• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Just finished the Campaign - definitely was a hell of a ride from beginning to end, and I'm so glad now to not have to think about spoilers anymore, and just go to any site or video about Gears 3 that I want - hell yeah.

I'll have to do it again on my main account, but that's no thing at all. The trilogy is finally done, and now I can get to mauling people online with dedicated servers baby (well, after I beat Campaign again!)

Man I suck online. I've been so indifferent on Gears MP since the first game, didn't play Gears 2 online at all but I've given this 3rd game a shot. Played for a few hours yesterday and I sucked pretty bad, I could barely get a kill off with the shotgun close range. Any Gears vets have any tips for a newbie?

RiderKairuu said:
Man I suck online. I've been so indifferent on Gears MP since the first game, didn't play Gears 2 online at all but I've given this 3rd game a shot. Played for a few hours yesterday and I sucked pretty bad, I could barely get a kill off with the shotgun close range. Any Gears vets have any tips for a newbie?

Always be aware of your surroundings. I saw map awareness at all times may be the most important skill in NOT getting your ass kicked in Gears of War.

edit: ...might buy Team Insignia, now I feel like a douche

Lima

snack said:
There's some pretty nice skins.

They look awesome. I'm such a hypocrite. I've said that they look like ass and I will never buy them but it will all eventually come down to the point where I just buy all of them for 3600 points. Fuck my life.

Plasmid

Lima said:
They look awesome. I'm such a hypocrite. I've said that they look like ass and I will never buy them but it will all eventually come down to the point where I just buy all of them for 3600 points. Fuck my life.

don't worry me too.

Some of the skins looks nice, but the loud and animated ones are straight ridiculous.

I'd buy 3600 points worth of characters and/or character skins, but these don't seem worth it at all.

I'm hoping my store will have my copy ready tomorrow (they sold both Gears 1 and 2 a full day before it came out), but who knows. I'm hyped.

malfcn

I think the Gold Omen would look good if it was the size of the Crimson Omen. One big one is kinda of off.

I have gotten over the hate a little bit. They are skins, at least clans can spent money to coordinate?

Also, the game was delayed from April. So they made the DLC during that polish time?

Raxus

Net_Wrecker said:
Some of the skins looks nice, but the loud and animated ones are straight ridiculous.

I'd buy 3600 points worth of characters and/or character skins, but these don't seem worth it at all.
They all really do make you a big target in a crowd of dudes. You can always pick them up from other saps who bought the skins.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Raxus said:
They all really do make you a big target in a crowd of dudes. You can always pick them up from other saps who bought the skins.

Especially the one that's a giant "HEY I'M ON THE OTHER TEAM" strobe light, lol.

-PXG-

Gold Gnashy and Liquid Metal Hammy for me.

None of the DLC skins look good. Thank goodness the best ones are unlockable or given away.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Gold Gnashy and Liquid Metal Hammy for me.

None of the DLC skins look good. Thank goodness the best ones are unlockable or given away.

Onyx isn't even on that list, and I'm betting it looks awesome.

I'll have to see some of the non animated ones in game, but I'm thinking the desert camo/jungle camo may interest me. Not the other ones though. And liquid metal looks like the shit ass gold ones from Gears 2 but with animation.

Domino Theory said:
Liquid Metal is pretty boss. That's the one that comes with buying the Season Pass, correct?

Yes
Blue Ninja said:
I read the Gold weapon skins unlock if you have the Gold weapons in Gears 2, can anyone confirm or deny? :lol

They also unlock for the first week you play. So yeah. (Hammerburst/Lancer)

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
Onyx isn't even on that list, and I'm betting it looks awesome.

I'll have to see some of the non animated ones in game, but I'm thinking the desert camo/jungle camo may interest me. Not the other ones though. And liquid metal looks like the shit ass gold ones from Gears 2 but with animation.

Yes

Pro Tip

It's black

Liquid Metal looks like the textures haven't fully loaded yet. Unreal Engine failure in the palm of your hands!

edit: They show all the skins except the black one. I see how it is, Epic Games

Alienshogun said:
They also unlock for the first week you play. So yeah. (Hammerburst/Lancer)
Sweet, those are pretty much the only ones I would want. They look a lot better than the ones in Gears 2, that's for sure.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
Pro Tip

It's black

Go back and watch that youtube again, it looks like it may have a type of shine to it. You know, kind of like Onyx.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Liquid Metal looks like the textures haven't fully loaded yet. Unreal Engine failure in the palm of your hands!

That too.

Tomcat

Skilotonn said:
Just finished the Campaign - definitely was a hell of a ride from beginning to end, and I'm so glad now to not have to think about spoilers anymore, and just go to any site or video about Gears 3 that I want - hell yeah.

I'll have to do it again on my main account, but that's no thing at all. The trilogy is finally done, and now I can get to mauling people online with dedicated servers baby (well, after I beat Campaign again!)

do you believe the campaign is better than that of gow2?

Tomcat said:
do you believe the campaign is better than that of gow2?
It'd better be, I just replayed it and well... Meh. They had way too much stupid on-rails sections and stupid gimmicks. Some of those on-rails sections worked (the assault on Landown comes to mind), whereas most of them just plain old sucked.

Give me more of Gears 1, please, except for that ending battle against all those Theron Guards. That shit nearly made me break my controller on Hardcore/Insane. :lol

-PXG-

This is the first good glimpse at Big Rig Dizzy. He was discovered in a video yesterday but never got a good look at him. Theron Elite is brand new, at least to me. It's not yet known how to unlock either of them.

Savage Grenadier Elite is such a badass.

Anya (both), Dizzy (both), Bernie, Samantha, ComDom (defense force) my fave five. Yeah I cheated so what.

Dreaver

Can't freaking wait till tuesday. Really exciting. The game looks soooo good.

I also took an avatar, hope no one took it before me.

Oh and I added Gears 3 Gaf Tri. (GT=Heroic Killa).

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
So it's not just black, eh? ;)

I didn't say JUST black. I said black, which it is.

Semantics BITCH!

EDIT

Jambi really needs a tag. "Real Doll" or something along those lines.

-PXG-

panama chief said:
where the fuck is SKORGE????? :(

Tai and Skorge are going to come at a later date. If Kim and Raam made it, they will too. No one is being left behind.

Jaguar said:
In hell where he belongs.

With all the other punks who died from blunt force trauma to the head :p

RAAM iza baws

Skorge actually was my favorite skin in Gears 2, though the Savage Kantus looks at least as good. :lol

I'm glad we get to play a normal Gear this time, too. I always played with Carmine in Gears 1 and 2 because I hated playing one of the "main crew".

JambiBum

-PXG- said:
I didn't say JUST black. I said black, which it is.

Semantics BITCH!

EDIT

Jambi really needs a tag. "Real Doll" or something along those lines.
Does my avatar get to you that much? ;)

-PXG- said:
Tai and Skorge are going to come at a later date. If Kim and Raam made it, they will too. No one is being left behind.

figures. the guy i like killing as will be DLC. im glad the game has so many character and skins. hopefully we see more mutators. this is the last hurrah. i want so much content i never even think about gears 1 or 2 ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom