• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Seth Balmore said:
As a loyal Hammerburst user and fangirl I am quite depressed after watching that video. :(

Nothing I hadn't noticed before anyway, after playing the beta and getting destroyed by Lancer users... I was still hoping I was the problem because I had lost trigger finger agility after not playing Gears 2 in ages, that I needed to adapt to the newly capped rate of fire... Why did you do this to my beautiful Hammy Epic? ;_;

I'd rather not comment on the DBS.

If there was one thing that never happened to me in the beta, it was getting destroyed by a Lancer. HB+Retro all day back in the beta, never had any issues downing or killing people with either...

I really enjoyed Submission in 2, but it had a tendency to last fooooorever, and often in stalemates.

With the updated annotations on the video, the SOS no longer downs and the reticle when pressing LT is now only a dot. No mention of the spread being adjusted.

-PXG-

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Video will be annotated the Sawed Off down is changed in update.

Rcufp.gif

I miss that show. So many good memories. Will pour a bottle of orange soda out of respect.

Hixx

Superimposer said:
How do you mark online? Seen some people do it

Clicking the left stick iirc.

I'm so excited, postwoman better be early or I'll make her walk through the yard with the dogs trying to lick her to death.

All this coffee and these bon bons really aren't helping with the excitement.

Okay, just confirmed my taking half the day off tomorrow. As soon as I get either my LE copy or my wife's SE copy from Amazon (usually by 12:00 pm) on my desk, I'm out. Can't fucking wait for Horde 2.0 & TDM. Then campaign co-op when the wife comes home from work.

And the 1% chance that both my orders get screwed, I've $5 on an SE at the local Gamestop. If I have to go that route, I'll return the sealed Amazon SE to Gamestop.

Hyped!

def sim

I was going to go to the launch party in Times Square with a buddy of mine then I realized how silly that would have been. Ordered from Amazon a couple of minutes ago and now I'm getting a $20 giftcard and $1 release date delivery.

I'm glad I came to my senses!

-PXG-

rance said:
I was going to go to the launch party in Times Square with a buddy of mine then I realized how silly that would have been. Ordered from Amazon a couple of minutes ago and now I'm getting a $20 giftcard and $1 release date delivery.

I'm glad I came to my senses!

Would have gotten to meet Cliff, Rod, Jim Brown and all the big dudes from Epic. Just saying.

-PXG-

Come on GAF, let's get to 100 pages before midnight hits on the West Coast. Ballistik will need some entertainment.

Plasmid

-PXG- said:
Come on GAF, let's get to 100 pages before midnight hits on the West Coast. Ballistik will need some entertainment.

Is your gears 2 lanyard itchy as fuck? I got one from ebay a few years ago after my order got cut into and stolen and the seller sent me that and the original order, the lanyard is nice but itchy as hell.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
akskiller said:
Weapon damage breakdown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzBPcavSSsI&feature=feedu

smh at the sawed off.

Still mad about losing the headshot bonus, but it is what it is - it probably was a bit too strong, and then thinking about the fact that this baby has no recoil whatsoever made everything right again :)

And I told you all that the SOS down would be removed in the patch - people got no reason to complain now...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
-PXG- said:
Shit...Xamdou was right. "Launch Collection" for all the skins. There will be more....

God damn Epic.
So they're single justification for putting them on disc, so everyone can see them without requiring a TU, is gone because they plan on adding more in the future anyways which they'll have to TU or mandatory DLC pack in. Great.

In other news, my Gears 3 copy shipped. Hope I get it by Thursday, that's when I'll first be able to play.

Ballistik

-PXG- said:
>:l

As soon as it gets late, I'm just going to go watch tv and go to bed early. Totally going to avoid the 20 pages of people saying they have the game.

enzo_gt said:
So they're single justification for putting them on disc, so everyone can see them without requiring a TU, is gone because they plan on adding more in the future anyways which they'll have to TU or mandatory DLC pack in. Great.

In other news, my Gears 3 copy shipped. Hope I get it by Thursday, that's when I'll first be able to play.
Their justification was that nobody but you would see the skins. Will become a totally irrelevant excuse if they put more skins.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Ballistik said:
>:l

As soon as it gets late, I'm just going to go watch tv and go to bed early. Totally going to avoid the 20 pages of people saying they have the game.

GOT THE GAME W00T

-PXG-

I love how GB wastes their time scrolling through lists and buying shit when they could easily search for detailed info on Google.

If they're doing it for the lulz, alright. I just hope they're not THAT ill-informed.

AndyMoogle said:
They gotta pay for those dedicated servers somehow.

Epic should go into the drug game, or prostitution then.

B-Dex

-PXG- said:
I love how GB wastes their time scrolling through lists and buying shit when they could easily search for detailed info on Google.

If they're doing it for the lulz, alright. I just hope they're not THAT ill-informed.

Epic should go into the drug game, or prostitution then.

You'd be surprised at how little your average person knows, even about products they are interested in.

had a truly amazing day with this game co-op and some multiplayer today.

Had some great fun multiplayer and some really jaw dropping moments in campaign.

-PXG-

B-Dex said:
You'd be surprised at how little your average person knows, even about products they are interested in.

Hell, even dedicated Gears fans are out of the loop. I never trust the press/ media for anything. They're utterly useless.

All you need is GAF.

def sim

-PXG- said:
Would have gotten to meet Cliff, Rod, Jim Brown and all the big dudes from Epic. Just saying.

Unless those dudes would have been making it rain hells of skrilla on me, going to Manhattan for a game I won't play until tomorrow evening would be pointless!

-PXG-

rance said:
Unless those dudes would have been making it rain hells of skrilla on me, going to Manhattan for a game I won't play until tomorrow evening would be pointless!

Hmmm...you make a good point.

I was gonna go, but trekking up to NYC to stand in line for hours, only to come home late too tired to play, didn't seem worth it. Oh well.

pr0cs

rance said:
I would have gone, but then I do all sorts of stupid shit to support my hobbies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom