• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

Great fun reading this thread! I ordered from Amazon so probably going to chug a bottle of NyQuil and go into stasis lol

Chrome sawed off for owning a gears pc achievement? hmm I will have to buy gears pc at some point :p I wanted to own it anyway for that extra chapter

Ashes

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
If the word gets out that Gears 3 multiplayer actually works, it might do really well in the end.

Problem is, they did that reviewer event for multiplayer, like Gears 2, when they should had carried on the beta, or let reviewers play from their offices...

I remember when reviewers said the gears 2 multiplayer was awesome as hell... only for it not to work at launch, or for a while...

Still, I player gears for the single player, and I liked the first two, and this once looks to top both of those. So I'm happy. :p

-PXG-

JambiBum said:
Thought you had your trade situation handled?

One of them yes, but the other no.

I needs that Mech Baird. So yeah...

Anyone who wants to give me Mechanic Baird for Commando Dom, let me know. I need's my baby daddy Baird.

2th

Banned
who wants to do some midnight campaign? That is where i will be starting. CDT though. Screw the rest of you time zones getting it before me! lol

Malo

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
I think Gears will get on to sell more than Halo Reach.
Lifetime or it's first month? Reach did 3.3 mill September 2010, I can't see Gears 3 topping that. I can see it doing over 2 mill this month.

Ashes

Banned
SuperMalo said:
Lifetime or it's first month? Reach did 3.3 mill September 2010, I can't see Gears 3 topping that. I can see it doing over 2 mill this month.

I think that we're talking about different territories. In America Reach will own, but I think it will be closer in Europe... Though how we tell is up in the air...

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Superimposer said:
That's a good point, I don't know but if there is one then it just won't work and we won't trade. Worth giving it a try?
Hmm. Maybe we can get an answer on this before trading away.

Malo

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
I think that we're talking about different territories. In America Reach will own, but I think it will be closer in Europe... Though how we tell is up in the air...
How has the past Gears game done in Europe, for comparison sake?

Sanic

I want that console so bad.

I guess i'm gonna pick this up tomorrow. Honestly wasn't too into the beta, but I feel I need to play this if only to complete the trilogy. GoW was the first game I played on my 360.

Ashes

Banned
SuperMalo said:
How has the past Gears game done in Europe, for comparison sake?

I can't find it now, but I know it did a lot better than Halo does over here.

Here's wiki:

Sales

Gears of War 2 has achieved significant success after its release. In its opening weekend, the game sold over two million units, and set a new record for the number of simultaneous players on Xbox Live, with over 1 million people logging on to play the game.[67] The game went on to sell over three million copies worldwide within the first month of its release,[68] and pushed past four million in sales within the first two months.[69] It was the sixth best-selling game of December 2008 in the United States, selling in excess of 745,000 copies.[70] It was also the tenth top-selling game in the United States in 2008, with over 1.3 million copies sold.[71]

The majority of the sales are overseas.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
"September 19, 2011 04:44:00 PM Las Vegas NV US Shipment received by carrier
September 19, 2011 01:22:28 PM North Las Vegas NV US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit"

I could be getting this tonight. Vegas isn't too far away from SD

>.> fingers crossed

Damn... In watching so random Justin.TV Gears 3 MP stream and the streamer is in a party with his boys. They're all talking about buying multiple skins or even the full launch pack!!!!

WTF?! Epic & MS are going to be raking in sooo much cash off of random dudes like these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom