• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Superimposer said:
OK OK I'll admit, I'm confused as hell. I haven't been keeping up with all this bonusy stuff and skins and whatnot, usually when I read about stuff like this I put up a mental block.

In my standard edition I got the disc, the manual (which by the way is one folded in page, wtf) and these Gears logos on glossy paper that I assumed were temporary tattoos or something... that's what I thought "IO skins" are.

The IO skins are infected omen skins. They were originally epic edition exclusive, then they want to console as well, then by a monumental fuck up on behalf of Epic and Microsoft they are ALL available with the controller as well.

So it looks like everything is as it was now, for now.

dagZ said:
I got the infected omen skins with the controller.

Yes, I know.

Brakara

The OP says that mutators are in arcade mode only, but I can swear that in the Giant Bomb QL there was an option to enable them in private horde matches.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Brakara said:
The OP says that mutators are in arcade mode only, but I can swear that in the Giant Bomb QL there was an option to enable them in private horde matches.

Yep, used them in private horde earlier.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Brakara said:

Yep, Horde too.

Superimposer said:
Yep, used them in private horde earlier.

pervert.

-PXG- said:
Poor wording on my part. It should be "will not be found in Versus". You can use them in Horde.

DAMN YOU PXG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-PXG-

Brakara said:

Poor wording on my part. It should be "will not be found in Versus". You can use them in Horde.

-PXG-

JambiBum said:
Since there is trading going on, I have a commando dom for trade. Preferably for a savage kantus.

Having Commando Dom in Gears 3 is like having one of these

joey-money.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
JambiBum said:
Since there is trading going on, I have a commando dom for trade. Preferably for a savage kantus.

Nobody better lay a finger on my savagekantusfinger

Was gonna photoshop him coming out of the wrapper, but I'm to fucking lazy/tired from the gym.

DoomGyver

-PXG- said:
Having Commando Dom in Gears 3 is like having one of these

joey-money.jpg
You never know if these characters will ever be DLC or not. If they're not on the store Commando Dom may be worth some $$$ a couple months from now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Full Recovery said:
You never know if these characters will ever be DLC or not. If they're not on the store Commando Dom may be worth some $$$ a couple months from now.

The way things are going, bet that they will be available to purchase from Epic post release.

-PXG-

Full Recovery said:

And Zimbabwe will stop using foreign money and go back to using their own...

Epic will sell them at a later date. For sure.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This is all a test for when they inevitably sell the preorder skins. Commando Dom and Mechanic Baird for 400 points, Savage Kantus for 3600.

Elginer

Ballistik said:
Yeah, Tuesday.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll pick up a MS point card come Tuesday with my LE. Can't wait after hearing so much positive feedback from the campaign. I know the MP is solid from the beta but hyped for Epic's campaign.

FStop7

Banned
I never finished Gears 1 and have never even played 2. I'm working on running through them this weekend. I'm about halfway through 1. It still looks really good, especially when you remember it's a 5 year old game. My only complaint is that because it's so often dark and murky and the action happens so quickly, you don't really get many opportunities to see how good the Locust character models and textures are. During the defense of the gas station I zoomed in on a group of Locust with the sniper rifle and was so impressed by how good they looked. And not just the models, but the character designs in general. Definitely get a WETA/Peter Jackson vibe.

Plasmid

Grisby said:
Anyone have any video on what the Infected Omen weapon skins look like? I take it they may be animated skins?

Video i saw got taken down.

Basically it's an orange / reddish glowing omen on the weapon with some veins going through the weapon, it glows bright and darker on the weapon, it's pretty cool.

ShaneB

Yay!

1z6ry2r.jpg

Installing now. I would love to jump into multiplayer, but think it's the smart choice to blast through the campaign.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
This might be a silly question, but can arcade campaign mode (scoring & mutators) be played solo, or is it only for 2-4 players?

Full Recovery said:
The trigger on my razor onza just went out. Somethings wrong with this thing, it keeps jamming. See?!
My onza has developed a defect aswell, constantly is looking downwards :( badly manafactured crap. who do i speak to about this.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plasmid said:
I wish they'd say if the mechanic baird etc are going to be sold later. :(

They can't because those distributors "require" special incentive from them to promote their product.

If it's going to happen it will happen post launch.

Grisby

Plasmid said:
Video i saw got taken down.

Basically it's an orange / reddish glowing omen on the weapon with some veins going through the weapon, it glows bright and darker on the weapon, it's pretty cool.

Oh, neat. Thanks Plasmid.

Grisby

FStop7 said:
I never finished Gears 1 and have never even played 2. I'm working on running through them this weekend. I'm about halfway through 1. It still looks really good, especially when you remember it's a 5 year old game. My only complaint is that because it's so often dark and murky and the action happens so quickly, you don't really get many opportunities to see how good the Locust character models and textures are. During the defense of the gas station I zoomed in on a group of Locust with the sniper rifle and was so impressed by how good they looked. And not just the models, but the character designs in general. Definitely get a WETA/Peter Jackson vibe.

Was crazy mind blowing to me. I went to the GF's house and came in shouting crazy things like, "It's like playing a Pixar movie."

Heh.

The part your coming up to after the gas station was my favorite area in the whole game. Such an amazing vibe in that chapter. Also, 2 is even longer then 1 so make sure you set aside plenty of time. Glad to here your getting back on the train though!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Brought the game over by some friends to watch them mess around in Horde & Beast Mode, and can't wait to play in a full party come the 20th - Horde A.I. has definitely improved, on just Normal I was watching them having to sweat with just the two of them playing when it would have been a breeze in Gears 2.

Zezboob said:
Oh my, you never change. And I almost forgot your paranoia. :D

My point is that the title is justified, Cliffy called the Eurogamers reviewers "haters" because they gave an eight. Period. Stop considering every "critic" about Gears of War like an aggression.

Beside, his logic makes totally no sense. A review is done considering the time context. It doesn't mean that Gears 3 is worse than Gears 2 or something like that, and he should know that better than anybody, except if he is THAT stupid.
If Gears 2 was to be released this month, it would probably get generous 7 if lucky.

To conclude, reviews are most of the time useless and scores even more.
Just watch video of multipliers made by reviewers, it just give me a headache to watch it, the majority of them just don't have a fucking clue of how to play it.

You made a mountain out of a molehill and *I'm* the one with paranoia? Is something wrong with you, or is English not your first language or something? I'm not even involving myself in the critique. The title says half the reason why he "hated" the Eurogamer review, the other half is found in the article itself.

Not only was it that straight-forward, but the man himself said that it wasn't serious, so good job wasting time over nothing.

DaNcaKe

Just used the fire extinguisher in MM and it confused most of the other team. People running at me with the shotgun suddenly turned round and ran for their lives as soon as I sprayed some extinguisher goodness at them.
It does no damage.

Still want to see what happens with the Easter egg on checkout.

StalkerUKCG said:
My onza has developed a defect aswell, constantly is looking downwards :( badly manafactured crap. who do i speak to about this.
Mine did the same shit after a while. Did you buy off of the Razer store? I just called them up, sent mine in and got a brand new replacement shortly after.

Plasmid

LeonSKennedy90 said:
This looks like you spent a lot of time in Photoshop, pouring over the two images until they blended together seamlessly.

Job well done!

I spare no expense of course ;).

Thinking of changing my gamertag to its Andrus or something, i like my gamertag but i keep feeling like switching it :c.

DaNcaKe said:
Just used the fire extinguisher in MM and it confused most of the other team. People running at me with the shotgun suddenly turned round and ran for their lives as soon as I sprayed some extinguisher goodness at them.
It does no damage.

Still want to see what happens with the Easter egg on checkout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga7-6vTUzeY

I'm raging inside watching all these people on my friends list playing this game. I feel like I've checked every store in Chicago that might possibly break the street date but no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom