• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

Yeah, but when the tornado sweeps through, man it's awesome. The warning sirens blare, the wind howls, the trees look like they're about to topple over, a thin layer of dust sweeps up, etc., it's so cool.

Ha. WELL. I certainly don't recall seeing any of that; must've been unfortunate timing. I'll have to get back to you.

J-Roderton

Can someone help me with this Season Pass stuff. My buddy has everything paid for or whatever and has not downloaded anything yet. Is there a way to just download the maps so we can hop into multiplayer instead of downloading everything one at a time. We went to marketplace and it was prompting him to pay for the stuff instead of including it in the season pass. From the main menu in gears it takes us to the downloads but it's only doing one at a time. We just want to pick the maps.

Can someone help me with this Season Pass stuff. My buddy has everything paid for or whatever and has not downloaded anything yet. Is there a way to just download the maps so we can hop into multiplayer instead of downloading everything one at a time. We went to marketplace and it was prompting him to pay for the stuff instead of including it in the season pass. From the main menu in gears it takes us to the downloads but it's only doing one at a time. We just want to pick the maps.

im pretty sure you have to download everything but raam's shadow. so that's Horde Command Pack, Booster Pack1, Fenix Rising and lastly Forces of Nature.

im pretty sure you have to download everything but raam's shadow. so that's Horde Command Pack, Booster Pack1, Fenix Rising and lastly Forces of Nature.

I don't think he can bypass any DLC when downloading with a season pass. My friend had to download them all a month ago.

doicare

Thank f*ck, i finally got that kill 10 people whilst you're the leader in Guardian achievement, what a joke, it's just as much random luck as it is skill.

Thank f*ck, i finally got that kill 10 people whilst you're the leader in Guardian achievement, what a joke, it's just as much random luck as it is skill.

your best bet is asking another team of 5 to boost. not as bad as foreshadowing though, nobody plays as Minh

your best bet is asking another team of 5 to boost. not as bad as foreshadowing though, nobody plays as Minh

I meet Minh fairly often. Either as a bot or a real player. I got that achievement a long time ago.

10 kills as a leader though... Yeah, not going to happen.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I guess there's a rumor guardian is going to private tomorrow? Don't know if it's confirmed though.

Went HAM in guardian today. Took no prisoners.

This game really needs a theater mode.

doicare

Hhhmmm hard to say, getting the foreshadowing achievement for killing Minh didn't take too long for me.

But yeah i'd definitely recommend boosting this 10 kill Guardian achievement, still even tho it was a pain in the ass to get i'm glad i ended up getting it legit.

I guess there's a rumor guardian is going to private tomorrow? Don't know if it's confirmed though.
Went HAM in guardian today. Took no prisoners.

This game really needs a theater mode.

This would be awesome, purely for the Ivory skin. Unless they still restrict it, however. I hate unlocking shit that I've paid for.

They said Guardian is not going private anytime soon. Never heard of that rumor.

i doubt that rumor too. guardian is more like a temporary mode like alpha, zeta, BTTE, stranded and the weekend events. They're all in the same FoN list. I bet Epic would have to do a big TU for Guardian to become a standard mode. right now it really does feel like a CTL variation, the only difference is the ability to kill the leaders limiting respawns. are true guardian mode from gears2 would remove the arm wave, overhead icons and the leaders ability to see every other opposing player.

JambiBum

So that whole aftermath hammer of dawn thing. It can only be done in private matches after you have done the entire aftermath easter egg. I imagine at some point someone will figure out how to get it into a public match, because hackers, but for now we are safe.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So that whole aftermath hammer of dawn thing. It can only be done in private matches after you have done the entire aftermath easter egg. I imagine at some point someone will figure out how to get it into a public match, because hackers, but for now we are safe.

Uh, my buddies were doing it all day yesterday in public ranked matches. All you have to do is shoot the birds till one explodes, then trigger the tentacle . Once that's done, you've got yourself 3 hammer of dawn strikes.

JambiBum

Uh, my buddies were doing it all day yesterday in public ranked matches. All you have to do is shoot the birds till one explodes, then trigger the tentacle . Once that's done, you've got yourself 3 hammer of dawn strikes.

Oh shit. Had no idea. lol

I just did it and the hammer strikes didn't work. The command posts were there and it said hammer strikes are a go but they never came down. Maybe they fixed it already?

Willeth

Download one at a time and immediately cancel it. Then back out to the dashboard and go to account management and resume the download from there. Then load the game back up and see what it does - it should prompt you to download the next one (if it doesn't, you'll just have to sit through each download). Rinse and repeat. Cancel or reorder the Raam's Shadow download once you've started all four if you want.

EDIT: If anyone wants to get a party together for FR or FoN achievements, I'm on all day.

Montresor

Download one at a time and immediately cancel it. Then back out to the dashboard and go to account management and resume the download from there. Then load the game back up and see what it does - it should prompt you to download the next one (if it doesn't, you'll just have to sit through each download). Rinse and repeat. Cancel or reorder the Raam's Shadow download once you've started all four if you want.

EDIT: If anyone wants to get a party together for FR or FoN achievements, I'm on all day.

I'm down for that. Gamertag is LordOdadjian.

Montresor

Anyone want to go through the new maps on beast? I'm looking for that Natural Selection achievement but even on casual beast is so boring, tedious, and difficult when you're playing alone.

Hey everyone. New to the Gears Community thread, looked stuff up online; couldn't find much about it, but there seems to be something funny going on with Horde this weekend; nothing but Boomers, polyps, lambet drones, Gunkers on non-boss waves, even wave 5! It's been fun as hell, but is this an event for April Fools weekend or something?

Am I out of the loop?

Jaguar

Hey everyone. New to the Gears Community thread, looked stuff up online; couldn't find much about it, but there seems to be something funny going on with Horde this weekend; nothing but Boomers, polyps, lambet drones, Gunkers on non-boss waves, even wave 5! It's been fun as hell, but is this an event for April Fools weekend or something?

Am I out of the loop?

Yeah it's the weekend event for April Fools' Day.

http://epicgames.com/community/2012/03/gears-weekend-go-glowie/

Stronger enemies more often (Boomers on wave 1, etc.)

abracadaver

Now that the 4 DLC's are out what do you think of the season pass ?

I'm a bit dissapointed and expected more. RAAM's Shadow definately has the best value as its rather long and well done.

DLC1 just unlocked what was already on the disc.
Fenix Rising gave us the option to re-up. Thats nice and all but in games like call of duty (where they got the idea from) its already included.
Forces of nature gave us guardian back, but again thats a mode that was already in gears 2 and they just removed it from gears 3 and are now selling it back. Cant even play private.
All the weapon skins are just recoloured variants of those that shipped with the game. Half of the dlc characters (4 of them) are just the recoloured pre order characters.
We got 15 new maps (5 of them were free though)

Yeah. I dont regret buying the season pass. I was just hoping for more content.

Jaguar

If all the DLC's were sold separately (if season pass didn't exist), I probably would've waited for RAAM's Shadow to go on sale. I like it and I got all the achievements for it, but I feel that $15 was too much. All the maps released I really like though.

Brakara

Yeah. I dont regret buying the season pass. I was just hoping for more content.

What more did you expect for 30 bucks (especially compared to those $15 CoD map packs)? It gave you 15 maps, a 3-hour campaign, lots of characters and weapon skins as well as some additional Horde fortifications (and more). The first DLC was not that good, but the others were all great (IMHO).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What more did you expect for 30 bucks (especially compared to those $15 CoD map packs)? It gave you 15 maps, a 3-hour campaign, lots of characters and weapon skins as well as some additional Horde fortifications (and more). The first DLC was not that good, but the others were all great (IMHO).

They were great aside from the last two which just age recolored preorder characters instead of new characters.

mernst23

Dunno why there is so much hate for DLC1, for people who play a lot of horde the upgrades were awesome. DLC3 is probably the biggest ripoff, considering after the maps all it gave us was something that should've been in the game already. What's even worse is that anyone who was 100+ before DLC3 lost their progress. Talk about sticking it to your early adopter fans.

They did the same thing in Gears 2 when they released the ranking up system with TU3 in march which was like 4-5 months after release. Completely wiped the slate clean for anyone who bought the game early.

Top Bottom