• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
could you imagine how bad this game would be with perks like 10% faster roadie running? The game barely works as it is

They should have had kill streaks as well. Calling in Brumaks, Reavers and Berserkers all at once. Instead of a nuke, they could hammer the whole level.

You better pay me for these ideas, Cliff.

Brakara

The upcoming Gears weekday event sounds interesting:

#GearsWeekday is going to be Brothers to the End - Execution style. Lancer/Gnasher start w custom damage. 4v4 with max party size of 2

Current plan is BTTE Exe with no active reload damage buff for lancer or shotgun, active reload just makes it reload fast

malfcn

I never understood the point of giving players that already shit on people more ways to shit on people, more easily.

bimet

Hey guys

Can we create a brand new list going for the remaining people that still play regularly?

My friends have stopped playing and I find nobody is on the current lists.

I like this idea.

I finally got around to buying the season pass. I'm up for anything whenever I'm online. Gamertag is the same as my name here.

malfcn

Also, Epic doesn't like people trolling them..how about don't troll the players with ridiculous achievements and medal requirements. Seriously 3.0 will probably be had by .001% of players.

Oh, man. Going for that ill-timed mantle-kick, only to see them slowly back away and slowly saunter back up to you with their shotgun as you land. I think that's the most embarrassing way to die in this game.

malfcn

Oh, man. Going for that ill-timed mantle-kick, only to see them slowly back away and slowly saunter back up to you with their shotgun as you land. I think that's the most embarrassing way to die in this game.

Most of the time I either mantle-kick them and nothing happens, or I am outside of mantle-kick range they I get stunned. This game..when it works..and when it doesn't.

Lingitiz

Any Gears 1/2 vets hate TDM? I really can't stand playing it without a team, its just too hectic and I end up getting alot of cheap deaths by surprise. When I have a team I know I enjoy it, but with randoms it gets really frustrating. I usually just play Warzone/Execution now, the lack of respawns makes it way easier to get a feel of where everyone is on the map.

malfcn

This game is broken. Why are people having "protection" in the middle of maps in the middle of battles?

Just threw ink on someone and they are stunned...5 shotgun shots from close and nada. :D

Robot Pants

The upcoming Gears weekday event sounds interesting:

lol. jesus christ.
So what Gears should have been since the beginning?

Any Gears 1/2 vets hate TDM?
Can't stand the mode. I never play it. I (or I should say WHEN I played this game) I played Alpha or just Warzone/Execution.
TDM has never been what Gears is about. I don't care what anyone says - especially people who couldn't hack it in Gears 1 but love Gears 3 - the mode was made to grab more casual players.

LosDaddie

Banned
TDM has never been what Gears is about. I don't care what anyone says - especially people who couldn't hack it in Gears 1 but love Gears 3 - the mode was made to grab more casual players.

It's one of my favorite MP modes :/

Hey guys

Can we create a brand new list going for the remaining people that still play regularly?

My friends have stopped playing and I find nobody is on the current lists.

I like this idea

TDM blows. I play KOTH when I want balls-to-the-wall action without any pauses, TDM's respawn limit is just a buzzkill.

When I want teeth-grinding tactical gameplay, I'll play Warzone. Unfortunately they put Warzone (beautiful) in with Execution (fuck exec. rules)...

TDM blows. I play KOTH when I want balls-to-the-wall action without any pauses, TDM's respawn limit is just a buzzkill.

When I want teeth-grinding tactical gameplay, I'll play Warzone. Unfortunately they put Warzone (beautiful) in with Execution (fuck exec. rules)...

I like TDM because of the combination of warzone and execution rules. You can kill from afar, and also get up on your own.

Brakara

Any Gears 1/2 vets hate TDM? I really can't stand playing it without a team, its just too hectic and I end up getting alot of cheap deaths by surprise.

Not a vet, but for me it's the complete opposite. Can't imagine playing Warzone/Execution with randoms, since those modes are tailor-made for team coordination.

But TDM has been a bit campy lately, so KOTH is currently my favorite mode. Wall-to-wall action fits me nicely.

mernst23

I like TDM because it's the only mode I can consistently K/D over 1 with an absolute shit team. Granted on games I own I can get like 15-0, 14-2; but that's why I can only play execution or alpha in bursts, because as soon as I get a shit team and I have a 3-4 game or a 4-4 game with my teams going o-fer I get all ragey.

Double D

Finally got around to playing the SP over the weekend and finished it last night. I'm kind of amazed at how much I enjoyed the campaign. I haven't played the second game in a while, but I don't recall it being as great as 3. Diverse environments all up in this bitch. Hardcore was pretty damn easy, though. I'm glad I went with that over the default setting.

Brakara

Kabuto

YESSSS.gif

I had a feeling the dlc would go on sale soon. Raam's Shadow and Horde Command Pack for me!

TRios Zen

Any Gears 1/2 vets hate TDM? I really can't stand playing it without a team, its just too hectic and I end up getting alot of cheap deaths by surprise. When I have a team I know I enjoy it, but with randoms it gets really frustrating. I usually just play Warzone/Execution now, the lack of respawns makes it way easier to get a feel of where everyone is on the map.

I've been playing Gears MP since the original and I've gotten used to TDM; however you are absolutely right that playing TDM, as a lone wolf, can be very frustrating. That is why so many people liked the "we are all stranded" playlist I think.

The glorious thing about TDM is that if you get surprised by some corner-camping, sawed-off carrying, douche, you have more lives left in that round to hunt that little fuck down and execute him nice and slow-like when he blows his load too soon and you can pummel him with your gnasher...

Lot of anger in that comment I think...HAHA.

I like TDM because of the combination of warzone and execution rules. You can kill from afar, and also get up on your own.

Funny, I don't like TDM because of the warzone rules.

And I HATE that KOTH doesn't have execution rules like Annex did :/ I'm sure they'll fuck Guardian up by setting execution rules to everyone except the leader or something, just for the(ir) lulz.

Does that make it cheaper than the original season pass or not?

malfcn

Love this game:

*Booooomdies*
"Grenade!"
*beepbeepbeep*

Uhh...the grenade wasn't visible..and all the dialogue/indicators were after.

Or I mantle kick people, shot them and then go into a stunned state. :D

I am standing next to a planted grenade. Guy runs up and tags me. Runs away and grenade never goes off. :O

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Ran into a glitch on Anvil. Apparently I was under the map at the locust spawn but everything look normal to me. Shit was funny because they couldn't shoot me, but I could shoot them. Lol

Ended up killing most of them

Edit- and btw Zeta playlist is live.

Zeta: Max party size: 2 Games: 4v4 Execution Changes: *Lancer, Gnasher Start *No stopping power *No Active damage boost

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ran into a glitch on Anvil. Apparently I was under the map at the locust spawn but everything look normal to me. Shit was funny because they couldn't shoot me, but I could shoot them. Lol

Ended up killing most of them

Edit- and btw Zeta playlist is live.

Zeta: Max party size: 2 Games: 4v4 Execution Changes: *Lancer, Gnasher Start *No stopping power *No Active damage boost

If that happens again quit out. If someone records that and reports you, Joe WILL ban you. He's been doing it since GOW 2.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shit thanks for the heads up. I was afk most of that round, so again i have no idea how it happen. Lol

No problem, that's something everyone needs to know, because if that shit happens most people will do like you did and fuck some shit up, and it could result in a BS ban.

malfcn

Earlier was fine, now it's all ass.

What is with the rubber-banding in this game? You get away from a fight and around a corner and then you're down in the middle of nowhere?

Downing people and point-blank shotty or a clip of hammy not finishing it off? What is this shit?

I love the game, but keep on having to hate it with the consistent garbage. It should be the other way, consistently good.

Why do I not have the same luck as others getting put on smooth servers?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Earlier was fine, now it's all ass.

What is with the rubber-banding in this game? You get away from a fight and around a corner and then you're down in the middle of nowhere?

Downing people and point-blank shotty or a clip of hammy not finishing it off? What is this shit?

I love the game, but keep on having to hate it with the consistent garbage. It should be the other way, consistently good.

Why do I not have the same luck as others getting put on smooth servers?

You seem to experience this issue more than anyone else. What's our setup like? Wireless? Cable? What speed? Where do you live?

malfcn

You seem to experience this issue more than anyone else. What's our setup like? Wireless? Cable? What speed? Where do you live?

Wired setup. Only 2Mb, but that should be fine. In the Beta it was flawless. And when I played matches with you after release it was flawless too.

Horseshit. The game spawned me, then as soon as my protection was up it spawned an enemy that got to insta-gib me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wired setup. Only 2Mb, but that should be fine. In the Beta it was flawless. And when I played matches with you after release it was flawless too.

Horseshit. The game spawned me, then as soon as my protection was up it spawned an enemy that got to insta-gib me.

That's weird.

Season Pass, before the game even came out.
I probably just bitch too much.

p.s. Got mantle kicked from around a corner.

Nah, I don't think so. I'm on a 6MB wired connection with 50ms ping at 300+ miles... The spawns being broken and unfair in most modes, mantle kick not working at 3 inches but working at 6 feet randomly, and the game working MUCH better during the beta and a little better when it came out are all true, not bitching.

Funny how they do a cool playlist with the things I'd like to see, no actives and no stopping power for Lancer and Gnasher, fucking glorious!... when I don't have gold and right when I'm getting a new console.

I still think that that or something similar should've been a permanent playlist, much like CoD's hardcore playlists, the only ones where I had some fun... I guess Epic only wants to copy the casual and money-making part of the franchise :)

Top Bottom