• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT2| Ashes to Ashes, Peer to Peer

TRios Zen

Two days without a post here? WTF, Gears Gaf, where are you?

So anyone have any advice for Depths? I kind of think that map is ass, but maybe it's just because I don't really have a flow for the best places to protect/guard there.

Seems like all power weapons have their limitations so I'm always just roaming around looking for a kill.

It's kinda weird. I LOVED Gears 3 for the most part, but lack of time (college, mostly) stopped me from playing for a long time. Haven't even started the campaign on insane yet and neither have I finished a full horde game or even played coop! Maybe I should team up with a few of you sometime.

Title Update 4 being released tomorrow.

We are set to release Title Update 4 for Gears of War 3 tomorrow morning at 2:00 AM PT. Once the update is live you will automatically be prompted to download it if you are playing Gears of War 3 while connected to Xbox LIVE. Read our full list of release notes and be sure to join us Wednesday night (3/21) for a live stream with Epic Games Director of Production Rod Fergusson. Rod will be talking about the upcoming DLC, “Forces of Nature.” The stream will start at 5:00 PM ET on the Epic Games Twitch.TV page. Read more about the stream HERE.

Here are the release notes of Title Update 4.

IMPROVEMENTS

-- Savage Drone and Savage Grenadier can now “swat” turn in Beast mode
-- Spectator mode now starts viewing a player instead of a battle camera
-- Alternate control users in multiplayer will no longer look at DBNO characters when pressing R3
-- The crosshair for the Longshot and Hammerburst will now show an X if a shot is obstructed.
-- KOTH – ring locators are now visible in spectator mode
-- KOTH – some hill locations have been adjusted

BUG FIXES

-- The Onyx Guard decoy in Horde will not drop his rifle after exhausting the Vulcan ammo
-- Clients will no longer be stuck with a “Waiting For Players” message up if the host quits Horde during the progression screen
-- Chainsaw audio loop will now persist for listeners who leave the audible range and re-enter it
-- Fixed some instances where special event ribbons would not be properly awarded
-- COG pistol firing rate has been adjusted to be equal on host and clients
-- The Flaming Retro Lancer is now available for attendees of the first special event
-- Fixed some issues fixed related to the destruction of meatbags
-- The Slab start up screen no longer has debug text
-- After a host migration in Horde, the waves will no longer go past 50
-- Cover near the elevator on Hotel no longer allows players to lean outside of the visible area
-- Grenade throwers that are killed mid-throw will receive credit for any kills that grenade causes
-- Silverback will be disabled if hit by a smoke grenade when the driver is in the middle of the exit animation

abracadaver

Pretty useless update. They said this will be a BIG update but there is not a single thing in it that I care about.

I was hoping for stuff like fixing anthonys voice or making more room for playlists so that warzone and execution can be seperated again. Meh

TRios Zen

It's kinda weird. I LOVED Gears 3 for the most part, but lack of time (college, mostly) stopped me from playing for a long time. Haven't even started the campaign on insane yet and neither have I finished a full horde game or even played coop! Maybe I should team up with a few of you sometime.

Campaign on Insane is not all that hard actually, until the final boss. THAT is a real pain in the ass. Honestly, only way I found to do it without getting "I want to slit my wrists frustrated" was to play on insane with a buddy playing on casual. Cheap, but so is that boss! I haven't played campaign in months though, I'm a TDM/KOTH player myself.

Pretty useless update. They said this will be a BIG update but there is not a single thing in it that I care about.

I was hoping for stuff like fixing anthonys voice or making more room for playlists so that warzone and execution can be seperated again. Meh

I hadn't heard about this yet - edit - whoops, thanks to eternalenigma for sharing! I'm with you though, some nice to know it's being addressed stuff in here, but nothing that looks exciting at all.

You know I actually heard about this but between work and tee-ball practice for son (I steal some internet time at work for GAF) that it seems like if it doesn't happen between 10-12 at night (Central time) I'm probably not able to catch it.

Hopefully new DLC will reinvigorate this thread, maybe we just need something new to bitch about??

-PXG-

I haven't played Gears much mainly because I have a huge back log of games. Plus working full time and having a life gets in the way too.

I mean, if I could, I'd just play this game all day, but sadly, I can't.

TRios Zen

I haven't played Gears much mainly because I have a huge back log of games. Plus working full time and having a life gets in the way too.

I mean, if I could, I'd just play this game all day, but sadly, I can't.

You haven't played it as much 'cause you burned yourself out on it first few weeks - HAHA, if recall - you hit level 100 in a week, right??

No but seriously, I hear you. I get about 2 hours a night to play after kids & wife go to bed and before I'm too tired to function. In that 2/night I have to play everything I want too...that's why I sold my PS3 - not because I didn't like it, but because between Gears and my 360 backlog, I never found time to play.

Sucks having responsibilities.

Thanks to Deus Ex: HR, my spartan game catalogue is no more. 2 games, bitches.

Whole.

Games.

That's not to say that I wouldn't be happy playing Gears 3 until the 720 comes out, 'cause I totally would, but I'm pretty happy to finally have another game that has and continues to capture my attention. The cover system has nothing on the king, though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
that reminds me... did everything work out for you? I know you had some shit happen but you never said what exactly. Hope all is well.

Yeah, check my tweets if you want to know more. Not really a gaf type of thing. Appreciate the concern though.

TRios Zen

you can always watch the archived version of the stream. every Q/A is currently sitting at http://www.twitch.tv/epicgamesinc to be watched at your leisure.(scroll down)

Hey thanks for this - will check out tonight.

That's not to say that I wouldn't be happy playing Gears 3 until the 720 comes out, 'cause I totally would, but I'm pretty happy to finally have another game that has and continues to capture my attention. The cover system has nothing on the king, though.

You know, I was playing ME3 last night, and wishing I could wall bounce around those fools. If Shepard could move as fluidly as the Gears characters...

Hell, give me a lancer and gnasher and I would take some fools OUT in the ME universe.

alexel

You know, I was playing ME3 last night, and wishing I could wall bounce around those fools. If Shepard could move as fluidly as the Gears characters...

Hell, give me a lancer and gnasher and I would take some fools OUT in the ME universe.

Haha I had the exact same though and was just imagining how awesome it would be to wall bounce the entire time I was playing ME3.

Haha. God, that would look stupid. It's actually laughable how much better Gears' cover system is than those of its contemporaries. I guess that's the reward you reap when you're the pioneer and do nothing but fine-tune a mechanic over the span of 3 games.

Deus Ex's is actually pretty good in the sense that it does what you want it to 99% of the time; where it pales in comparison is intuitive movement and speed.

Anyway, playing DX:HR a lot recently has got me thinking:

Stealth in a GoW game... Yay or nay?

TRios Zen

Haha. God, that would look stupid. It's actually laughable how much better Gears' cover system is than those of its contemporaries. I guess that's the reward you reap when you're the pioneer and do nothing but fine-tune a mechanic over the span of 3 games.

Deus Ex's is actually pretty good in the sense that it does what you want it to 99% of the time; where it pales in comparison is intuitive movement and speed.

Anyway, playing DX:HR a lot recently has got me thinking:

Stealth in a GoW game... Yay or nay?

I haven't played DX:HR yet - it's still wrapped and awaiting defiling at my house, but as for STEALTH in GOW, I say HELL NO! My experience with stealth is that if it is done half-assed, it kind of sucks, and if it is done really well, then you don't need the full frontal assault that GOW excels at. Just my two cents.

Midnight looks pretty good I think. I don't play a lot of Guardian, though I might have to for Ivory, that is a hot looking skin there.

AWESOME! You can always count on the amazing designers at Epic to uphold the sacred bastions of artistic sensibility and appropriate colour combination. I can not even begin to tell you how long I've been waiting for a dijon mustard having sex with vomit in a tornado weapon skin.

FUCK. I love you guys. Thanks heaps.

Hype, Major League and Ivory are actually very swish.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
AWESOME! You can always count on the amazing designers at Epic to uphold the sacred bastions of artistic sensibility and appropriate colour combination. I can not even begin to tell you how long I've been waiting for a dijon mustard having sex with vomit in a tornado weapon skin.

FUCK. I love you guys. Thanks heaps.

Hype, Major League and Ivory are actually very swish.

I'm gonna rock Liquid orange with Liquid green.

lush

I swear, Mexicans are the only people playing this game anymore. Seriously, every game I've hopped in to today has been running off of Mexican host. Glad the majority of the player base has dropped the SOS finally.

Montresor

Just hopping in to state that I love that the new fortification achievement is based off the original retail maximums. I've passed those a LOOOOONG time ago. =D

Ballistik

I swear, Mexicans are the only people playing this game anymore. Seriously, every game I've hopped in to today has been running off of Mexican host. Glad the majority of the player base has dropped the SOS finally.

A mi tambien no me gusta cuando la mayoria de con los que juego son de Mexico, especialmente en Gears 2 cuando no habia servidores dedicados y todos en el juego tenian ese ventaja de anfitrion.

I wonder why there's such an appeal for this game in Mexico.

lush

Just ran into a team using nothing but SOS. Blows my mind that anyone ever tried to defend that shit. Felt good winning.

KOTH on Rustlung(the worst fucking map, "let's throw a Silverback on a multiplayer map")

i just found out that Murdok from the A-Team is the voice of Chairman Prescott. Pretty crazy.
His wiki says he even did some voice acting in Baldurs Gate 2

murdoch+a+team+290x400.jpg

Top Bottom