• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

Computron

YESSSS.gif

I had a feeling the dlc would go on sale soon. Raam's Shadow and Horde Command Pack for me!

Even with the sale, don't you still save more with the season pass? there are only 2 things on sale for %30 and %33 off.

Is RAAM's Shadow worth it? I really liked the campaign, so it does seem a bit tempting, especially next week at $10.

If I had to side with one end of the spectrum, I would say that I hated it. It's just boring, but then again, I think GoW as an SP game is quite boring.

Kabuto

Even with the sale, don't you still save more with the season pass? there are only 2 things on sale for %30 and %33 off.

yeah I would but I already bought Fenix Rising. so I'm basically just spending $7 for the Horde Command Pack now. still a good deal!

malfcn

Having a better time tonight, but there is still bullshit that gets old.

Full clip of lancer in someone and they skip away. But 2 seconds from someone else and I am dead.
Or throwing ink, shooting them and they never go down but one shot me? Puh-lease.

At least it is less drama tonight though.

One of my peeves is downing someone and then emptying a clip into their carcass, blood and splatters and them not dieing.
And recently pulling the trigger and the gun just doing anything.

God, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with RAAM's Shadow but I just got my fourth glitch where it kicked me back to the start of the fourth chapter when I died part-way through it. I got into city hall, cleared the first floor, and got downed on the second floor. I hadn't noticed until then that everyone else hasn't bothered to join me, they're all in cover by the staircase. I died crawling over to them and again the "reload last checkpoint" option is grayed out, all I can do is restart the entire chapter.

The last time this happened was over a month ago and I haven't touched the campaign since. Finally got the urge to give it another go and the same fucking thing happens again. At this point I guess I'll just play through it on easy or something just to see the content I've paid for.

Edit: I didn't realize it was on sale, for anyone looking to buy it, it's pretty good (or the first three and a half chapters are, anyway, can't comment on the home stretch). I got the season pass but I'd say it's definitely worth $10. It is the worst Act of campaign though, and by a good margin. It's very predictable, in one section in particular you only fight one enemy type at a time. You fight some wretches, then some tickers, then some locust, etc. At one point after fighting a sort of semi-boss and walking into a large room I though "I guess this is the berserker fight" and low and behold...

It's still fun though, and while the novelty wears out pretty quick due to his limited set of actions, playing as RAAM is pretty cool. And there's potentially an amazing end to it.

Even though I'm pretty frustrated I do still want to see it through, and playing with other people will make the repetition more tolerable. I won't be on much during the week but if anyone who gets RS during the sale wants to co-op this weekend my GT is Dinner Cat.

TRios Zen

Having a better time tonight, but there is still bullshit that gets old.

Full clip of lancer in someone and they skip away. But 2 seconds from someone else and I am dead.
Or throwing ink, shooting them and they never go down but one shot me? Puh-lease.

At least it is less drama tonight though.

One of my peeves is downing someone and then emptying a clip into their carcass, blood and splatters and them not dieing.
And recently pulling the trigger and the gun just doing anything.

We have the same connection I think. Strange shit all night last night for me. Was only able to take an hour of it before my frustration level out-weighed my enjoyment. Seemed like somebody could just show me their gun and my guy would go down, but I could empty entire clips into them with seemingly no effect. Frustrating.

Got to the point where I was so frustrated, I started making stupid mistakes, which just added to my frustration. So I quit before I had a massive coronary.

the game is barely playable here in Croatia. Terrible lag, just terrible. (20/1.2MBit connection, average ~50 ping towards Germany/UK).
What the fuck Epic? Where are those dedi servers?

Addnan

the game is barely playable here in Croatia. Terrible lag, just terrible. (20/1.2MBit connection, average ~50 ping towards Germany/UK).
What the fuck Epic? Where are those dedi servers?

Have you got the DLC? Dedis only work if you have DLC, unless you play in players choice playlist.

mernst23

Zeta mode is fucking sweet. Had some really good games last night, tons of people on their mics. Also managed to pick up my SOS Onyx earlier in the night, 12 to go.

Kabuto

wow I don't know if it's my Xbox or not, but every time I try to play my Gears 3 disc, it says "Failed To Authorize Disc". I even bought a new copy and it does it to both. Any help?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I wanted to try it, but no one is playing it(ranked) at least in Europe. :\

There were about 200 on last night in the U.S ranked.

The games we got were glorious.

I thought I would miss stopping power, but I really don't. Now I can see how much of a crutch it is for bad players.

Hey my wife and I are on playing beast. We're on most weekends lately. So if you'd like to play with us tonight.. awesome, send us a message. If you want to play with us in the future, send a friend request.

Gamertags:

yankeeh8er

Mrs B0B L0BLAW

(the O's in bob loblaw are actually ZEROs)

Dosia

Anyone else getting sick of playing against ppl with modded
controllers? Seems like ppl using fast firing hammer bursts is showing up more and more now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone else getting sick of playing against ppl with modded
controllers? Seems like ppl using fast firing hammer bursts is showing up more and more now.

I'm sure some are modded, but I'd bet most aren't. It isn't hard to fire fast.

That said, this is another reason I like zeta. No cheap ass hammer bursts. The days of claiming "hammer burst" is for skilled people is gone. That gun downs fast as hell in anyone's hands.

Dosia

It is easy to tell when someone is using a modded controller. I can move my finger faster then the gun can shoot and I have been encountering ppl that just spray and down you in the blink of an eye. I wish the hammer burst was the same as the gears 1 version.

anyone know when the marketplace updates for the sales?

Seems to be up now.
I got excited when I saw weapon skins were discounted. Then I realized the sale only applies to two skins. Team Metal (the only skin I wanted) is still a rip off at 320 MSP, so it looks like I wont be getting it.
All weapon skins should be permanently discounted IMO. I hope whoever set the original, ridiculous prices for them, got fired.

mernst23

I'm burning out on the onyx boosting. I have to start getting creative and mixing up which of the four remaining kill medals (retro/hammy/lancer/gnasher) i'm exclusively boosting, but either way rifle boosting is so boring. I need forces of nature to come (or at least know the achievement list) so I can finish out my last beast and 2 horde onyx's to break up this monotony.

deviant1

It's amazing how much of a mess this game is right now compared to the beta and launch period. I quit 5 out of 6 games I tried tonight since the amount of lag induced bullshit was unbelievable. I bought the season pass but I doubt I'll even bother with DLC4 I'm so sick of this garbage.

How did this happen? Three COD's are beating it out as of last week. Sad sad sad.

Call of Duty has become a monster. A bigger one than Halo ever was. They crank out a game every year and no matter how rehashed it is, everyone eats it up.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Have you got the DLC? Dedis only work if you have DLC, unless you play in players choice playlist.

Wait, seriously? I downloaded the "booster pack" a few nights ago, and it said in the item description "this lets you play on dedicated servers", if I'm remembering it right. That's not true? If so, that is incredibly weak.

How did this happen? Three COD's are beating it out as of last week. Sad sad sad.

I think people are just sick of the glitchiness I guess, seems to never end. I love the franchise, but after buying all 3 games and almost all of the DLC like most Gears fans, it's amazing how Epic still can't get it right.

I couldn't even get 20 bucks for the game. Ended up settling on 18.

TRios Zen

Regarding COD...keep that shit out of my Gears! I'm sure Epic/MS would love for Gears to draw COD numbers, but I feel that if they changed it enough to pull in that crowd, it would stop being the game I love (and love to hate).

EscaGAYtion. What a shit fucking map.

BRING BACK OVERPASS!

It's only bad because of the Spawn Switching. Honestly went from up 5 respawns to tied because we rolled that other team down by 'nades and they all respawned right on us, with freaking spawn protection of course. WTF? Otherwise I don't mind escalation though...gets me all nostalgic and stuff. Plus you MUST be out of your mind if you want overpass back! I can honestly say I haven't missed a single thing about that map!

this game is dead, no point in making more dlc.

When did it go and die on me? I was just on last night and had a pretty decent run. I'd guess your mileage will vary by where you are in the world and what gametype you prefer, but TDM in the US is always pretty active when I play.

Top Bottom