• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Vorheez

So, we all know that "hitching" is a problem, but what about any significant lag problems? I brought this up earlier and nobody reaffirmed my complaint by revealing similar problems. Can I get an idea of how many other people experience crippling lag during horde?

And yes, I know the difference between the hitching issue and general connection/lag issues. I'm also not experiencing connection issues on any other title, so it's not on my end neither.

Welcome to the franchise, its one of my favorites! :) (Except for the Windows 10/Gears 4 gong show I'm experiencing.) The game itself is great so far on Xbox One, but I cannot get the PC version to work. :(

You should receive the free game codes in 2 Xbox Live messages, most likely a few days after you buy the game. You should get Gears 1 & 2 codes in one message, 3 and Judgment in the other. At least that is how it worked for me for both Gears 1 and 4 Ultimate Editions.
Awesome. Thanks for letting me know! I redeemed the code last Saturday so hopefully I get the messages soon.

I haveplayed 3 hours daily if multi-player since Tuesday and no lags whatsoever

so asking the same question of the friend above, better to buy one elite pack or 3 regular ones?

I haveplayed 3 hours daily if multi-player since Tuesday and no lags whatsoever

so asking the same question of the friend above, better to buy one elite pack or 3 regular ones?

I'm thinking the 1k pack. But I almost want to save my credits inhopes that they will implement a not complete bullshit system sometime soon, but I'm probably being naive.

5 Gears games later and they still have some BS checkpoints. Nothing as bad as Gears 1 but more than a couple of times I've been taken by surprise with how far back the game puts you.

Enjoying the campaign a lot so far. Just reached the beginning of act 4.

3DShovel

Okay I've seen the way, the truth, the life.

The Enforcer is great now that I've figured out how to handle it. Downing all these shotty guys as they rush me. Only using the shotty if I need to make sure i get a kill.

RoKKeR

They should give you one of the Booster packs every time you level up. The fact that you can run out of bounties without buying one of those packs is just silly.

Just wondering if anyone got this bug I just found. Just got to Act IV before quitting the game after
saving Marcus
. Basically Marcus just disappeared on me and the game pretends that he's still there as NPC partners talk to him. It's really weird.

Edit: Restarted the chapter and fixed it. I guess never mind.

Can't wait to pick this up! It's the first Gears I didn't grab on launch day, which was hard for me to do. Makes me feel like I'm getting old! I just decided the responsible thing to do is wait a little while for the first price drop since I tend to mostly go for the campaign and only a very small amount of horde/multiplayer.

BHK3

Banned
that feeling when 3 packs in a row only contain emblems and no skins of any kind

disappointment is real. I've yet to get a colorful shotgun or any shotgun skin >:|

all I get are skins for guns I never use and emblems... mostly emblems. I have SO many emblems

Is this your first game with purchasable cosmetics? You're supposed to use guns/characters you hate to get the stuff you actually want, idk what games don't work like this. It's supposed to 'entice you to use new stuff'.

Dude this game is full of shit players. Playing KOTH and people and just treating it infinite live TDM.

It's basically like playing Overwatch any day of the week. But Gears has always been like this, so, eh.

Problem right now is that there's not much you can do by yourself. In Gears 1 at least you could carry a whole team. Not here.

Every horde game I literally have triple the amount of kills and like 5x the score as the 2nd place guy, with most revives too...Idk what it is I thought long time fans bought this game...

Every horde game I literally have triple the amount of kills and like 5x the score as the 2nd place guy, with most revives too...Idk what it is I thought long time fans bought this game...

Most longtime fans probably already have a group of people they play with.

but yea horde with randoms is awful. played one earlier where this guy kept complaining while doing nothing. im supposed to risk my life to save him because he kept putting himself in the worst positions and going down

RoKKeR

Game certainly has a few issues that are a bit of a nag, but the gameplay tho... as good as Gears has ever been.

tVMWPY1.gif

Love the new vaulting stuff.

Vorheez

Ok, is ANYBODY experiencing connection issues while playing horde? I've asked 3 times now and no one will answer me directly.

I can't play the game I just bought and it's extremely frustrating. I've had to resort to messaging random people that I play with and asking if they have problems, but no one responds.

Is this a documented issue? Frequent and extreme lag while playing horde?

Trojan

I'm getting 3+ min waits for every ranked versus game I'm trying to join (PC). Are others seeing the same thing? I've got a 75mbps internet speed so that shouldn't be a factor.

Ballistik

Ok, is ANYBODY experiencing connection issues while playing horde? I've asked 3 times now and no one will answer me directly.

I can't play the game I just bought and it's extremely frustrating. I've had to resort to messaging random people that I play with and asking if they have problems, but no one responds.

Is this a documented issue? Frequent and extreme lag while playing horde?
Well if nobody is responding it's probably because no, it's not an issue for others. I played today and had zero issues with horde. Check the Gears forums and see if anyone is complaining about it there. Maybe reinstalling the game?

For everyone still having trouble with hitching on Xbox One: the solution they provided with starting 4 different Xbox One games and then Gears 4 WORKS. Did it last night and no more hitching in multiplayer, also the menus became butter smooth. How this actually helped is beyond me.

Also, dat feeling when 4 team mates quit horde at level 30 and you find yourself all alone...... Why do people do this sort of stuff?

JimiNutz

Banned
For everyone still having trouble with hitching on Xbox One: the solution they provided with starting 4 different Xbox One games and then Gears 4 WORKS. Did it last night and no more hitching in multiplayer, also the menus became butter smooth. How this actually helped is beyond me.

Also, dat feeling when 4 team mates quit horde at level 30 and you find yourself all alone...... Why do people do this sort of stuff?

Can it literally be ANY games?
360 games and XBLA games included?

Finished chapter 4 today. The atmosphere was amazing. One of the most beautiful games I ever played. Not looking forward to multi player at all. I'm playing the campaign on casual.

Can it literally be ANY games?
360 games and XBLA games included?

I think they said Xbox One games, so I did it with the following: Forza Horizon 3, Doom, Titanfall and Halo 5. Just get to the main menu of the games, quit and start another. It's kinda crazy but sure works.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think they said Xbox One games, so I did it with the following: Forza Horizon 3, Doom, Titanfall and Halo 5. Just get to the main menu of the games, quit and start another. It's kinda crazy but sure works.

Damn.
I'm not sure that I've even got 4 full Xbox One games installed on my Xbox One. I'll have to try with XBLA games as well.

You can also try reinstalling the game. It worked for me and it's been amazing since.

Or this I guess.

Thanks

Ohman, i am having way more fun in the multiplayer compared to the campaign. The whole fast paced gnasher cqc that is going on is way more interesting and fun compared to the slow encounters it feels like the campaign entirely have consisted of so far.

Top Bottom