• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

Reluctant-Hero said:
Damn... In watching so random Justin.TV Gears 3 MP stream and the streamer is in a party with his boys. They're all talking about buying multiple skins or even the full launch pack!!!!

WTF?! Epic & MS are going to be raking in sooo much cash off of random dudes like these guys.

Power of the Casual. Three of my buddies are buying the whole skin pack nonsense. Their money I guess.

Gibbo

Hey Guys, for the Cutscenes in Gears 3, do you notice quite a fair bit of stuttering? Feels as though its below 30fps. Not sure if it has to do with my aging set : (

Malo

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
I can't find it now, but I know it did a lot better than Halo does over here.

Here's wiki:

Sales

Gears of War 2 has achieved significant success after its release. In its opening weekend, the game sold over two million units, and set a new record for the number of simultaneous players on Xbox Live, with over 1 million people logging on to play the game.[67] The game went on to sell over three million copies worldwide within the first month of its release,[68] and pushed past four million in sales within the first two months.[69] It was the sixth best-selling game of December 2008 in the United States, selling in excess of 745,000 copies.[70] It was also the tenth top-selling game in the United States in 2008, with over 1.3 million copies sold.[71]

The majority of the sales are overseas.
I didn't know it did that well in Europe. I guess it might just sell more than Reach there.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
>:| @ team color pack being 300 or whatever. I have 290 points. Is that one considered animated? or are they just fucking with me

FStop7

Banned
Hnnnnng...

Zcz0f.png

2th

Banned
The Xtortionist said:
Was this little bird intoxicated? Because it wasn't in the beta files.

Though I wouldn't mind. Bullet Marsh was kinda fun.

game iso put out last week.

though i didnt get my info from that.

JambiBum said:
I'm getting all of the skins and not paying a dime.

unless you get the white skins you arent pro.

What did snack mean by saying Best Buy fucked up his Baird DLC? I thought they weren't sending out the codes until tomorrow? Also, does Best Buy have decent trade in prices? I see they're offering 40% on all trade ins toward Gears.

2th

Banned
Forgot to mention this before. So supposedly my local best buys and gamestops wont be doing cards for the codes. all shit on the receipt. Was not happy to hear that. means scoring extras wont be possible for me :(

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
>>>>>OH MY FUCKING GOD.<<<<<<
Ordered the season pass and just bought some skins off Xbox.com
Got on my console and went to pending downloads, saw the text 'Assigned to another console'

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

That scared the hell out of me. I thought i'd be locked out of my content. Thank god it let me download it to my new console. Crisis Averted.

2th said:
Forgot to mention this before. So supposedly my local best buys and gamestops wont be doing cards for the codes. all shit on the receipt. Was not happy to hear that. means scoring extras wont be possible for me :(
Then what's the deal with people who have the cards? I'm seeing a ton all over GAF and ebay...

Sanic

Reluctant-Hero said:
Damn... In watching so random Justin.TV Gears 3 MP stream and the streamer is in a party with his boys. They're all talking about buying multiple skins or even the full launch pack!!!!

WTF?! Epic & MS are going to be raking in sooo much cash off of random dudes like these guys.

I know. F2P model, esp. TF2, has killed any desire I may have had to buy this random junk. I'm not paying $60 for the game and then more for some visual flair.

But, I think this'll work well for them. A high level of customization like this hasn't really been seen in the console space yet.

Wonder why some peoples Amazon orders are shipping already.

What time do Release Day Deliveries usually arrive? First thing in the morning, or should I be expecting later afternoon?

Wizman23

Banned
I wouldn't worry about amazon.com. I have been a prime member for 2 plus years and have ordered over 20 games with release date shipping. Never once was the game not waiting for me when I got home from work. Half the time I never get an email that it shipped.

2th

Banned
dmg04 said:
Then what's the deal with people who have the cards? I'm seeing a ton all over GAF and ebay...

dont know. Guess Memphis is even more of a shit hole than i already thought. anyways if i can snag anything i will try.

ShaneB

Just played some MP, was in awe of the maps. Just walking around Mercy and tried to take in the scenery before entering battle. Gorgeous map.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Devin Olsen said:

What time do Release Day Deliveries usually arrive? First thing in the morning, or should I be expecting later afternoon?
They're shipping from major amazon warehouses to local places, then tomorrow they'll be sent out to the consumers.

It's "shipped", not "out for delivery" :(

3rdman

CcrooK said:
Power of the Casual. Three of my buddies are buying the whole skin pack nonsense. Their money I guess.
A fool and his money are soon parted...

Why anyone would spend money on what amounts to nothing but a cheap texture swap is beyond my understanding.

Zeth

Is that blurred out gun skin from the british stream purchasable? I don't know if they said it was Epic like from the dev or epic like really cool.

edit: It's freakin' awesome. It's pixelated like when you see boobs on Cops.

Wizman23

Banned
dmg04 said:
They're shipping from major amazon warehouses to local places, then tomorrow they'll be sent out to the consumers.

It's "shipped", not "out for delivery" :(
Your copy won't go into "out for delivery" status until it's loaded onto the UPS truck tomorrow morning. The package will arrive tomorrow whenever it is convenient on the UPS drivers route.

Devin Olsen said:

From my experience, if you have it sent to your home it will come in the afternoon (non-priority overnight shipping - afternoon delivery).

I had mine sent to work, so it usually comes with our morning delivery :)

JambiBum said:
Never had a problem with them.

Neither did I til today. Just lucky me I guess. I need 350pts for the season pass and just got my 400pts code from Bing, and now I'm getting an error code every time I try to redeem it.

Why can't shit just work? I don't even really know who to contact with this problem.

Cheska

Sweet! My boyfriend just picked up our copy here in CA :D Does anyone know if the NYC launch event will be streamed anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom