level design and faster gameplay.

Sorry, I responded way too quickly and didn't notice it was strictly multiplayer. I was too into Halo to even touch Gears 2 online. I just remembering the campaign of Gears 2 being incredible. I'm definitely getting online with Gears 3...looking forward to the true Gears multiplayer experience that apparently Gears 2 didn't have.

Alienshogun said:
The problem with Gears 2, was that it's almost too good.

Jesus that never gets old.

There were problems but overall it was just incredibly fun and well designed. Lots of variety. Loved the Gears 2 campaign.

Lima said:
You can do all of the requirements for the medals in private matches against bots, so yes there will be people playing everyday and rushing towards this achievement.

Sry for double post.

Do the kills in private matches count towards your 6,000 kills for the onyx weapons?

No one is getting the one for killing 6k nemeses without boring themselves to death, so just forget about it.

Not to mention 18k matches.

FateBreaker said:
There were problems but overall it was just incredibly fun and well designed. Lots of variety. Loved the Gears 2 campaign.
Yeah I'm at the tail end of Gears 2 after just replaying the two campaigns back to back and 2 blows 1 out of the water.

This is again, talking strictly campaign. Gears 2 multiplayer is still a mess.

ShogunX

About the skins - It shows you a little preview of what the skin looks like on a lancer when you click on them.

For example - Tiger Skin.

23wwpao.jpg

Sadly I'm probably going to buy this one.

Grisby

Yeah, I got soured on Gears 2 MP upon release. It just took to damn long to get into a match and the lag was awful. Thankfully most of the technical issues were sorted out but by then I only had the care to come back occasionally. The campaign was fantastic outside some on rail shooting bits.

Looking to go full steam with Gears 3. I'm even contemplating the map season pass thing. Something which I never do (buy map packs).

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
-PXG- said:

Gears 2 was the first game to break me. It was the first game i gave up on. Thankfully i saw the light about 5 or so months into it. I can't even imagine how bad it had to have been for people that kept going after TU1.

Reckoner

even in the campaign, the first Gears had a much bigger impact on me than the seconds one. and I don't even talk about the multiplayer, because you all know how it is.

cresto

Epic is really starting to annoy me. They have this amazing product with tons of great game options and modes yet they pull these stunts like paid weapon skins and the season pass. Then they have seriously 3.0 which is completely absurd.

I can just imagine the developers sitting in the office coming up with all these ridiculous schemes to screw us over.

I bet their thought on seriously 3.0 is, "lets make it impossible to really fuck with our fans"

I'm not big on achievements (i think i have around 20% of available achievements completed) so it doesn't matter to me, but at the same time....Really? No love.

Oh well. Thankfully I don't really have to buy any of these but dangling the carrot in front of me will be tempting.

Edit: And why did they change up ex/wz?!? If you win out (i know it's bots) the matches will literally span 4-5 minutes. I mean I guess that is nice for a quick match, but I don't want that all the time.

Vire

Do you have to have the Snowblind map pack to get the Veteran Gears achievement? :/

I'd like to get the gold Gnasher without buying it...

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
delta25 said:
For anyone who has finished the game, I could be wrong but I vaguely remember hearing something about a
space level
, is this true?

Spoiler tags of course. :)

How about you fucking spoiler tag that your fucking self. What the fuck.

Fixed that for you. Jesus Christ.

Domino Theory said:
Mausoleum needs to be re-made. My second favorite Gears 1 map behind Clocktower.

I just went to Youtube to watch some Mausoleum footage, and man Gears 3 is so far ahead of the first 2 in terms of how tight and slick the gameplay is now. Despite the love people might have for the first one.....'twas some jank, yo.

Vire said:
Do you have to have the Snowblind map pack to get the Veteran Gears achievement? :/

I'd like to get the gold Gnasher without buying it...

all fronts pack is literally $5 this weekend. if you're that close to getting VG, it's probably worth it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bah I ordered from Futureshop I realized. Guess that means no pre-order skins for me :( I guess the regular version for $40 wasn't a bad deal though.

Hope it get's delivered within the first week at least so I can get the Gold Lancer, but I'm afraid it might not be :/

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Diablohead said:
Dizzy's beard looks like plastic now, did they downgrade the hair detail or something? so many corners cut in this game :p

DIZZY! I love Dizzy so much. Switched to him in Gears 2 and stuck with him for 3 years without every switching it up. Looking to do the same in Gears 3.

"I gotcha back like a butt crack!"

Domino Theory said:
"I gotcha back like a butt crack!"
I say this every now and then in the real world and no one ever knows what I'm talking about. Dizzy is awesome but Baird is my homey.

"Come on bru, what are you doing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom