• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

Seth Balmore said:
Your guess is as good as mine.

So golden skins are randomly unlocking, payable skins are going for free on the Marketplace, invisible events going on.

In the words of Cole, that's some crazy shit, boy.
The gold unlocks are the golden wings army event from the 20-26th. Those games = played during an event = adding to the overall count.

That's my guess.

Lima

Seth Balmore said:
Your guess is as good as mine.

So golden skins are randomly unlocking, payable skins are going for free on the Marketplace, invisible events going on.

In the words of Cole, that's some crazy shit, boy.

And here you thought they wouldn't fuck up the launch this time...

LEGGZZZZ

Teknoman said:
Ugh MS still investigating my account. Guess i'll try to log into a family member account to get the title update. Going to suck having to stay offline during Gears launch week :(

Campaign is fantastic, and fairly beefy as well.

Genesis Knight said:
For the new page -

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ated-Set/ed6f1358-55db-4421-98d7-0f148f1aa7ad

The HAZE skins are currently free. Grab 'em while you can!

I'm at work and virtually everything but NeoGAF is blocked. The site is being a bitch via Safari on my iPhone. It just keeps looping me to the start page. I tried the mobile version of the site and it's not finished yet so it just redirects me to the desktop version when I attempt to sign in. I got signed in at one point and got all the way to the purchase confirmation and then after confirming it sent me to the mobile start page.

FUCK IT.

Plasmid

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:
I'm at work and virtually everything but NeoGAF is blocked. The site is being a bitch via Safari on my iPhone. It just keeps looping me to the start page. I tried the mobile version of the site and it's not finished yet so it just redirects me to the desktop version when I attempt to sign in. I got signed in at one point and got all the way to the purchase confirmation and then after confirming it sent me to the mobile start page.

FUCK IT.
Keep trying, it did it to me too.

Just keep going at it log in and search haze, it will eventually let you add it to your queue.

Just finished another game and unlocked Golden Gear. HAHAHA?

EDIT: This can't be right. I got 4 "participate in a Gears event" points from 1 game, then the remaining point when I finished the next.

You'd think participating in 1 event = 1 point, no matter how many games you play during that event. Something's sketchy here.

LEGGZZZZ

ShaneB said:
Yeah, you're echoing my exact thoughts from my impressions earlier. The rest of the game felt fairly easy on Harcore, right up until the final boss fight, which took a few tries and seem like such a big spike in difficulty.

I had to change to difficulty to normal just to finish it, was crazy difficult.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ROBOKITTYZILLA said:

FUCK IT.
Having this problem and have had the same problem in the past. Xbox.com is a bitch with phones, everytime you sign in, it doesn't actually sign in.

Anyone know a workaround?

pr0cs

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:

FUCK IT.
same here regarding the draconian firewall bullshit from work.

thankfully I didn't have any problems adding the skins to my queue via my phone, but I don't have an iPhone

ROBOKITTYZILLA said:

FUCK IT.
I had that issue too. Xbox.com & mobile Safari don't work well with each other. Just keep reloading and eventually the desktop site will load correctly and you can get the skins added to your download queue & purchase history.

Also, thanks for the tip on the skins!

I plan to roll with Chrome skins, those are tight AND free. And once I unlock "Golden Gear", he'll me my MP & Horde main.

AkuMifune

Banned
XxCGSxX said:
I'm at my university in Physics class and I can't stop thinking about Gears, I can't wait any longer. Help me gaf :'(

Consider the ramifications a Lambent Leviathan would have on the local gravity well.

Thanks, got the skins as well. I hope the GAF community for this is active. Seems like for other games, everyone thats on the GAF 360 tag may be playing it, but not together. And thats cool, just Im on the GAF tag because my friends arent into this and I dont want to play with pubs. Id love to roll with some GAFers, maybe even get a regular group going, although Im horrible at this game as I was told during my only match during the beta period.

DRE Fei

Thanks for the heads up on the skins! I think this is a brilliant move for them to make that one free. Season pass skins are great too.

Volimar

Man, the controller that came with my brand new 360 is starting to stick for a moment when I pull the left stick to the left. Dammit.

Gowans007 said:
What donthese Haze skins look like anyway?

It's in the OP

Volimar said:
Man, the controller that came with my brand new 360 is starting to stick for a moment when I pull the left stick to the left. Dammit.

Two of the last three controllers had that happen. One of which was the one that came with my slim.

Sucks that tomorrow is my late day at work. Would love to dig into the multiplayer all day.

Teknoman

LEGGZZZZ said:
Campaign is fantastic, and fairly beefy as well.

Dont get me wrong, I always have tons of fun with Gears campaign/story, but it kinda throws off my normal cycle of playing campaign launch day, and then alternating between SP and MP the days afterward :p

Vire

For the Gold Gnasher - can you get it by just playing the first week? Or do you need the Veteran Gears achievement as well?

Headhunter

Neo Member
Got my Haze skin, thx for the hint!

Still no TU on my side (got the german version) Used an US account, and a german and US IP address (via VPN) nothing works. I am pretty sure, the german version has it's own title ID which is different from the international version, and the TU is not released for this ID. Just a hunch :p

zaidr

"Sorry
An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later."

Haze skins still free, but it doesn't work?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After miiinutes of frustration, got it added to download queue. What a mobile-unfriendly site, not even because of silverlight either.

Thank you to whomever posted it.

Headhunter said:
Just did it, 5 minutes ago. MS is on it :)

vader.jpg

Xamdou

Vire said:
Ah bummer, I'm level 100 but I don't have the Snowblind maps.

Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

Np. I really wanted the gold shotgun as well but I am 38 lvls too short of 100 and didn't want to spend anymore more time playing gears 2 mp even with the 25 exp bonuses.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Xamdou said:
You need Veteran Gears achievement.
Well, shit. Here I was stressed to get this the first week and play to get this or else I'll be locked out.. Nevermind then I guess, no rush.

zaidr

Xamdou said:
Np. I really wanted the gold shotgun as well but I am 38 lvls too short of 100 and didn't want to spend anymore more time playing gears 2 mp even with the 25 exp bonuses.

Same here...I went back to playing Gears 1 MP. Still...functional. Mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom