• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net_Wrecker said:
I still say Epic messed up by not having a potential "Samus reveal" moment with one of the Carmine siblings turning out to be a woman :O

Saving that for the sequel, Deborah Carmine

Goyta ask, you think Social will have dedicated servers? I'm just so scared from Gears of War 2, man...we need a support group.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Saving that for the sequel, Deborah Carmine

Goyta ask, you think Social will have dedicated servers? I'm just so scared from Gears of War 2, man...we need a support group.

I'm pretty sure EPIC stated Ranked and Social would have dedicated servers. Custom matches would be P2P

cacophony

$45 for some skins? Are they serious?

I'm still really on the fence about this. The $20 Amazon GC might put me over. It just looks so much like the first 2, not that that's a bad thing but it just may get older quick.

-PXG-

JambiBum said:
Nope. Luckily even though I got screwed over I still have my fwb's for situations like this.

Although I wouldn't mind having a tag.

You don't want a tag. Asking for one will get you a bad one.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Tomcat said:
do you believe the campaign is better than that of gow2?

It sure is - not to get too deep into it, it's just as Epic described it in interviews - it's all about survival, and they definitely improved the story-telling and the flow of how you got to each place is nicely done.

And if you love the characters, you're going to love the campaign even more, the chemistry is great between characters.

-PXG- said:

Savage Grenadier Elite looking like a badass Ninja Turtle, Savage Kantus looking like a tribal witch doctor - I'm real happy having them both.

Big Rig Dizzy with the straw in his mouth - I love it.

What's the story behind your tag, PXG? If you don't mind me asking. :p

Cyclops is indeed in the game, he's an enemy in Horde 2.0. I'm gutted too, I mained him in Gears 2 from the very beginning... :(

Seth Balmore said:
What's the story behind your tag, PXG? If you don't mind me asking. :p

That was where my "I don't believe you" line was going. It was a joke, I'm a joker, I crack wise with incessant banter for social acceptance, its kinda my thing.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
That was where my "I don't believe you" line was going. It was a joke, I'm a joker, I crack wise with incessant banter for social acceptance, its kinda my thing.
You'd make a popular main character for a videogame nowadays.

-PXG-

Satchel said:
Found out yesterday anyone who pre-ordered from ozgameshop.com got their copy shipped on Thursday.

FUCK!!!!

24ynw9e.gif

Get that shit at the sto mang.

ShaneB

Seeing 900 people playing Team Deathmatch vs 110 people playing Warzone/Execution makes me realize Epic made a smart choice putting it in, it's definitely not my cup of tea, but if more people are playing Gears, well that's super.

-PXG-

ShaneB said:
Seeing 900 people playing Team Deathmatch vs 110 people playing Warzone/Execution makes me realize Epic made a smart choice putting it in, it's definitely not my cup of tea, but if more people are playing Gears, well that's super.

Again, it ain't Tuesday yet....

CliffyB

Playah
ShaneB said:

WZ and Execution are great but in this ADD world relying on main gametypes where you die and are out for 2-3 minutes can be a risk. Hell, max respawn time in Gears is like 15 seconds and even then I still peek at twitter. :eek:

Counterstrike somehow pulls it off, however. ::shrug::

Ya know, I used to give a damn about K/D ratio, but people take my kills all the time, and I don't want to be one of those assholes screaming the mic "DOOD STOP STEALING MY KILL ARGH SERIOUS BUSINESS". As long as I get my points, we good

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
I'm confident TDM will be the new "main" mode.

Most likely, mainly because it's new and people will want to play without having to sit out. But a lot of people will still play the classic modes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
lol

Alien, you better watch what you say or else...oh...

Lol, they just couldn't handle my baller ass swagger.

-PXG- said:
Most likely, mainly because it's new and people will want to play without having to sit out. But a lot of people will still play the classic modes.

Yeah, I like it because it give me a constant buffet of kills. ;)

DaNcaKe

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Ya know, I used to give a damn about K/D ratio, but people take my kills all the time, and I don't want to be one of those assholes screaming the mic "DOOD STOP STEALING MY KILL ARGH SERIOUS BUSINESS". As long as I get my points, we good
Yup. Only thing I "care" about leaderboards wise is my W/L ratio and points per match.

Reppin' dat 2+ k/d though.

Willeth

Just had an idea for an event, although it'd probably take a patch to make it work. For a week, Epic runs with an exclusive Lambent weapon skin. If you pick one of their weapons up and get a kill with it, it unlocks for you, and then spreads the same way.

-PXG-

CliffyB said:
WZ and Execution are great but in this ADD world relying on main gametypes where you die and are out for 2-3 minutes can be a risk. Hell, max respawn time in Gears is like 15 seconds and even then I still peek at twitter. :eek:

Counterstrike somehow pulls it off, however. ::shrug::

You're enabling bad habits :mad:

Also, get an avatar, I tend to miss your posts because you don't have one.

I can make you one....

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
You're enabling bad habits :mad:

Also, get an avatar, I tend to miss your posts because you don't have one.

I can make you one....

Make a buffet of avatars, then charge him 240 GAF points for static and 360 GAF points for animated, Epic Edition for the whole set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom