• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Ugh, can't believe the game starts out on the ship. Getting motion sickness lol. Had to stomach it until the start of Chapter 3.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Friend sent me a text to Majors Minute giving out codes.

At first i was all 'Hell yeah gunna get myself some green weapon skins'

then they turned out to be wallpapers.

1260735703150j15m.jpg

Also; Thanks bro for letting me know how the game starts out! Spoiler tag plz.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
dmg04 said:
Friend sent me a text to Majors Minute giving out codes.

At first i was all 'Hell yeah gunna get myself some green weapon skins'

then they turned out to be wallpapers.

1260735703150j15m.jpg

Also; Thanks bro for letting me know how the game starts out! Spoiler tag plz.

Yeah, it's not October yet, so, yeah.

Alienshogun said:
Yep right at the end, Sawed off downs with no damage. Fuck that.
So disappointing. I'm still hoping there's a launch update that addresses this.

My biggest problem with the SOS downs is that my group tends to mainly play execution. This shit can't happen during execution or there will be rage.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
shichishito said:
So disappointing. I'm still hoping there's a launch update that addresses this.

My biggest problem with the SOS downs is that my group tends to mainly play execution. This shit can't happen during execution or there will be rage.

Well, at least that will make the man up rule work in your favor. Kill one guy and wait for the SOS campers to come out.

Alienshogun said:
Well, at least that will make the man up rule work in your favor. Kill one guy and wait for the SOS campers to come out.
I guess, but I may fall asleep if that's how every round is going to turn out.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Question- If i boot up the disk on my xbox that i didn't play the beta on, then recover my GT on the console that i actually played the beta on, will i still have the unlock?

Long story short, i didn't have an xbox during the beta, just got one recently. All of my beta saves are on the other console, though.

JambiBum

dmg04 said:
Question- If i boot up the disk on my xbox that i didn't play the beta on, then recover my GT on the console that i actually played the beta on, will i still have the unlock?

Long story short, i didn't have an xbox during the beta, just got one recently. All of my beta saves are on the other console, though.
This would work if we had the system update with cloud saving but since it isn't out yet you won't be able to do it without transferring the saves

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
oh MAN! gears 2 really isn't fun when playing with randoms :\

edit- Added gears gaf... did you guys deny me or is it full?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I keep thinking about purchasing this because of the 20 dollar credit on Amazon, and the fact that I bought and kind of hate Dead Island. But I know I only want to play the SP and Horde mode. Is there anywhere that lists all the changes to Horde mode?

Willeth

Yeah, TU1 is now available. Unfortunately it looks like it corrupted my campaign save. At least I was near the beginning of the act. I hope this doesn't screw up the campaign completion stat for the chrome Gnasher/achievements, but I guess I'll be playing through again on Insane at some point even if it does. At least I can start a new game from the third act exact chapter I left on.

Alright this game just pushed all reason right out of my mind. Gears is easily my favorite game to play co-op with. Both of my friends who are my normal brethren for this kind of dirty work are out of a job and can't afford to get the game so I did the sensible thing and pre-ordered 3 copy's from Amazon. My wife is going to be pisssed.

BruceLeeRoy said:
My wife is going to be pisssed.

Think positive! While you're sleeping on the couch, that gives you more time to play Gears of War 3!

Who loves ya, baby?

Unrelated, but I clicked on your user title and I said gotDAYUM at the MGS4 OT

BruceLeeRoy said:
Alright this game just pushed all reason right out of my mind. Gears is easily my favorite game to play co-op with. Both of my friends who are my normal brethren for this kind of dirty work are out of a job and can't afford to get the game so I did the sensible thing and pre-ordered 3 copy's from Amazon. My wife is going to be pisssed.
best friend ever right there

shichishito said:
best friend ever right there

No kidding. These broke bastards owe me big time.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Think positive! While you're sleeping on the couch, that gives you more time to play Gears of War 3!

Who loves ya, baby?

Unrelated, but I clicked on your user title and I said gotDAYUM at the MGS4 OT

This is unfortunately a pretty likely scenario.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
If there's confirmation that this TU is the one which adds the proper Veteran Gear unlock, I'm going to start playing on my main account tomorrow morning.

And again about the Sawed-Off still downing people with no damage, it may be changed in the that first TU - the guy was pretty clear about it not downing on its own anymore.

BruceLeeRoy said:

Wanna be my friend? :D

JambiBum

Skilotonn said:
If there's confirmation that this TU is the one which adds the proper Veteran Gear unlock, I'm going to start playing on my main account tomorrow morning.

And again about the Sawed-Off still downing people with no damage, it may be changed in the that first TU - the guy was pretty clear about it not downing on its own anymore.
Hooligunn just said on his twitter that it unlocks them. Get back in the game baby.

For the unlocks for getting various Gears of War 1 achievements in part 3, do I need to have that save file on my 360, or will it just scan my achievements? I ask because I got a new 360 a few years ago and never bothered to transfer all my old game saves to it.

Domino Theory said:
Amazon doesn't ship games until a day before its release. They've been 100% for me in terms of release-day delivery so far and I've ordered tons of games from them.

I've had a similar experience with Amazon, never had a package miss release day. ever.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
For those who've ordered from Amazon before, do you live near a distribution center?

I REALLY want another gears game a day early.

Nori Chan

Do you guys think I'll be able to get the limited edition if I pre ordered the standard? I'm going to gamestop like around 7ish to pick up my copy. school til 6 :(

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order for the Kmart Deal and I'm going to pick up the 1 year of live with it. It just ran out, it's a decent deal...but boy do I hate myself for ending up with this service every year and never using it. Last year it was Halo Reach.

The wait is becoming unbearable now. I keep seeing videos posted on YouTube and I can't help myself but watch them. I had so much fun on the beta I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom