• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmonk

So is versus multi in 2 and now 3 really people just diving to get close with shotties? Is there a way to counter this?

Also how large is the Gears GAF community?

EDIT: Xav mentioned this on weekend confirmed.

2th

Banned
i promised myself i would keep the pony gifs out of this thread but my god the hype is getting to me. so this feels actually appropriate.

cZSXz.jpg

-PXG-

XxCGSxX said:
yeah she also prefers BF over CoD, I love that woman.

Damn. Makes me wish my former Cogette. Got her a OG slick shirt and COG tags. She looked damn good in that shit too. Sexy as fuck.

LifEndz

Cheska said:
Sweet! My boyfriend just picked up our copy here in CA :D Does anyone know if the NYC launch event will be streamed anywhere?

Hmmm...seems like something that would be on G4 or Ustream.

bob page

This was the line in Times Square at about 3pm today (when I left work to get a coffee):

J4BBvl.jpg

No CliffyB sightings, but I did see them setting up the motorcycles.

-PXG-

XxCGSxX said:
I will marry her someday lol were still young, we've been 3 years together, she's 19 and I'm 20. Someday I will :D

Get her pregnant. That help you stay together...at least a a little.

mbmonk said:
So is versus multi in 2 and now 3 really people just diving to get close with shotties? Is there a way to counter this?

Also how large is the Gears GAF community?

EDIT: Xav mentioned this on weekend confirmed.
In Gears 2 you can't really do anything but using the gnasher.

In Gears 3 the assault rifles are all good and actually work as they should. If they just rush towards you, then they are easy prey with an assault rifle.

FStop7

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Wonder why some peoples Amazon orders are shipping already.

What time do Release Day Deliveries usually arrive? First thing in the morning, or should I be expecting later afternoon?

It depends on which shipper they use and where you are in their route.

If I order something from Amazon with overnight shipping and it's shipped via UPS it typically arrives in the mid to late afternoon. Sometimes as late as 6PM or 7PM.

If they ship via FedEx it usually arrives mid morning before lunch time.

If they ship via ONTRAC it usually arrives by 9 or 10AM.

All of this is completely subjective, though.

shinnn

bob page said:
This was the line in Times Square at about 3pm today (when I left work to get a coffee):

http://i.imgur.com/J4BBvl.jpg[IMG]

No CliffyB sightings, but I did see them setting up the motorcycles.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://a.yfrog.com/img44/1175/6czal.jpg
70666_la.jpg

70664_la.jpg

Cliffy please help a GAFer out. My wife is making me return the game tomorrow. And I have to sell my consoles to make ends meet. Jesus this is the worst day ever.

Crying.gif

LifEndz

I would go to the city for the launch event in the hopes of snagging a free copy, but I'm sure about 100 other people are going hoping to do the same.

-PXG-

Dat bike.

panama chief said:
Cliffy please help a GAFer out. My wife is making me return the game tomorrow. And I have to sell my consoles to make ends meet. Jesus this is the worst day ever.

Crying.gif

Holy shit.

Cliff, Epic...the powers that be...I command you to help this guy out. For reals.

LifEndz

panama chief said:

Crying.gif

Jeez...that sucks man. Hope you get back on your feet soon.

-PXG-

Alright, I'm heading out.

If anyone has a spare Mech Baird code, hit me up in PM. I will trade you Comm Dom.

See you guys on the other side.

friskykillface said:
Wait, is there an online pass you need for the game?

I'm thinking i might just rent it. *runs away*

Does it say that ANYWHERE in the OP....

No. It doesn't

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
mbmonk said:
Care to elaborate on why? I barely played any of Gears 1 and none of Gears 2.

Anyone else?

Retro Lancer is a powerful, automatic rifle that's new to Gears. It takes people down faster than the Lancer, but has less range as a trade-off. I used it many times in the beta to slow down and kill people who were hell bent on bum rushing me with the shotgun.

You could also use the Hammerburst and pick people apart from afar if that's your thing.

And even if Gears 3 turned into a shotgun fest, so what? Shotgun gameplay is what defines Gears of War's multiplayer, just like perks and loadouts define Call of Duty, classes define Battlefield, and fast rifle gameplay defines Halo.

Every multiplayer title has its own niche. For Gears, that's with shotguns.

Poker360

Uhm.. Guys..

A tweet from game trailers:

"Put your thinking caps on - @EpicGames and @GeoffKeighley will be making a HUGE announcement during the #GTGears3 special. What could it be?"

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
panama chief said:

Crying.gif

Lol, that's just not baller.

h3ro

Poker360 said:
Uhm.. Guys..

"Put your thinking caps on - @EpicGames and @GeoffKeighley will be making a HUGE announcement during the #GTGears3 special. What could it be?"

First DLC pack?

mbmonk

Domino Theory said:
Retro Lancer is a powerful, automatic rifle that's new to Gears. It takes people down faster than the Lancer, but has less range as a trade-off. I used it many times in the beta to slow down and kill people who were hell bent on bum rushing me with the shotgun.

You could also use the Hammerburst and pick people apart from afar if that's your thing.

Thank you very much. I am looking at the Beta gameplay vids on youtube right now. Shotty seems pretty popular.

Domino Theory said:
And even if Gears 3 turned into a shotgun fest, so what? Shotgun gameplay is what defines Gears of War's multiplayer, just like perks and loadouts define Call of Duty, classes define Battlefield, and fast rifle gameplay defines Halo.

Every multiplayer title has its own niche. For Gears, that's with shotguns.

I don't care for shotty centric versus games. So I am not going to buy Gears3 and a 360 console to play that. :)

But that is just my preference. I could see how some would think that is fun. It's just not for me at the moment.

ShaneB

Poker360 said:
Uhm.. Guys..

Not sure what would be a HUGE announcement at this point in time. I'd say something like a free map pack, but that's not HUGE news.

Interesting....

Also for what was mentioned before in terms of Multiplayer, the rifles are VERY effective, if you get shotgunned down, the other guy did his job in getting close.

h3ro said:
First DLC pack?
Nah, they will announce that the next pack of skins will be free for everyone. I can't see anything else that could be worthy of being called a "HUGE announcement".
mbmonk said:
I don't care for shotty centric versus games. So I am not going to buy Gears3 and a 360 console to play that. :)

But that is just my preference. I could see how some would think that is fun. It's just not for me at the moment.
Don't worry about that. You can easily do well with just assault rifles. 50% of my kills in the beta were from rifles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom