• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
minx88 said:
It's not really too much work. Gamestop is 5 min away. I'll leave at 12:05 and will barely even have to wait in line. And if they don't return it there, I'll try the other 15 gamestops in the area.
Its just impatience on my part to play the game, but what's another day of waiting when I've been waiting nearly 3 years for this game. Now if it isn't much trouble for you I say go for it bro.

Willeth

2th said:
GIVE US AZURA AND BLOOD DRIVE NOW!!! FOR FREE!!!
Honestly I'm expecting Blood Drive, Azura and Rustling to be announced as free tomorrow during G4's thing - maybe even one of those events where a map unlocks for every million kills the community gets, or something, given that they're on the disc. I don't have any real reason to think it other than the fact that they're sitting on the in-game leaderboards, but it seems like the kind of thing they'd do. Of course, they used to campaign for free map packs and now the skins cost more than every previous map for Gears, so maybe it's not the kind of thing they'd do.

The season pass doesn't see DLC until November so I fully expect a free dlc pack of some sort in October because they don't want to be forgotten with BF3. It would make sense that they'd have some free dlc just to calm all the weapon skin stuff.

-PXG- said:
Dat bike.

Holy shit.

Cliff, Epic...the powers that be...I command you to help this guy out. For reals.

Heh. I appreciate the push. Been unemployed since Christmas last year and south Florida job hunting has me in a bad place. My wife threatened to leave me if I don't help.....so the console are on the way out. She said I can keep the 360 but gears needs to be returned. Why keep the 360 if I can't play the game of the century? ....tears literally streamed down my face.

Plasmid

THIS IS IT. 2 HOURS 6 MINUTES UNTIL ZERO HOUR.

I AM SO FUCKING READY IT'S KILLING ME INSIDE.

Last post until post-Gears 3 release.

Guessing the huge announcement is gears of war: CE 5th anniversary edition.

I keed, probably new dlc.

panama chief said:
Heh. I appreciate the push. Been unemployed since Christmas last year and south Florida job hunting has me in a bad place. My wife threatened to leave me if I don't help.....so the console are on the way out. She said I can keep the 360 but gears needs to be returned. Why keep the 360 if I can't play the game of the century? ....tears literally streamed down my face.

Til death do us part.*

*And or gears 3 release conflictions.

malfcn

Poker360 said:
Uhm.. Guys..

A tweet from game trailers:

"Put your thinking caps on - @EpicGames and @GeoffKeighley will be making a HUGE announcement during the #GTGears3 special. What could it be?"

I bought the Season Pass, so if it's some other deal will be pissed. Free DLC I could be okay with..

JimiNutz

Banned
I have an epic edition on the way, but I still couldn't resist picking this up at midnight (my first midnight launch!)
Went to my local Tescos and there was about 50 People there (more than I expected for a supermarket lol).

Still trying to work out which rifle to use online.
My friends beast with the retro, but I can't get the hang of it so am sticking with Hammerburst at mo but am really disappointed that headshots don't increase damage anymore though.

Plasmid

As soon as the announcement hits please someone post it, i'm going to be gone and definitely looking at GAF, so any updates would be great.

:D.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Man, some of you dudes talking about buying a copy at midnight and then returning your Amazon order is crazy. Show a little patience.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
panama chief said:
Cliffy please help a GAFer out. My wife is making me return the game tomorrow. And I have to sell my consoles to make ends meet. Jesus this is the worst day ever.

Crying.gif
Sounds like you have bigger problems. Like being able to provide for your family. You might want to sort that out first.

who gives a shit about what marcus is doin in gears 3 or whatever

Looking for a group of 5 around midnight

Kydd Blaze
Phatal Faze
-
-
-

plz join us

RiccochetJ said:
Sounds like you have bigger problems. Like being able to provide for your family. You might want to sort that out first.

Sounds like that is the reason he is returning his copy and selling his console if you look closely.....

KaYotiX

Banned
rance said:
Amazon shipped my order and I only placed it hours ago. You other duders shouldn't worry, we're all getting it tomorrow.

Amazon is always slow on updating, i usually have the game in my hand before i get a "hey we shipped it" email

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
cant wait until tomorrow :)

they are using dedicated servers this time, right?

LifEndz

Ballistik said:
Yeah. Watching the Charlie Sheen roast as I wait for it to be time.

I had no idea this was going on. I'm watching and Mike Tyson is about to punch Steve O in the face.

Edit: Nevermind. It was very lame.

RiccochetJ said:

Obviously. I'm not getting kicked out my apartment or anything. But I'm losing my hobby the night before the only game I've want to play for the last 2 and a half years comes out. I don't mind selling the consoles. My wife and kids mean the world to me. I'm just sad it's reached this point.

Sorry for Debbie downing the thread. You guys enjoy and pop a few heads for me please.

Edit: does GaF have a "selling my electronics" thread? These things have to go ASAP.

Mwahahahahahahaha.

I emailed and asked Amazon why their LE Gears 360 console didn't have the $20 credit the standard edition has and they gave me $20 credit. Then Amazon price matched Target's $40 giftcard with the console purchase. The result?

24ot2eg.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I was thinking of waiting to get this as I am low on money, but I may scrounge up my best buy gift cards and any games I'll never play and try to get it, the hype is getting to me and I'm not even that huge of Gears fan.

LifEndz

panama chief said:
Obviously. I'm not getting kicked out my apartment or anything. But I'm losing my hobby the night before the only game I've want to play for the last 2 and a half years comes out. I don't mind selling the consoles. My wife and kids mean the world to me. I'm just sad it's reached this point.

Sorry for Debbie downing the thread. You guys enjoy and pop a few heads for me please.

For what it's worth, I feel for you dude. But expecting anything but snarky comments here is a waste of time.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
panama chief said:

I apologize. I feel your pain. I was in your position before and considering this economic environment I would be foolish to think that I couldn't be there again. It's hard to understand the 'tone' of a post a lot of times. Thank you for clarifying. Good luck and keep your head up.

mbmonk

panama chief said:
Why keep the 360 if I can't play the game of the century?

Without knowing your wife or situation it's hard to tell, but I imagine the thought of her husband sitting around playing video games instead of doing "X" ( which is whatever she feels like you SHOULD BE DOING instead ) doesn't sit well with her. :)

Tears "literally" streaming down your face? Wow. Sounds like you need to unplug from Gears 3 :p

Best of luck though. I know it gotta be rough down there. I hope you end up turning this lump of coal into a diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom