• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
-Yeti said:
1 more sleeps!

It is going to be a long two days. :(
lol, two more sleeps for amazon buyers :(

Also; Had a closing shift from 5-9.30 on tuesday. Gave that shit away ASAP.
I'll take a break from Gears 3 when i pass out from lack of sleep and food

CliffyB said:
I am reading all of these.
you are lacking your bunny avatar :(

dmg04 said:
lol, two more sleeps for amazon buyers :(

Also; Had a closing shift from 5-9.30 on tuesday. Gave that shit away ASAP.
I'll take a break from Gears 3 when i pass out from lack of sleep and food
heh sounds like my uni days! I would sit up playing gears 1 until the sun was up again, then go down to the shop to buy lunch and continue lol

I work evening shifts so can't do that kind of thing any longer :(

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Diablohead said:
I work evening shifts so can't do that kind of thing any longer :(
Lol, right now i'm doing two full days at a community college, then random spastic shifts every other day.

2-630 today
945-6 friday
some random shift saturday

cut my hours back after the san diego blackout. Not only did i get an extra hour from not getting a lunch and doing credit card transactions manually for 3 hours [I work at REI; campign superstore full of lanterns and D batteries], i also got holiday pay for the week, thank god for laborday.

Plasmid said:
It really is, i have a test tomorrow and then a quiz and a discussion on tuesday :lol.
I have nothing to do and I think it'll make it go by so much slower. :lol

The bad thing about going to the midnight release is that I have to be at work at 7:30. I think I might just sleep all day tomorrow :lol

ShaneB

This campaign is insane. It's everything and the kitchen sink.

Seems a little easy though, and I'm playing on Hardcore.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'm pretty shocked redbox isn't stocking this considering that they stocked games like Driver and Space Marine which I'm sure would get much less revenue than gears.

S1kkZ

is there a chance for single-player dlc? - mild spoilers-
baird and cole should get a dlc act. they are absent for a long time, i really want to see what they did and how they ended up with the other ship.

ShaneB said:
This campaign is insane. It's everything and the kitchen sink.

Seems a little easy though, and I'm playing on Hardcore.

Diffuclty level seems really well nailed. Glad to see no dificulty spikes, but pretty easy from beginning to end = enjoyable. One problem though - the last boss is a fucking nightmare in co-op. With three human players we got nowhere, with two it was much easier, I think there was less enemies then.

I've been playing on Insane now and that's basically one shot and you are dead.

Ballistik

S1kkZ said:
is there a chance for single-player dlc? - mild spoilers-
baird and cole should get a dlc act. they are absent for a long time, i really want to see what they did and how they ended up with the other ship.
Yeah there will be single player DLC some day down the line. Tweet

CliffyB said:
I am reading all of these.

Commando Maria skin plz

sUiS6.jpg

Have the Limited Edition pre-ordered on Amazon. Hopefully it'll be here by release date, but it won't bother me if it comes later because I likely won't be able to play it until Wednesday or Thursday of this week. And only a couple of MP games at that.

I hope to romp through the campaign with my best friend over the weekend.

Excited!

ShaneB

RiotPelaaja said:
Diffuclty level seems really well nailed. Glad to see no dificulty spikes, but pretty easy from beginning to end = enjoyable. One problem though - the last boss is a fucking nightmare in co-op. With three human players we got nowhere, with two it was much easier, I think there was less enemies then.

Fair enough, it is a decent balance, just I guess a biggest issue is that death seems like a one shot deal or nothing since you can get downed so many times and a partner will raise you up, perhaps it's been balanced moreso for co-op. Which is why I asked about difficutly modifiers, which I think are the mutators for arcade mode.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Watching that Ivory skin video- ew :(

I'm REALLY ocd about things like bodyparty/weapons going into the geometry of a wall, but seeing the weapon phase in and out of that dudes back... the flames skin made it VERY apparent. Ah well. Graphics are beautiful none the less

Finished the campaign on hardcore yesterday.

Game is way too easy and doesn't have a lot of suprises. The boss fights are kinda forgettable. The action itself is still pretty good but i think the Gears formula is getting a bit stale. I can understand Eurogamers score now.

Now on to the multiplayer.

nomis

Benjamin1981 said:

Game is way too easy and doesn't have a lot of suprises. The boss fights are kinda forgettable. The action itself is still pretty good but i think the Gears formula is getting a bit stale. I can understand Eurogamers score now.

TLDR: "Problem?"

CliffyB

Playah
RiotPelaaja said:

Once you are in 3-4p there are added waves of foes.

Peterthumpa

Benjamin1981 said:

Well, it's a third person shooter. There's obviously some different things to try from here on, but I'm sure that Epic decided to finish the trilogy on 360 with a sort of common identity.

Also, to be fair... as much as these guys squeezed the most of the current platform, the ideas behind new game mechanics and things like that are probably waiting for the next Xbox. I'm pretty sure that CliffyB and Epic wouldn't want this franchise to end up like a "normal" FPS in the sense of endless-same-iterations.

Mark my words: the next Gears will be something different, and even better.

snack

i nerini del buio said:
nope
not in italy at least
actually the game almost has no instruction manual lol, let alone free xbl...
Oh, damn. That sucks. Every new 360 game I've owned post-2010 had a free trial code.

Dug

Banned
Damn, I think I might have gotten spoiled by the Gears of War wiki :\

I was looking at the front page of Gearspedia and it said this:

Do you think Marcus Fenix is a traitor?

Is that a spoiler for Gears 3 or am I just forgetting something about the general Gears plotline?

i nerini del buio said:
nope
not in italy at least
actually the game almost has no instruction manual lol, let alone free xbl...

The manual is a piece of shit and Epic should be ashamed.

But it comes with stickers, so it's all good ;)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dug said:
Damn, I think I might have gotten spoiled by the Gears of War wiki :\

I was looking at the front page of Gearspedia and it said this:

Do you think Marcus Fenix is a traitor?

Is that a spoiler for Gears 3 or am I just forgetting something about the general Gears plotline?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom