• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker360 said:
I installed the game.

Why does my 360 slim sound like a jet engine after installing and running the game?

i have seen this issue pop up a few times in the last few days. some say restarting the game/system will fix it for a short while. I'm guessing this is a side effect from the new disc format.

jambo

Ballistik said:
WHY are you fortunate to live that ahead of everyone!! It's barely Monday, 10:30 pm

Yeah I should go to bed, I'm losing my mind.

Hah, totally didn't realise it's coming out on the same date in the US, which gives us a bit of a head start. A few of my mates bought it so we'll probably hit up some co-op in a few hours :D

_dementia said:
That sucks ass :(

BzhxV.jpg

Folded piece of paper for manual, sticker sheet and the disc

Jgv4o.jpg

To access the full-length manual, visit:

gearsofwar.xbox.com/gameguide

=\

CyReN

cool_dude_2049 said:
Ugh I hate the way my neighborhood gamestop handles midnight launches. It is so fucking unorganized.

Mine gives out number tickets starting at 10pm, it actually works very well.

Booshka said:
http://www.twitch.tv/mlg is streaming Gears 3 4v4 LAN play for those of you that don't have the game and want to watch a bunch of dorks play the game. Most of them are current or former pro's, but they are goofing around a lot as well.

I haven't seen the word dorks used in a few years now thinking about it.

CyReN said:

Mine didn't start doing that until 1130, and people still needed to pay it off.

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this but sometimes if you preorder a game from Amazon and add something else to your order in addition to the game, it won't let you select release date shipping. I had preordered both Gears and Zelda at the same time and I wasn't able to select release date shipping for Gears until I removed it from the order and made it it's own transaction. That might be the problem for some of you assuming that it's not that release date shipping isn't available in your area.

Booshka

CyReN said:

It's the first word I think of when I see or hear Shibby and Puckett. I mean that in a good way, they are just dorky personalities lol

Cheska

How do you switch characters when playing co op campaign? If say I wanted to play as Sam Byrne when you get to that point, is that possible?

Teknoman

New manager at my gamestop is awesome. We had system linked 2 v 2 Gears matches going from 10:30pm onward. So many outbursts and awesome games had...but also made us realize that 120hz Gears 3 = bad. Whoever played on the monitor set to 120hz (security monitor ceiling mounted) had 1-2 second lag times on controls. We prerung up people, wrote numbers on their receipts, and then just handed out numbers after midnight deli style. Handed out Chimera Teeth necklaces from Resistance since we didnt have anything Gears.

Other than the TV problems, the game is amazing as usual. Picked up Persona 2, but gonna wait on Amazon to deliver my Gears 3.

Grisby

So...tired finished some of ACT 1.

The game is good. I think it is beyond good at the moment. Damn, Epic really their graphics muscle into this game, it looks leagues better then the other 2.

So good...must sleep. G'night gentle gaffers.

So, did any of your beta stuff unlocked? Cause even though it's on the same drive (i still have the save data for "Gears of War 3 Beta"), I didn't get any of the flame unlocks.

Edit: Never mind, rebooted, got it.

Reilly

ResidentDante said:
I know it kind of sucks, but I never ever hardly look at manuals anymore and we're saving rainforests man! :)

The plastic game cases and discs are way more hazardous to the environment than paper manuals ever were.

Teknoman

LEGGZZZZ said:
Why does it say 0 people are playing Horde? No one is playing for real?

People are probably just getting back/playing campaign or normal MP. I think most people that are really into horde style, knock out a few campaign sections first.

Reclaimer

I got some extra codes, yay!

I'm looking for a Savage Grenadier character skin code. It's the one from Walmart.

I have a Savage Kantus (amazon) or a Commando Dom (Gamestop) I'd be willing to trade either, your choice! Fuck, even both if you want.

Help a bro out!

Reclaimer said:
I got some extra codes, yay!

I'm looking for a Savage Grenadier character skin code. It's the one from Walmart.

I have a Savage Kantus (amazon) or a Commando Dom (Gamestop) I'd be willing to trade either, your choice! Fuck, even both if you want.

Help a bro out!

I want the Savage Kantus :( but all i have to trade is Commando Dom

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Moaradin said:
These new GoW xbox 360 controllers feel so much better than the originals I'm used to.
I snagged a silver one. Much to my dismay, it was 10 bucks more than the GOW edition [play and charge kit, go figure]

The new Dpad feels a tad bit better, the finish on the overall controller is good for my sweaty ass hands...

Moaradin said:
These new GoW xbox 360 controllers feel so much better than the originals I'm used to.

What's different aside from the transforming d-pad? (which I heard is prone to breaking after prolonged use :/)

ShinAmano

So the game is great so far...just pissed my Adam Fenix code did not work...hope they will let me trade it back in.

Also I guess I deleted the beta from my HD and lost all of my Beta stuff (like Thrash Ball Cole)...would it be possible to transfer someone else's beta save to my HD?

Moaradin said:

might have to get one with my skin selling money.

edit: unless it's the same as the fable one, which is almost $20 cheaper and still has the transforming pad

ShogunX

ShinAmano said:
So the game is great so far...just pissed my Adam Fenix code did not work...hope they will let me trade it back in.

Also I guess I deleted the beta from my HD and lost all of my Beta stuff (like Thrash Ball Cole)...would it be possible to transfer someone else's beta save to my HD?

Did you enter the code from the back of the metal cog medal? I know you probably did but the code on the card is only for the two day gold trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom