• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon.com Bestseller List. Not bad.

#1 - Standard
#5 - Limited
#8 - Epic
#20 - Console

I'm surprised that many people want editions beyond the standard.

DRE Fei

D4Danger said:
no, the DLC skins are something else.

the unlockable skins can't be bought (*yet)
Ok. I guess I understood wrong. They're separate. It doesn't shock me that the paid dlc is better than the unlockable stuff though.

TRios Zen

Don't want to overburden this thread with trade request, but I've got a free download code for a PC version of Dirt 3, that I'd be willing to trade for a Mechanic Baird or Savage Kantus code. PM me if interested (code is from an AMD video card I bought)

Ballistik

Any deals on Microsoft points?

Well if anyone finds any deals on 1600 MS points, post it in here so we can get that season pass for under $30!

quickwhips

So they put a online pass in the case instead of extra maps this time? That sorta sucks I'm guessing they are hoping people who didn't redeem the maps will buy a online pass when they get prompted. Makes me sorta sad.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I'm getting a Mechanic Baird... don't really know if I want to trade for anything, if anyone wants it I'm just throwing this out there, and please tell me what I can have in return!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:
In fairness, Epic have been fucking rubbish about communicating this kind of thing.

True, but the community (especially here) have cleared it up, multiple times. Not to mention, it's clear as day on the stream that just happened yesterday.

quickwhips said:
So they put a online pass in the case instead of extra maps this time? That sorta sucks I'm guessing they are hoping people who didn't redeem the maps will buy a online pass when they get prompted. Makes me sorta sad.

No.

Superimposer

Marco1 said:
It's probable been stated but how long is the campaign?
Is it longer that gears 2?
Thanks.

Haven't played it personally but the general line is that yes, it is somewhat longer than Gears 2 and definitely longer than Gears 1.

exYle

I have an additional set of Infected Omen weapon skins (got the controller, getting the Epic Edition), does anyone have a Savage Kantus to trade for it?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Domino Theory said:
You should probably wait until I get my code first since Amazon takes a day or two after the game ships before they give out their pre-order incentives.

Alright, I'll just make sure to not redeem Dom in the meantime. :p

CyReN

Campaign is LONG. I've been doing my best to finish it since Thursday night. I'm easily a huge Halo Fanboy but this campaign is so much better than anything Halo 3, Reach, Gow 2, entire Cod series did. I'm near the end and I don't want to finish:(

CliffyB

Playah
Diablohead said:
Does rodie run not lower the camera to hip height any more? looks way too easy to run and see what's going on now.

I had the coders rotate the camera forward slightly when rring now so you can see a bit better. People were manually doing it with rs anyways, might as well automate it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Superimposer said:
My standard edition didn't come with either. Probably a pre-order bonus at a specific store?

It's not supposed to be. Hell the IO skins aren't even supposed to be on the god damned controller.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
quickwhips said:
You have to enter an Online Pass code though right? So no other extra bonus for a new copy?

There is no online pass.

Jesus christ.

The only thing there is, is a SEASON PASS that you have to buy.

-PXG- said:
I looked at the medals in greater detail. Yeah...nobody is getting Seriously 3.0. You have to get Onyx for EVERY medal in order to get it. Level 100 is one of them (odd how they word the achievement description, it's awfully redundant).

People will find a way to glitch it, I'm certain. No one has that amount of time. Plus, a lot of those medals are skill based. You can't get them just by grinding.

Seriously 3.0 should have just been level 100 and all other achievements. Then it acts as a platinum or exclamation point for the whole game. It's not like getting level 100 is going to be a breeze, anyway.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I guess being hard of hearing I could not tell the guy was saying he got that copy from a guy with the bundle, so I guess the "guy" gave him the skins too.

Domino Theory said:
Chill out, bro.

And you don't HAVE to buy the Season Pass. ;)

True, just getting annoying with redundant questions.

I'll just ignore them from now on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Volimar said:
You can blame PXG and his sense of humor with spoiler tags for that.

I blame PXG for everything.

It's cold out side, DAMN YOU PXG

Taxes are too damn high, DAMN YOU PXG

My penis is small, DAMN YOU PXG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milly79

I'm not even going to bother with MP until release date. Already level 60's that know the maps and just destroy me anywhere I walk. Oh, I'm so mediocre. :(

Superimposer

Alienshogun said:
It's not supposed to be. Hell the IO skins aren't even supposed to be on the god damned controller.

I got IO skins, not omen skins, that post you quoted threw me off. But no Adam Fenix.

Plasmid

I'm gonna fucking laugh if some standard games have an adam fenix & IO code in it.

I'll be getting a commando dom from gamestop, and if anyone has a savage kantus, i would love it.

Grisby

Superimposer said:
I'm getting a Mechanic Baird... don't really know if I want to trade for anything, if anyone wants it I'm just throwing this out there, and please tell me what I can have in return!

I'll trade ya the Commando Dom thing skin from Gamestop for it. Like the look of Baird's better.

-PXG-

quickwhips said:

LOOOOL

I was kidding

Superimposer

Alienshogun said:
Wait, what?

You got infected omen skins in what?

OK OK I'll admit, I'm confused as hell. I haven't been keeping up with all this bonusy stuff and skins and whatnot, usually when I read about stuff like this I put up a mental block.

In my standard edition I got the disc, the manual (which by the way is one folded in page, wtf) and these Gears logos on glossy paper that I assumed were temporary tattoos or something... that's what I thought "IO skins" are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom