• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I got the adam fenix character and weapon pack from the gears console. What else gives you this stuff?

I'm also kind of mad that I didn't get a mechanic baird from pre-ordering from Best Buy.

Went to my local best buy's tournament and dominated everyone lol.

Won a free copy along with other shit ( key chain , beanie etc )

Would have been nice.. if i gotten the limited edition console for winning :)

MrPliskin

Banned
This isn't related to Gears 3 specifically, but just an interesting story.

I work at a locally owned video game store, and to maintain a somewhat competitive advantage, we usually put the games up on our TV and let customers play them during our launch parties.

Well, apparently one of the GameStop regional managers started "spying" on our FB page, and essentially had one of her store managers contact us and tell us "Don't do it or we'll report you to your distributor".

Shitty right?

Anyway, launch is done, ready to play!

Shogun PaiN said:
Did you enter the code from the back of the metal cog medal? I know you probably did but the code on the card is only for the two day gold trial.

This was a bit confusing, but yes the download code is on the medal and the paper you got SAYS this in super small print. The paper has the Xbox Live Gold 2 day trial dl code, not the Adam Fenix dl code.

MrPliskin said:
This isn't related to Gears 3 specifically, but just an interesting story.

I work at a locally owned video game store, and to maintain a somewhat competitive advantage, we usually put the games up on our TV and let customers play them during our launch parties.

Well, apparently one of the GameStop regional managers started "spying" on our FB page, and essentially had one of her store managers contact us and tell us "Don't do it or we'll report you to your distributor".

Shitty right?

Anyway, launch is done, ready to play!

what a douche! in my experience gamestop managers are annoying little troll men.

AiTM

Banned
Laying in bed reading this damn thread has shot my hype into overdrive.

Oh and to the man who a few pages back who needed a job and had to sell his copy and systems. Solidarity brother. Keep looking and you will find something, and a fresh cheaper copy of gears 3 with a ton of dlc will be waiting on you.

minx

So yeah I went to gamestop and bought it. Not sure what exactly I'm going to do with the amazon copy yet. Well worth it.

Quick question Gaf, I just know i'm going to break and end up buying the LE console today I just want to know is there a limit on how many times you can transfer content from one console to another?

Aspiring

So Amazon shipped my order, how long does it take to get emailed the preorder DLC code? Also where does the $20 credit show up on my amazon account?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Aspiring said:
So Amazon shipped my order, how long does it take to get emailed the preorder DLC code? Also where does the $20 credit show up on my amazon account?
Next time you make a purchase, it will be applied automatically. should get an email today or tomorrow for the kantus

Nelo Ice

Banned
Aspiring said:

code should be emailed today and promo credit shows up 1-2 days after ur order ships if it doesnt then email amazon and the credit doesnt show up anywhere, it only shows up at checkout for any eligible item u order.

Mr Solo Dolo said:
Quick question Gaf, I just know i'm going to break and end up buying the LE console today I just want to know is there a limit on how many times you can transfer content from one console to another?
Last I remembered, max of once a year. You can transfer every year if you like.

Moaradin said:
So the adam fenix comes with all the special editions. What about the weapon skin pack?
The Infected Omen is only in the Epic Edition.

1jlxy1.jpg

Lets do this! :)

ShogunX

Moaradin said:
So the adam fenix comes with all the special editions. What about the weapon skin pack?

Adam Fenix comes with both special editions of the game and the console. The infected Omen skin pack comes with the console and apparently the Gears controllers.

DanielJr82

Finished Act I, awesome game so far.

I went to my BestBuy Midnight Launch, great experience with swag and other freebies. I didn't get a Mechanic Baird code, though! I didn't notice until I got home. So they're e-mailing them? I haven't received anything yet. Either way no big deal, loving the game so far. I'll continue tomorrow, I have to get up in two hours, lol. :p

-Edit-
Achievements this time around seem very doable. Unlike the previous two games, I remember some really annoying ones I never bothered to complete.

Jesus this game is like a treat from heaven, everything about it. Whatever Epic's next project is, well damn I can't fucking wait. Anyways, back to gears!

TheOddOne

'Gears of War 3' campaign DLC won't have Marcus, Dom or Cole
Gears of War 3's main characters won't appear in future single player downloadable content, says Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski.

Bleszinski has confirmed that Epic Games plans to extend the single player campaign with future downloadable content. However, series leads Marcus, Dom and Cole will not be playable.

"We have some DLC that's coming up," Bleszinski told The Telegraph. "We've confirmed we'll be doing campaign DLC.

"One thing I can tell you is that you're not going to see Marcus or Dom or Cole in it."

Bleszinski referred to downloadable content such as Grand Theft Auto 4's 'Lost and the Damned' and 'The Ballad of Gay Tony', or Borderlands' 'Mad Moxie's Underdome Riot' as examples of what Epic Games hopes to accomplish with Gears of War 3.

Epic Games had previously announced the Gears of War 3 Season Pass, which will provide access to the game's first four downloadable content packs released over the next year.

Guess I'll be picking this up a little early. Was going to register for my classes this year today, but circumstances (i.e. the student administration having the most retarded working hours imaginable) have moved that up to tomorrow.

Oh well, that means more Gears 3 before my date tonight. :lol Is this real life?

Aspiring

dmg04 said:
Next time you make a purchase, it will be applied automatically. should get an email today or tomorrow for the kantus

Awesome thanks for that mate! So I will just wait before I make my next purchase.

Full Recovery said:
I already got the lambency achievement.

I did it days ago, quite soon after getting the game. I'm afraid it's not going to be very rare at all, I guess everyone of us that got the game early have it so it's going to spread fast.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh god. Well, the torch has passed from Gears 1 ---> Gears 3. Gears 3 is now going to reign supreme. I just spent five hours playing it with my two gears peoples, and my god was it just as fun as I had hoped, if not more. Got through Act 1 then got to MP. Goddamn, I LOVE the gnasher. Everything is just so beautifully balanced, and I love the changes made to Thrashball, makes it much better.

Man, this shit is incredible, really what we deserved after that abomination that was Gears 2 MP. I'm happy.

Oh, and are we going to be getting more maps? If so, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom