• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamMPSP

ShaneB said:
Yeah, you're echoing my exact thoughts from my impressions earlier. The rest of the game felt fairly easy on Harcore, right up until the final boss fight, which took a few tries and seem like such a big spike in difficulty.

I didn't die once on the last boss fight, although I had trouble throughout the game. I was playing on hardcore too. My AI teammates were just really good at reviving me every time I went down, I guess, and I'm really good at hiding behind junk.

Jrmint

Makes me so mad when things get priced that put you under the MS Point "thresholds".

For example, a while back I bought something that put me at 790 MS Points.

So now I want to get the Season Pass and I'll have to buy 2400, instead of being able to buy 1600. I'd be happy to even buy 1610, but of course that's not an option.

I know this is old fucking news, but it just really rears its ugly head in circumstances like this.

In other news, has anyone gotten their Mechanic Baird code yet? Anyone know if it'll be emailed, on the receipt, or in the box?

-PXG-

Skyllus said:
The SOS no longer downs after downloading TU1, which is already out. When L-Triggering, the reticlue won't show the width of the area being aimed at either, just the dot. So that's no longer misleading as to what will be hit

ph3LK.gif

Quinn Delhoyo redeemed.

Now fix the spread

Ballistik

So we all know it's possible to switch guns with teammates. If I have a skin for my lancer, couldn't I give it / or receive a skin at the beginning of every round? Say I'm bored with mine..

ShaneB

-PXG- said:
They added reviving on solo Hardcore? I thought that was only on Casual and Normal...

I thought you knew everything ;)

But yeah, reviving is in solo Hardcore, which in turn adds to the easiness. I don't even know if there's a limit either, since some battles it seemed like I'd be getting downed constantly.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jrmint said:
Makes me so mad when things get priced that put you under the MS Point "thresholds".

For example, a while back I bought something that put me at 790 MS Points.

So now I want to get the Season Pass and I'll have to buy 2400, instead of being able to buy 1600. I'd be happy to even buy 1610, but of course that's not an option.

I know this is old fucking news, but it just really rears its ugly head in circumstances like this.

In other news, has anyone gotten their Mechanic Baird code yet? Anyone know if it'll be emailed, on the receipt, or in the box?
2x800 = 1600, no?

Plasmid

I'm gonna buy the entire pack for 3600

and then every other one for 240 and 320

BECAUSE I LOVE EPIC.

lol

i'm so bored waiting another 7 hours for this game :(.

-PXG-

I'm heading out in a bout 45 minutes to go out to dinner and then watch some MNF. After that, Gears 3 midnight launch baby!

-PXG-

Started my last ever Gears 2 session. Can't believe this is it. No more Gears 2.

FREE AT LEAST! FREE AT LEAST. THANK GOD ALMIGHTY! I'M FREE AT LAST!

Haha, your excitement is contagious even though I've already had the game for a while now. Still, it's nice. To everyone who's getting the game tonight, enjoy yourselves dudes. :)

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
Started my last ever Gears 2 session. Can't believe this is it. No more Gears 2.

FREE AT LEAST! FREE AT LEAST. THANK GOD ALMIGHTY! I'M FREE AT LAST!
Big ol' smile on your face when you shut off the game for the last time.

cresto

Just realized the best buy I preordered my game from doesn't plan to be open at midnight. Does anyone know if I can go to other BB's near by that have an open night deal with my reciept and get the game? If I can, will that effect my 5 preorders, get $100 back deal I signed up for at the original BB?

Sorry, hopefully that's not too confusing and you can help me out. Would greatly appreciate it!

JDeluis

ergo said:
Just realized the best buy I preordered my game from doesn't plan to be open at midnight. Does anyone know if I can go to other BB's near by that have an open night deal with my reciept and get the game? If I can, will that effect my 5 preorders, get $100 back deal I signed up for at the original BB?

Sorry, hopefully that's not too confusing and you can help me out. Would greatly appreciate it!

If you really want the game at midnight:

Go to a Best Buy opening at midnight and purchase the game. The following day pickup your preorder. Return the game you purchased at midnight the following day.

h3ro

Superimposer said:
Pretty much infinite since the variable cost is zero.

Pretty much. I'm sure we'll see a chart justifying the further locking away of content in a few months, coinciding with the next $45 of skins.

Hell, we might even be blessed to get a Double Rainbow skin!

cresto

JDeluis said:
If you really want the game at midnight:

Go to a Best Buy opening at midnight and purchase the game. The following day pickup your preorder. Return the game you purchased at midnight the following day.
So I would have to return the game to the store where I picked it up at midnight?

Zeth said:
Preordered late and my amazon order hasn't shipped, could I have possibly missed the first round?
I'm kind in the same boat. My SE that I ordered in March just shipped. But the LE I ordered on Saturday hasn't even begun to process.

At least I'll definitely have some form of the game tomorrow.

I'll ask this again since I haven't really found an answer. When you buy the GameStop exclusive Retro Lancer (the real life full sized one) and the game at GameStop don't you get a discount of some sort? Like you save money on the Lancer?

ShogunX

Have to say with the new changes to the game the Execution game type is nowhere near as intriguing as it has been in previous games. The first and most obvious thing effecting it is the shorter round count but team that up with people hiding and corner camping with the sawn off shotgun and it all leaves a pretty bad taste.

Sad to say it but for now TDM is most definitely where it's at.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Nobody should be bitching about the SOS anymore.

people will bitch anyway

I dont use the SOS but the drawback to missing is pretty significant. Even with the weird spread I'm ok with it. I imagine after getting killed by people not looking or aiming at me i'll probably change my mind.

JDeluis

ergo said:
So I would have to return the game to the store where I picked it up at midnight?

No. You can return it to any Best Buy store. Just remember to return it with the receipt from the midnight launch.

cresto

Welp, it doesn't matter. Bestbuy is only giving those who preordered from that specific store the game. Fuck you best buy. Damn I couldn't resist the 5 preorders, get $100 (even if it is in rewards "money")

-PXG-

CliffyB said:
Yeaaah never liked that one much...

Hahahaha. And yet you allowed it to be in the game.

Kind of fitting how the my last map was Stasis. Jesus....

I didn't even bother to finish it. Oh well. Good riddance Gears of War 2. You will never be put in my 360 EVER again.

Next time you see my on Live, I'll be home, in Gears 3, where I belong. Gonna go out to dinner and head to a friend's house. I might post from my mobile.

Cliff, I'd love to play with you and Epic in 3. Can you AT LEAST grant me that wish?

Anywa, I'm out ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom