• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loam

Smision said:
the Haze skin isn't working for me. Keep getting "Sorry - error occurred" tried a ton of times with Safari, FF, and Chrome (all on mac)

I'm getting the same error on my end.

Zeth

Is it ok that my amazon order says shipping soon? They're stuff usually gets here super super fast but I'm getting nervous as the day goes on. If it ships before the end of the day I think I'll be ok.

Wren said:
I'm getting the same error on my end.
I envision MS marketplace administrators furiously working to correct this "issue" and deny as many people from getting away with 240 MSP/ $3 USD of "premium" content for free.

DarkChronic said:
I'm getting the error as well. Looks like we might have missed it.

yep, seems dead.

Preorder canceled!

wait, i just bought the season pass, damn!

Preorder dis-canceled!

Reluctant-Hero said:
I envision MS marketplace administrators furiously working to correct this "issue" and deny as many people from getting away with 240 MSP/ $3 USD of "premium" content for free.

I was picturing CliffyB reading this thread, then frantically calling MS about the money leak

The War Supporter thing keeps happening to me. Now I've went from 5/10 to 9/10 in one quick match of TDM.

Oh, and host migration right after that. Aw jeez...

EDIT: Unlocked War Supporter medal rank 2... at this rate I'll Onyx it without intending to. :/

Zeth said:
Is it ok that my amazon order says shipping soon? They're stuff usually gets here super super fast but I'm getting nervous as the day goes on. If it ships before the end of the day I think I'll be ok.
On big title release days, Amazon usually will show your order "shipping soon" well into the evening because their system can't keep up with the amount of overnight packages they're shipping out.

I've had that happen countless times, then I'll receive the tracking number at like 11:00 PM when my fame actually shipped at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Zodzilla

Sorry to pester, didn't want to go through too many pages and spoil myself, but does anybody know if this will work as 4 player co-op via system link with two tv's (split screen two player on both screens)?

I'm trying to figure out if I should plan a gaming night around this. I'm pretty sure I've at least gotten 4 player horde mode to work with GoW2.

Thanks, yo.

Is it sad that I may actually want to buy some of the Weapon Skins?

Zodzilla said:
Sorry to pester, didn't want to go through too many pages and spoil myself, but does anybody know if this will work as 4 player co-op via system link with two tv's (split screen two player on both screens)?

I'm trying to figure out if I should plan a gaming night around this. I'm pretty sure I've at least gotten 4 player horde mode to work with GoW2.

Thanks, yo.

Of course you can! :)

Smision said:
I was picturing CliffyB reading this thread, then frantically calling MS about the money leak
I'd like to think that he doesn't even trip off this premium skin nonsense. He's too busy counting the thousands (millions?) he makes off of his share of Unreal Engine licensing royalties.

Lima

B-Dex said:
I wouldn't really be complaining about any online issues since the game isn't officially out yet anyways.....

Stop saying that. Just stop.

There will be issues and glitches all over the place once more people get this. If you think it is bad right now, wait till people are storming the servers.

I bet money that the dedicated severs will go down tomorrow. And then they will tell you that they didn't expect that so many people will buy their damn game.

abracadaver

tu167ux.jpg

hope it doesnt take too long. I want to play

Oh man, It's my friend's birthday tomorrow. Dude's a Gears head too. I'm photoshopping a card with his likeness superimposed over Marcus' body.

Xamdou

Pre-ordered at Bestbuy for Midnight Release: Check
Gears 3 Controller: Check
Infected Omen Skin Pack: Check
All Gears 3 Beta Bonus Goodies: Check
Griffin Skin: Check
Haze weapon skins: Check
Season Pass: Check

All set :)!

Xamdou

2th said:
I find most of them underwhelming honestly. I may get a few here and there but I certainly won't be spending $45 on them all.

Yea your right though, some aren't great. I'll just get the ones I want. Epic for sure will release more weapon skins down the road for us gears heads to purchase.

Headhunter

Neo Member
Xamdou said:
Pre-ordered at Bestbuy for Midnight Release: Check
Gears 3 Controller: Check
Infected Omen Skin Pack: Check
All Gears 3 Beta Bonus Goodies: Check
Griffin Skin: Check
Haze weapon skins: Check
Season Pass: Check

All set :)!

I need more MS points: Check

:p

FrankT

Lima said:
Stop saying that. Just stop.

There will be issues and glitches all over the place once more people get this. If you think it is bad right now, wait till people are storming the servers.

I bet money that the dedicated severs will go down tomorrow. And then they will tell you that they didn't expect that so many people will buy their damn game.

Servers are up day 1?

Willeth

Ironic that I missed out on the Haze skin rush because I was playing the campaign. Oh well - doubt I'd have used them anyway.

Everyone get your B.O. gas masks ready for the gamestop midnight launch!

thinking of buying a black leather jacket and clip-on greasy ponytail so I can fit in.

Smision said:

thinking of buying a black leather jacket and clip-on greasy ponytail so I can fit in.

Also, do some heavy cardio in a sweat-suit beforehand to get that authentic B.O smell.

Dax01 said:
My LE copy shipped from Amazon! I'll be lucky if I can get in one or two games.

When did you order the LE from Amazon? They're like all out now! :(

-PXG-

Smision said:
yep, seems dead.

Preorder canceled!

wait, i just bought the season pass, damn!

Preorder dis-canceled!

rip_cliffy_b.jpg

DRE Fei

Zeth said:
Amazon told me it would ship tomorrow (20th), so I cancelled my order and found a copy a few minutes away from my house today. No savage kantus for me :( but the game is SWEET!

Smision said:
Cardio? I just rub some cloves of garlic under my arms. 9 out of 10 girls can't tell the difference!

That's true! Didn't think of that. Your idea is better.

In other news, I guess I'll be getting the Gears 3 LE Console on Friday (Gift from my Bro)!

Dax01 said:
I think I changed my order status from regular to limited last...Wednesday? Or Tuesday. Early last week.

Hope that changes for you soon! :)
My SE order is in "shipping soon" status and the LE has yet to change. But I'm confident that Amazin will come through tomorrow. They haven't failed me yet with RDD over the last two years.

h3ro

If you were able to add the Haze pack to your queue but unable to get to the console to d/l it, you should still be good to go, correct?

J-P

Neo Member
Smision said:

Oh man, so true. Just to avoid this AND the long wait, i'll be going to wal-mart to pick up my copy. I can use my $5.00 pre-order at gamestop towards something else, during regular hours.

Smision said:

I'm getting it delivered to my door.

Smision said:

I went to the Gamestop midnight launch for Halo Reach last year as I had bought the LE console. Oh god, the horrible odors coming from some of those kids. Absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom