• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm. Amazon just shipped mine. You people worrying about it (and cancelling!) be crazy. Amazon always ships the night before, and they always show up the next day.

Dug

Banned
I've been thinking about it, and it seems like the Season Pass is worth it. Anyone have any in-game videos of the liquid metal skin?

EDIT: Found one. Doesn't look bad at all.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Genesis Knight said:
Mmm. Amazon just shipped mine. You people worrying about it (and cancelling!) be crazy. Amazon always ships the night before, and they always show up the next day.

this happens for like every game that people order from amazon. every time its o no my game isnt shipping soon will it be here tomorrow?!

Grisby

Plasmid said:
GUYS WE ARE IN THE LAST 11 HOURS OR SO OF WAITING ON GEARS 3.
LET'S DO THIS!
VCiC8.gif

-PXG-

That headshot nerf is making me lean away from the Hammy. Retro is just too inaccurate. At close range, I might as well use my Gnasher.

Can't make up my mind.

The lancer clip is so sexy, and it does more damage then earlier in the beta's lifespan. Plus, I'm more accurate with it since I'm not hammering away on my R-Trigger.

Hyunkel6

My game just shipped out! Can't wait to play tomorrow night! Here's hoping the servers can accomodate the massive number of players tomorrow.

DRE Fei

I've been practicing in private bot matches and was surprised you can rank up there as well. Pretty sweet considering I'm just trying some stuff out.

-PXG-

See. SEE!!!

See how fucking stupid the SOS is.

Gold help you if someone sneaks up on wit that thing.

No aiming required. Just look in the general direction and push RT.

Plasmid

operon said:
anyone else getting this at a midnight launch, 2 and a hours to go for me(UK Gaf)

Just saw a tweet from the guy who voices dom about how it was starting, then i realised it's almost 10 oclock for you guys.

Assholes.

:(.

Playing through Gears 1 right now. Crazy how much Gears 3 improves on it. The cutscenes, the controls, the visuals, everything. Looks like a rough prototype for the awesomeness of Gears 3

JambiBum

The sawed off doesn't bother me anymore after that video. They clearly changed the range on it. If you are too close just be expected to be downed or killed.

-PXG-

JambiBum said:
The sawed off doesn't bother me anymore after that video. They clearly changed the range on it. If you are too close just be expected to be downed or killed.

It's not the range. I've never had an issue with that. It's the spread. You don't even have to be looking at someone to kill them.

TRios Zen

-Yeti said:
Same here. I regret nothing when I'm blasting fools away with the SOS.

In the beta on King of the Hill, I took out almost an entire team with the SOS. They had just rushed my crew and were celebrating their victory - one pull of the trigger later and I had gibbed three, and downed the fourth. I calmly executed him with the SOS, and capped that ring myself.

If you can't beat 'em - join 'em.

Hixx

JambiBum said:

The video makes it look like a frigging 160 degree shot, though. Fair enough if its going to be powerful, it should not just be a 'oh hey I'm close, free kill' weapon. They say it's to be used by newer players who aren't as good -- they aren't going to get better with a weapon so ridiculously lenient when it comes to aiming.

B-Dex said:
Not gonna lie, tempted to get lightning and ocean skins..... I am part of the problem. (Also rainbow for the lulz)
Those were the exact skins that I was looking at buying. :lol High-Five!

But screw Rainbow. I have a feeling that it's going to be a pretty popular skin.

-PXG-

HixxSAFC said:
The video makes it look like a frigging 160 degree shot, though. Fair enough if its going to be powerful, it should not just be a 'oh hey I'm close, free kill' weapon. They say it's to be used by newer players who aren't as good -- they aren't going to get better with a weapon so ridiculously lenient when it comes to aiming.

This

Volimar said:
From the comments on the youtube vid:

"Update: Looks like TU1 wasn't installed on the box we recorded on. I'm researching and will add annotations to fix a couple parts."

Untwist your panties for now guys.

There is hope.

JambiBum

HixxSAFC said:
Here is what no one seems to be taking into account with it though. How often do you end up in that spot? He was testing the extremes at that point. No one is going to just hug someone else with a sawed off. If you do then you deserve to be killed.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Here's a question... why no Submission or Guardian? Or King of the Hill? (I know there's KotH but it's basically Annex renamed)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Superimposer said:
Here's a question... why no Submission or Guardian? Or King of the Hill? (I know there's KotH but it's basically Annex renamed)

because they sucked

the new modes are superior.

Bossniak

Volimar said:
From the comments on the youtube vid:

"Update: Looks like TU1 wasn't installed on the box we recorded on. I'm researching and will add annotations to fix a couple parts."

Untwist your panties for now guys.

All is right. :D

As a loyal Hammerburst user and fangirl I am quite depressed after watching that video. :(

Nothing I hadn't noticed before anyway, after playing the beta and getting destroyed by Lancer users... I was still hoping I was the problem because I had lost trigger finger agility after not playing Gears 2 in ages, that I needed to adapt to the newly capped rate of fire... Why did you do this to my beautiful Hammy Epic? ;_;

I'd rather not comment on the DBS.

And I disagree with CTL being superior to glorious Guardian. Gears 2 Hammy and Guardian, that's what I really really miss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom