• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballistik

I like that Savage Kantus looks so radically different from all the other locusts, but I don't know if I'll ever roll with that character. The skin Team Pulse, and Team Metal though, those will be mine.

I'll repeat myself again, I NEED that Xbox green skin. Just any skin that's green really, I see no other one.

-PXG-

Alienshogun said:
Make a buffet of avatars, then charge him 240 GAF points for static and 360 GAF points for animated, Epic Edition for the whole set.

GAF points? He should pay me for making the beta thread and this one. Shit :p

Show me some love. Don't make me come up to NYC tomorrow. I seriously might...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ballistik said:
I like that Savage Kantus looks so radically different from all the other locusts, but I don't know if I'll ever roll with that character. The skin Pulse, and Team Metal though, those will be mine.

I'll repeat myself again, I NEED that Xbox green skin. Just any skin that's green really, I see no other one.

Jungle digital is green, and tribal is "kinda" green.

Ballistik

Alienshogun said:
Jungle digital is green, and tribal is "kinda" green.
I'll probably settle for those if I can't get the green one. :/

CliffyB said:
Weird. I had the bunny pic for years and it vanished...

The forum decided to host all avatars internally, so all avatars were removed. Just upload it again from user CP.

-PXG-

CliffyB said:

Evilore made it so avatars are hosted internally, not externally. Just upload it again and you're good. No animated gifs. Static images only. Nothing more than 150kb or more than 100x120 pixels :)

Plasmid

CliffyB said:

cliffyb_rabbit.thumb.jpg

it's still on your site it's just too big for the forum, i'm sure you can resize it in This thread [Forum Avatar Request Thread]

Or someone here might be able to do it!

Volimar

I woke up today with a cold so tomorrow night at gamestop I'll be spreading the germs to dozens of gamers who will then have all the excuse they need to use up some sick days.

You're welcome.

Volimar

Kydd BlaZe said:
So does everybody have their 4 Player co-op midnight squads yet? PXG, if you've got space available let me know.

People are saying it's pretty easy, even on hardcore with 3-4 players. I think my first run through is just going to be me and my brother on splitscreen.

snack

Untracked said:
Just got spoiled from a Youtube comment. FUCK!

One day left to go, I was doing so well :(
I feel ya' bro. Same thing happened to me last week. It hurts, but what can you do...

The Internetz is evil.

Grisby

Volimar said:
I woke up today with a cold so tomorrow night at gamestop I'll be spreading the germs to dozens of gamers who will then have all the excuse they need to use up some sick days.

You're welcome.

4ncmk.jpg

Volimar said:
People are saying it's pretty easy, even on hardcore with 3-4 players. I think my first run through is just going to be me and my brother on splitscreen.

That's how me and my brother did waaaay back on Christmas 2006, and that's how we're gonna finish it this year.

BROTHERS TO THE END

Kydd BlaZe

Volimar said:
Oh ok, I can dig it.

I think there is an achievement for beating the game in 4 Player co-op though, so I'm looking for a crew to roll with.

Volimar

Plasmid said:
I love that NeoGaf gets cliffyb.

Epic forums gets SPOILERS OUT THE ASS IN RANDOM THREADS.

I've had 3 things spoiled for me about the campaign. Two of them were from the official forums, and one of them was from the Q&A stream chat....

Untracked

snack said:
I feel ya' bro. Same thing happened to me last week. It hurts, but what can you do...

The Internetz is evil.
I'm hoping it was just some troll typing any old random shit lol.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow! So hyped.

Messi

Ha awesome, I didn't know cliffyb posted here.

Anyways, hope everyone enjoys the game when they get their hands on it :)

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Volimar said:
I've had 3 things spoiled for me about the campaign. Two of them were from the official forums, and one of them was from the Q&A stream chat....
I just had something spoiled for me on the friggin Xbox dashboard. "Making of Gears: Crescendo". Wtf Epic.

ShaneB

CliffyB said:
WZ and Execution are great but in this ADD world relying on main gametypes where you die and are out for 2-3 minutes can be a risk. Hell, max respawn time in Gears is like 15 seconds and even then I still peek at twitter. :eek:

Counterstrike somehow pulls it off, however. ::shrug::

I dig TDM in other games, but with everything Gears, it just felt much more suited to the 1 life round mechanic. That's where I'll be spending my time.

And CliffyB, this campaign is non-stop. This one definitely goes to 11.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Represent. said:
I just had something spoiled for me on the friggin Xbox dashboard. "Making of Gears: Crescendo". Wtf Epic.

lol.

See PXG, this is why I spoilered that crap when I was talking about horde, guys like this guy.

Messi

General rule of thumb is if you stay in the GAF bubble you will be fine, but if you do need to venture outside of gaf for the love of all that is sacred stay away from youtube and official forums. its a bad idea.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Messi said:
General rule of thumb is if you stay in the GAF bubble you will be fine, but if you do need to venture outside of gaf for the love of all that is sacred stay away from youtube and official forums. its a bad idea.

Yeah, because if you spoil on purpose your ass gets permabanned and getting an account here is not an instant thing.

-PXG-

Kydd BlaZe said:
So does everybody have their 4 Player co-op midnight squads yet? PXG, if you've got space available let me know.

I was roll solo for campaign. But you know you're ALWAYS welcome to join me for MP.

Don't try to be funny and have your girl play in your place.

Volimar

To the people that have played already assuming you have a lot of unlocks:

How do the unlock messages come up on the screen when you first start up? One or two at a time or are we blessed with a screen full of unlocks? That'd be pretty sweet.

Willeth

Volimar said:
To the people that have played already assuming you have a lot of unlocks:

How do the unlock messages come up on the screen when you first start up? One or two at a time or are we blessed with a screen full of unlocks? That'd be pretty sweet.
Three at a time. They roll in, then get replaced by more, then roll more in. It takes a while. Unfortunately the end-of-match ones take up the same space and are covered by the achievement popup.

CliffyB said:
Counterstrike somehow pulls it off, however. ::shrug::

if it's like that in the new Counterstrike game, it'll be a point of criticism for reviewers, for sure. If not, it'll be sugar coated in some way to ease people into the idea.

i like having one life, but i'll be practicing in TDM first because my KD ratio is like .1/1 in shooters.

-PXG-

Dom has a beard in this game. OH SHIT SPOILER.

Christ...If you don't want anything spoiled, just avoid any Gears 3 topics. I'm not going to spoiler tag every little thing, especially stuff that was officially announced by Epic.

Kydd BlaZe

-PXG- said:
I was roll solo for campaign. But you know you're ALWAYS welcome to join me for MP.

Don't try to be funny and have your girl play in your place.
LOL I tried to play a little bit of Gears 1 co-op with her, but she apparently hates Gears of War :\ so I don't that'll be a problem bro, lol.

-PXG-

Kydd BlaZe said:
LOL I tried to play a little bit of Gears 1 co-op with her, but she apparently hates Gears of War :\ so I don't that'll be a problem bro, lol.

My ex actually liked it. Too bad she ain't around no more...fuck...

Well, more time for Gears :)
:(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-PXG- said:
My ex actually liked it. Too bad she ain't around no more...fuck...

Well, more time for Gears :)
:(

My wife knows the next two weeks are "leave me the fuck alone time."

It's going to be glorious.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Messi said:
I normally follow that rule, but I thought I was safe on the fucking Xbox dashboard.

Btw I just pre-ordered the game today in some measly old mall. The dude said the store had over 300 pre-orders :| Game is gonna be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom