• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Poker360 said:
Uhm.. Guys..

A tweet from game trailers:

"Put your thinking caps on - @EpicGames and @GeoffKeighley will be making a HUGE announcement during the #GTGears3 special. What could it be?"

Gears of War mystery box DLC

4800 msp

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
panama chief said:
Cliffy please help a GAFer out. My wife is making me return the game tomorrow. And I have to sell my consoles to make ends meet. Jesus this is the worst day ever.

Crying.gif

Provided this is real and not a scam (you can never tell on the internet), if you're willing, I'll puchase a standard copy of Gears 3 and ship it to you if you PM me your address.

Can't help you with the console, though, sorry.

mbmonk

Spirit of Jazz said:
Shit, I just got the urge to by the game. Am guessing it will be impossible to get tomorrow without a pre-order though.

I haven't bought Gears on release day so maybe it's different, but I have almost never had a problem finding a game on release day. Just hit up the large retailers that don't take preorders ( I assume they exist Walmart, Kmart, etc. ).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Poker360 said:
What that be "HUGE" (all caps)?
Something even bigger than Dude Huge?

Free RAAM character and glowing white skins for everyone on launch. I'll accept nothing less.

EDIT: Your a good man, Domino. Very charitable in HaloGAF too. Respect.

Grisby

Square Triangle said:
Fuck me. The hype is getting to me, I have my LE pre-ordered at GS. Just not sure I want it.
You know what you need to do.

p46qH.gif

h3ro

I have a perfectly working OG Elite and a copy of Gears 3 on it's way.

SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I'M A ONE CLICK BUY AWAY FROM BUYING THE GEARS 3 360 ON AMAZON

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Poker360 said:
Uhm.. Guys..

A tweet from game trailers:

"Put your thinking caps on - @EpicGames and @GeoffKeighley will be making a HUGE announcement during the #GTGears3 special. What could it be?"

Bunny head mode.

def sim

h3ro said:
I have a perfectly working OG Elite and a copy of Gears 3 on it's way.

SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I'M A ONE CLICK BUY AWAY FROM BUYING THE GEARS 3 360 ON AMAZON

you really want a 360 that looks like it was designed by ed hardy?

minx

What is Gamestop's return policy? I have a copy coming via amazon tomorrow but I don't know if I can wait. If I bought it tonight could I return it tomorrow for full price?

LifEndz

Anyone have a link to the youtube vid of the black kid freaking out over the Gears of War 3 announcement and then beating up his brothers and sisters? That vid cracked me up and I can't find it.

Grisby

minx88 said:
What is Gamestop's return policy? I have a copy coming via amazon tomorrow but I don't know if I can wait. If I bought it tonight could I return it tomorrow for full price?

I think you can only return used games for full price and that has to be in 7 days. If you return a new one they will give you another copy or store credit (?). Not quite sure on that one.

inf3cti0n

Banned
Hello,

The Huge Announcement can only end up being cliffy b and jazz jackrabbit skins for multiplayer. You have to own all of the gun skins to unlock them. 45$ I would say is worth it :)

minx88 said:
As long as the Gamestop copy doesn't have any special stickers on the wrapper, you should be able to return a sealed Amazon copy with the original Gamestop receipt and get your full purchase price returned.

minx

Reluctant-Hero said:
As long as the Gamestop copy doesn't have any special stickers on the wrapper, you should be able to return a sealed Amazon copy with the original Gamestop receipt and get your full purchase price returned.

I thought about this as well.

Grisby

inf3cti0n said:
Hello,

The Huge Announcement can only end up being cliffy b and jazz jackrabbit skins for multiplayer. You have to own all of the gun skins to unlock them. 45$ I would say is worth it :)

You mean I can finally be CliffyB? I'm gonna go steal everyones GF's now bitches!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm amazed that some of you are going to GS after all the shit they've pulled recently.

Definitely looking forward to this game. It will be great when Amazon delivers it to my office tomorrow mid-morning. I get games sent to my office because the courier makes their business runs before they go residential so I can get it and install it when I go home for lunch :D

Adam Blade said:
With this post, we just beat the R3 thread.

Better thread, better game. :)

Wow, two completely different games. Good job you sound like GameFaqs.

RiccochetJ said:
I'm amazed that some of you are going to GS after all the shit they've pulled recently.

Definitely looking forward to this game. It will be great when Amazon delivers it to my office tomorrow mid-morning. I get games sent to my office because the courier makes their business runs before they go residential so I can get it and install it when I go home for lunch :D

Amazon isn't some miracle worker either, their outsourced customer service left a bad taste in my mouth.

h3ro

Adam Blade said:
Son, you got enough money. Go for it.

Plus, the Elite ain't a Slim.

Arg. So tempted!

You're a terrible person, Adam Blade. :lol

I hope you get slammed on your next call. May you be blessed with 3AM admissions.

Malo

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
Really? I was thinking of doing that.

Square Triangle said:
Wow, two completely different games. Good job you sound like GameFaqs.

Amazon isn't some miracle worker either, their outsourced customer service left a bad taste in my mouth.

... there's no doubt in my mind that Gears 3 will be better than R3, especially with R3's broken MP, and okay to decent SP.

h3ro said:
Arg. So tempted!

You're a terrible person, Adam Blade. :lol

I hope you get slammed on your next call. May you be blessed with 3AM admissions.

... I hate you.

I have two months of inpatient next (one of which is night float). ... :(

I bought Red Dead from Amazon. Got anxious and bought it at Wal Mart. I tried to return the Amazon copy to Wal Mart and couldn't. It won't even scan into their system. It shows up on Wal Mart as a "item not found."

The UPCs are different. They track sales and want to know how many copies they're selling via Amazon, how many via Wal Mart, etc. They're not the same UPC and you can't return one at another outlet.

Of course I could have taken the idiot working at Wal Mart and shown them "Look you have the item right here on your shelf." Red Dead is Red Dead. But I doubt that would have worked. If it's not in their system, they won't return it.

The people who make these games aren't stupid. They know what you want to do and they've taken measures to make sure you can't do it.

minx

It might be worth it to try and buy the game from gamestop and return my amazon copy to them.

Edit: Damn

Fleet_of_Foot said:
I bought Red Dead from Amazon. Got anxious and bought it at Wal Mart. I tried to return the Amazon copy to Wal Mart and couldn't. It won't even scan into their system. It shows up on Wal Mart as a "item not found."

The UPCs are different. They track sales and want to know how many copies they're selling via Amazon, how many via Wal Mart, etc. They're not the same UPC and you can't return one at another outlet.

Of course I could have taken the idiot working at Wal Mart and shown them "Look you have the item right here on your shelf." Red Dead is Red Dead. But I doubt that would have worked. If it's not in their system, they won't return it.

The people who make these games aren't stupid. They know what you want to do and they've taken measures to make sure you can't do it.

h3ro

Adam Blade said:
... I hate you.

I have two months of inpatient next (one of which is night float). ... :(

Night float screws you up man, no joke. Look at the positives.

Admissions by night, Gears by day!

Adam Blade said:
... there's no doubt in my mind that Gears 3 will be better than R3, especially with R3's broken MP, and okay to decent SP.

I don't get your comparison though. Did Insomniac come out and challange Cliffy B? No. I'm thinking you just felt like saying something stupid.

So amazing once you eventually realize as a gamer that two consoles can co-exist.

jackdoe

Cannot wait. I'm trying to be reasonable in my game purchases, to keep one day one purchase per month and wait for the other titles to go on sale. Gears for September, Arkham City for October, and I'll break my rule in November and get Uncharted 3 and Zelda day one, haha.

SuperMalo said:
Really? I was thinking of doing that.
Really. Might even work at Walmart without a receipt.

Back in 2009, I bought a $40 sealed copy of WET from amazon. I then returned to Walmart for the full $60 value and bought Uncharted 2 for pennies.

h3ro said:
Night float screws you up man, no joke. Look at the positives.

Admissions by night, Gears by day!

I certainly hope I'll have time for gaming. You must be chilling like a villain now.

Square Triangle said:
I don't get your comparison though. Did Insomniac come out and challange Cliffy B? No. I'm thinking you just felt like saying something stupid.

So amazing once you eventually realize as a gamer that two consoles can co-exist.

... there's always been an undercurrent of competition between the two games (and respective fanbases).

I own both consoles and have played all the games that have been out in both series, and I'll say that I believe Gears to be the superior franchise (again, in my opinion). This will be my last post on this topic, since I don't want to derail this thread further.

Get hype!

Grisby

jackdoe said:
Cannot wait. I'm trying to be reasonable in my game purchases, to keep one day one purchase per month and wait for the other titles to go on sale. Gears for September, Arkham City for October, and I'll break my rule in November and get Uncharted 3 and Zelda day one, haha.

I'm trying to do the same thing. Well sorta.

November has me playing mix and match though.

LifEndz

Adam Blade said:

I agree about the multiplayer...but the single player was great. No need to troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom