• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Barrow Roll said:
I say this every now and then in the real world and no one ever knows what I'm talking about. Dizzy is awesome but Baird is my homey.

"Come on bru, what are you doing?"

Yeah, Baird has some of the best sarcastic comments out of all characters.

Dizzy's just that chill dude sitting on his front porch with a shotgun on his lap, eating sunflower seeds and happily married to his sister.

<3 Dizzy.

Volimar

Domino Theory said:
Yeah, Baird has some of the best sarcastic comments out of all characters.

Dizzy's just that chill dude sitting on his front porch with a shotgun on his lap, eating sunflower seeds and happily married to his sister.

<3 Dizzy.

Aww, that just reminds me of the book where
Dizzy's wife gets sick and dies because of the squalor that the stranded live in while the COG had medicine to treat it.

<sniff>

Volimar

People are asking more and more specific questions. Be patient and enjoy the game for yourself, don't let everyone else's opinions on the matter color your experience.

Volimar said:
People are asking more and more specific questions. Be patient and enjoy the game for yourself, don't let everyone else's opinions on the matter color your experience.

or at least answer them in spoiler tags

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Volimar said:
Aww, that just reminds me of the book where
Dizzy's wife gets sick and dies because of the squalor that the stranded live in while the COG had medicine to treat it.

<sniff>

Fuck, that really happened? :(

I hope we see him in the Gears 3 campaign. They ended him in Gears 2 on a cliffhanger.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
had some Gears 2 multiplayer games today as a warm up, man I forgot what a pain in the ass grenade tagging became.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
kaizoku said:
had some Gears 2 multiplayer games today as a warm up, man I forgot what a pain in the ass grenade tagging became.

I'm glad smoke grenades can take out planted nades. I'd prefer no nade planting from the start, but this'll do.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Domino Theory said:
I'm glad smoke grenades can take out planted nades. I'd prefer no nade planting from the start, but this'll do.

there's nothing more satisfying then picking up the grenades and immediately planting one on the spot where they spawn

works every time

BAM!!!! got the game just a few hours ago, and the 3D is freakin awesome 3D___3D !!

296231_10150810574430290_547980289_20969458_446118231_n.jpg

300216_10150810663910290_547980289_20970138_1264927435_n.jpg

Citizen K

I was lucky enough to get this today (uk). Only up to act 2 but holy crap its fantastic! Great set piece after great set piece. Hope it continues in this vein. Absolutely gorgeous too.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Fingers crossed that amazon will get it to me a day early

Work was unbearable today
couldn't get gears off my mind

Looking to get a savage elite grenadier skin have nothing to offer really apart from a gears 2 hammerburst code, im potentially getting one and if i did then the person who gave me the code would get the code back im just trying to secure one.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Shadowlink said:
For those who got it early, I hate you. :(

I COULD have gotten it early, however i had already paid it off with random credit at GS. Its cool man we're almost there. Just one more day. (Im rounding it off).

Smeghead said:
Can you spoiler it for us?
I was thinking of recording a video of the end result without the actual steps... ;)

It's a 9 step easter egg, you need to find certain items and trigger certain stuff until you reach the end of the chain. It starts by hitting the fire alarm and getting a fire extinguisher from the Photo Center back door.

The end result is kinda funny... kinda cute. I just don't wanna ruin the mystery, the game's not even out yet lol.

-PXG- said:
You're not. Others have done it.
Figures, there are thousands of dedicated fans like me with copies already. Just wishful thinking. :p

Wish I could find the one in Thrashball, I have no idea where to start.

-PXG-

I know it was a bot. They're notorious for odd movement that players can't do (such as sharp turns while roadie running)

Just a hunch, that maybe, a player could do it too, with the right timing and inputs...

KaiserBecks

It's a damn shame that there's no option to take screenshots. I'm almost done with Chapter 1 (got the game yesterday and played Horde all evening) and you wouldn't believe the action I've seen so far.
I've become a spoiled PC gamer over the last few months and Gears is the first console game that I've picked up since Marvel vs Capcom 3, I think.
I don't know how Epic did this, but this game looks amazing. Not in terms of "well it's good for a game that runs on a 6 year old console", but in terms if "holy shit, this looks amazing".

I hope Mass Effect 3 uses the same version of the unreal engine. Honestly, amazing.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Reluctant-Hero said:
If anyone has a spare Mechanic Baird or Commando Dom code come Tuesday, I'll have a spare Savage Kantus code for trade. Send me a PM if interested.

Same. I don't care for the Savage Kantus so I'm willing to trade.

DRE Fei

Wait, so if you pay $45 you unlock every skin in the game? Even the ones exclusive to the beta? I'm sure people will do this if it's true. lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
DRE Fei said:
Wait, so if you pay $45 you unlock every skin in the game? Even the ones exclusive to the beta? I'm sure people will do this if it's true. lol

No.

Man, it never ceases to amaze me how people can't understand things.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
DRE Fei said:

no, the DLC skins are something else.

the unlockable skins can't be bought (*yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom