• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballistik said:
Or Way Station.. or Underhill.. or Grindyard.

15F9M.jpg

Plasmid

CliffyB said:
Yeaaah never liked that one much...

CliffyB taking time out of his day on the eve of an amazing game launch to post on GAF.

how blessed we be.

I also retired my gears 2, never got my wings, but i could care less. I'm hoping i never have to put gears 2 back in my xbox.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
CyReN said:
With every passing hours more and more players are using the random Sawed-Off Shotgun..

Everyone's using it now, to the extent where it forces you to use it so that you don't get raped in a close-quarters fight... a vicious cycle indeed. But I fucking love it so I can't complain

Playing the campaign; it's a slow start, but when it starts picking up, damn.

And it is a true visual marvel. Kudos, Epic. In some places is up there with Uncharted 2, which is an incredible achievement by itself.

Superimposer

metareferential said:
Playing the campaign; it's a slow start, but when it starts picking up, damn.

And it is a true visual marvel. Kudos, Epic. In some places is up there with Uncharted 2, which is an incredible achievement by itself.

I loved the start. Real atmosphere setter. Something about it made me think that they really took cues from Half Life.

Since I had to get me another controller, I decided to pick up the Gears 3 LE controller

Got 5 free weapon skins (Infected Omen) with purchase. Pretty cool

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
I actually had to buy two copies because GameStop is going to take too long, and Amazon had that 20.00 credit thing.

Plasmid

Wow, lotta people on epic forums saying that the LAUNCH COLLECTION (3600) includes the Infected Omen (IO) skins.

This is getting ridiculous.

Plasmid said:
Wow, lotta people on epic forums saying that the LAUNCH COLLECTION (3600) includes the Infected Omen (IO) skins.

This is getting ridiculous.
Ridiculous because the IO skins are included in the bundle? Or ridiculous that so many people on that forum have bought the bundle?

JohngPR

Would anyone want to trade their Commando Dom skin for my Savage Kantu skin?

I don't have it yet because Amazon hasn't shipped my order, but I'll have the code soon enough. Just wanted to gauge interest ahead of time. PM me if you're interested.

RedStep

Anybody else order the Epic Edition / Retro Lancer bundle from gamestop.com?

It can't pull up status on it (I assume because the product was pulled), so I'm getting a bit worried... I just get the "Oops" screen when I click it.

Before I go through the nightmare of calling them, I'm hoping somebody else is having the same problem. If so, we're probably fine.

JohngPR said:
Would anyone want to trade their Commando Dom skin for my Savage Kantu skin?

I don't have it yet because Amazon hasn't shipped my order, but I'll have the code soon enough. Just wanted to gauge interest ahead of time. PM me if you're interested.
PM'd.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Gears of War 3 midnight launch at Gamestop is tonight, obviously, and they say that they're having "giveaways". Now, barring the big NY, LA, etc. launches, what kind of prizes can one expect from just a regular store?

Plasmid

RatskyWatsky said:
The Gears of War 3 midnight launch at Gamestop is tonight, obviously, and they say that they're having "giveaways". Now, barring the big NY, LA, etc. launches, what kind of prizes can one expect from just a regular store?

Mines giving away a limited edition console for whomever wins a tournament.

DaNcaKe

The Xtortionist said:
Yep, alongside River, Blood Drive, Jacinto and Clocktower.
Not a fan of river either but Jacinto is a quality map and the others are decent.

One gripe i have about retail is that coming from the beta there is only 5 new maps (not including Gridlock for obvious reasons).

Can only hope that the remakes are a free pack so that everyone gets them to add some variety but after seeing the weapon skins pricing I'd say no chance.

MidnightCowboy said:
Clocktower is awesome. I wish they'd remake Mausoleum, that was my favorite map from Gears 1.
Mausoleum was pretty good. I wouldn't mind that one at all. It sure would have been a lot better than Day One.

Superimposer

ZROCOOL said:
Getting my last rounds of gears 2 with 3 hrs of sleep

You still up for trading Adam Fenix for Mechanic Baird? I've got my code now, I don't really mind either way at all so you won't be disappointing me if you say no!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I might pick up an extra Savage Kantus and a Savage Grenadier Elite code tomorrow when I pick up my Limited Edition - anyone willing to trade one for a Commando Dom and the other for a Mechanic Baird let me know - I do want both characters so it'll have to be a compromise between the three of us...

Superimposer

Jrmint said:
Best Buy, I'm not sure if it's going to be emailed or in the actual game box.

Mine was on the website, for what it's worth. There was a special section when reviewing my orders.

cresto

Ballistik said:
So Yeah, Gears 3 is #1 in pre-orders. 1.9 Million, almost 2. Cliff tweeted it.

And I just got my e-mail saying it shipped!
Where did you preorder from? Amazon? So you'll have to chill at home, get the game, probably play a game or two, then drive out to school and unpack? Damn...Looong day is right.

How far of a drive you got?

Skilotonn said:
I might pick up an extra Savage Kantus and a Savage Grenadier Elite code tomorrow when I pick up my Limited Edition - anyone willing to trade one for a Commando Dom and the other for a Mechanic Baird let me know - I do want both characters so it'll have to be a compromise between the three of us...

All I have is this Charizard and foil Scyther.

Superimposer

What were the pre-order numbers for Gears 1 and 2?

Also, sorry to do this here but since I'm already posting I don't want to waste an extra post... how does one do that thing where you check the people who post the most in a thread? I've totally forgotten.

h3ro

Superimposer said:

Also, sorry to do this here but since I'm already posting I don't want to waste an extra post... how does one do that thing where you check the people who post the most in a thread? I've totally forgotten.

Click on the number of posts made in the thread in the forum listing.

Superimposer said:

Click the number of posts from the forum list page.

Ballistik

ergo said:
Where did you preorder from? Amazon? So you'll have to chill at home, get the game, probably play a game or two, then drive out to school and unpack? Damn...Looong day is right.

How far of a drive you got?
Yeah Amazon. Shipping it to school.

I'm chilling at home today. Waking up tomorrow, loading the car, taking off at 9am. Three hour drive, check in, unpack, and crossing my fingers they're handling mail tomorrow. (With all the people checking in, I'm worried they'll be too busy or something.)

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Superimposer said:
You still up for trading Adam Fenix for Mechanic Baird? I've got my code now, I don't really mind either way at all so you won't be disappointing me if you say no!
Yeah, but one question. Region lock? US here

Ashes

Banned
Ballistik said:
So Yeah, Gears 3 is #1 in pre-orders. 1.9 Million, almost 2. Cliff tweeted it.

And I just got my e-mail saying it shipped!

In america?

Fifa could probably better that in Europe.

Skilotonn said:

I might be up for a trade. but i wont know if im getting two mechbairds until both my orders are shipped to me. i should know by noon PST tomorrow

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Mausoleum is my fav. map from the entire franchise. It was a *little* big for 4v4 but it would be perfect for the new 5v5, slightly faster Gears3 feeling.

WANT.

Ballistik

Ashes1396 said:
In america?

Fifa could probably better that in Europe.
Oh haha yeah I believe so, should of said that.

Says in the article that it's just shy of the Halo Reach preorder numbers, which was 2 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom