• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Fuck the haters, Gears art style and architecture is fucking GORGEOUS.

I think the Locust are the best looking characters out of any video game. Ever. Chris Perna and his art team are great. I think they borrowed somewhat liberally from WETA's LoTR designs (see below) but they made the look their own.

mouthsauronbust.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is this cutting and chopping a ton for anyone else or is it just me?

FStop7 said:
I think the Locust are the best looking characters out of any video game. Ever. Chris Perna and his art team are great.
Whoa whoa, I know the art direction is great and all, but I can't support this.

I actually think the weapon design (aesthetics especially) is some of the best this gen though.

LifEndz

"Aisha what do you love about this game?"

"It's everything you love about Gears 3"

Ummm...what do I love about Gears 3? I haven't played it yet!!!!!

so coming from someone who went dark on this game since the beginning of the year, can the women move faster? I imagine no because then everyone would be the chicks.

ShaneB

I'm off to bed, this thread is going to blow up shortly when people get home with their copies :) Enjoy it tonight folks!!

Proelite

enzo_gt said:
Whoa whoa, I know the art direction is great and all, but I can't support this.

I actually think the weapon design (aesthetics especially) is some of the best this gen though.

I actually thinks that weapons have the weakest art in the whole game, with the exception of the COG body armor, which looks like boomboxes on chests.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Proelite said:
I actually thinks that weapons have the weakest art in the whole game, with the exception of the COG body armor, which looks like boomboxes on chests.
Really? The Scorcher, Gnasher, Lancer, some of the most refreshing designs for typical weaponry I've seen. They truly put their own twist on them all.

Proelite

enzo_gt said:
Really? The Scorcher, Gnasher, Lancer, some of the most refreshing designs for typical weaponry I've seen. They truly put their own twist on them all.

They're functionaly creative designs, but imo they're not aesthetically pleasing like Halo and Killzone's guns are.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Proelite said:
They're functionaly creative designs, but imo they're not aesthetically pleasing like Halo and Killzone's guns are.
*looks at Plasma Launcher*
*Looks at Needle Rifle*
*Looks at DMR*

>.>
<.<

wtfx he talkin bout

Lingitiz

Anyone think it'll be possible to pick this up at midnight without a preorder at Best Buy? I already preordered but my brother is wondering if he could just snag his copy as well.

Oh shit, Best Buy coming through in the clutch. 10 minutes after midnight and they already emailed me my Mech Baird skin. Awww yeah!

Now I just need the game. :p

Malo

Banned
Lingitiz said:
Anyone think it'll be possible to pick this up at midnight without a preorder at Best Buy? I already preordered but my brother is wondering if he could just snag his copy as well.
If its a regular copy I'm pretty sure he can.

stupei

Picked up my copy at a local family owned place. It's installing now and the 20 - 30 people I walked past waiting impatiently in front of the Gamestop a block away are still standing outside.

Commando Dom isn't that cool, guys.
Also I am totally going to pick up my pre-order from Gamestop later and then return it at a different store in the city. Whatever, they had my $5 for months and months earning them interest, no regrets.

JMizzlin

This morning I left to get a std edition Gears 3 and left with a Ltd and controller, haha. Great game though, entirely worth it.

kiryani

Wen tout at midnight UK time and picked this up, expected to be playing campaign but the multiplayer is so damn good.

This is the first time I've moved out of my seat in 4 1/2 hours.

Dug

Banned
Eye Drop said:
This morning I left to get a std edition Gears 3 and left with a Ltd and controller, haha. Great game though, entirely worth it.
I read this as "The morning I get a STD...". :lol

Just got the game, installing to HDD now.

Anyone know how big the install is?

Fusebox

Banned
-PXG- said:
GEARS 3 GET!!!!

pK9BD.jpg

INSTALLING NOW!!!!

Oh so THATS what the dude was carrying on the train last night! I knew it was too big to be the special GOW3 console, didn't know there was a gun for it.

-PXG-

snack, let me know if things worked out for you.

_dementia said:
Pic of the Retro Lancer while you install please!

Nope. Almost done. Not posting til later tonight or the morning.

Anyway, I'm out. See ya'll online :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
First time I've EVER went to pick something up at midnight. Nothing happening tomorrow, so time to dig in.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
-PXG- said:
I will open my Retro Lancer and Marcus statue in the morning. COME ON YOU SON OF A BITCH!!! INSTALL!!!
How many gigs?
*scrolls up*
oh!
lol.

looks like i need a HD soon :\

unomas

Banned
So I get the free super saver shipping from Amazon and it hasn't shipped yet? WTF? Come on Amazon, the latest I've gotten games in the past was 1 day after launch via their free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom