• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

It's unfortunate that the PC matchmaking is so bad, because I would rather play on my beefy PC.

It seems like it's slowly getting better. Pre-standard edition it was impossible to get into an execution match, I've just played like 3 or 4 in the last hour or so. Takes ~2 minutes to find a match but hey, better than before where it was 2 hours.

Hoping maybe people were just busy with the campaign/playing social while they got used to the controls.

So can anyone explain the currency and crates to me? I had a few at the start which I'm guessing are just for buying the game. Is is just gonna be this super slow grind to get enough to buy another? I'm almost level 20 and I've still not earned enough to buy one yet.

Xyber

It seems like it's slowly getting better. Pre-standard edition it was impossible to get into an execution match, I've just played like 3 or 4 in the last hour or so. Takes ~2 minutes to find a match but hey, better than before where it was 2 hours.

Hoping maybe people were just busy with the campaign/playing social while they got used to the controls.

I'm guessing you are in the US? So far I've not been able to play anything but social, TDM and KOTH in EU. =/

just hopped back into MP again after the weekend and getting pissed at these hitches in gameplay. any fix for this? its already got me killed twice tonight

nOoblet16

I still don't quite like the torque bow charging sound. It's better and more audible than the beta but still low compared to previous games, also the sound when you stick someone needs to be more obvious and loud.

I just came across an article that says you get 500 credits every time you level up. Is that incredibly inaccurate or am I missing something?

I'm level 10 and have like 2.3k credits

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
damn this game can be vicious at times.

ggGF3kz.gif

0racle

I'm mid way through chapter 3. How much longer time wise? Playing on normal. I know it's a weird question but I'm on a time constraint.

BHK3

Banned
Well now my game is crashing on startup and/or crashes after 5 minutes of play and I have zero idea what's causing it. Honeymoon periods over I guess...

I am about to start the campaign, should I go with normal or hardcore? there is no way I will do insane

Go hardcore. It's challenging but fair and there was only one section towards the end that gave my friend and I am issue. We had played all day until then and were tired and needed a rest. The next day we got through it on our first try. Without spoiling anything I'll just say boomshots and torque bows.

I'm replaying the campaign solo now on normal and I'm literally running through it.

Go hardcore. It's challenging but fair and there was only one section towards the end that gave my friend and I am issue. We had played all day until then and were tired and needed a rest. The next day we got through it on our first try. Without spoiling anything I'll just say boomshots and torque bows.

I'm replaying the campaign solo now on normal and I'm literally running through it.

hardcore can get rough in spots but your team is pretty good about reviving you so id say start there.

nice, thanks

Played the Prologue so far and wow it's pretty cool! Didn't understand much due to me never playing the previous games but I have the UE of the first game.

How exactly do we get the other free Gears games? I want to play them in chronological order.

Why are there so many morons in Escalation? I don't get why that mode seems to keep drawing complete idiots.

5 rounds in and two of my teammates have 0 caps and 0 breaks. How incompetent can you be?

3DShovel

Why are there so many morons in Escalation? I don't get why that mode seems to keep drawing complete idiots.

5 rounds in and two of my teammates have 0 caps and 0 breaks. How incompetent can you be?

Dude this game is full of shit players. Playing KOTH and people and just treating it infinite live TDM.

It's basically like playing Overwatch any day of the week. But Gears has always been like this, so, eh.

Problem right now is that there's not much you can do by yourself. In Gears 1 at least you could carry a whole team. Not here.

Are there any control tricks i should know? Like do some weapons have alt fire modes that can be toggled or something? How do you sucessfully tag an enemy player so they show through smoke?

Played the Prologue so far and wow it's pretty cool! Didn't understand much due to me never playing the previous games but I have the UE of the first game.

How exactly do we get the other free Gears games? I want to play them in chronological order.

Welcome to the franchise, its one of my favorites! :) (Except for the Windows 10/Gears 4 gong show I'm experiencing.) The game itself is great so far on Xbox One, but I cannot get the PC version to work. :(

You should receive the free game codes in 2 Xbox Live messages, most likely a few days after you buy the game. You should get Gears 1 & 2 codes in one message, 3 and Judgment in the other. At least that is how it worked for me for both Gears 1 and 4 Ultimate Editions.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any control tricks i should know? Like do some weapons have alt fire modes that can be toggled or something? How do you sucessfully tag an enemy player so they show through smoke?

spot people by pressing the left stick in when you're aiming at them. (people should do this all the time. it's very helpful and you get points)

guns don't have alt modes. active reloads can change the rate of fire a little but that's about it.

How many maps re in this game? Honestly feels like I've only played on 4 or 5 and I'm level 21.

10 but some are a bit samey.

J_Viper

Only messed around with PvP and Horde so far, but I'm digging the hell out of this. The gameplay is sublime. It runs incredibly as well.

They really gotta enable cross-play for PvP, even if it's controller-only. Matchmaking is a bit too long on PC

Hell, I'm using a controller on PC, and I'm doing ok.

Jobbs

Banned
that feeling when 3 packs in a row only contain emblems and no skins of any kind

disappointment is real. I've yet to get a colorful shotgun or any shotgun skin >:|

all I get are skins for guns I never use and emblems... mostly emblems. I have SO many emblems

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So what boxes have people been buying? At 3.3K credits but I'm wondering if the elite ones are really worth that much or if I'm better off with 3 operative ones.

I seem to get stuck at the main menu screen after pressing start on xbox one. How often does this happen to anyone else? Is there a better way to fix it besides quitting the app?

Jobbs

Banned
random ~1 second freezes have caused me to die at least 4 times today (XB1)

hope they fix this soon, this would not be sustainable long term

Jobbs

Banned
I would show you today's highlight reel of xb1 freezes getting me killed, but for some reason it's not letting me share to onedrive. hasn't let me all day. just says failed to share.

Spasm

Controls gripe. Why on Earth didn't they use the spot feature (left stick click) for (late campaign spoiler)
calling air-strikes while piloting the mech
? It's such a pain to do using tournament controls. I have to claw to hit A while trying to aim.

Grisby

Uh, has the coalition said anything about this last update introducing a whooooole bunch of hitching? It blows.
Wonder if they will have seasonal skins and events. The Day of the Dead skins might just be for October.
3 had pumpkin heads if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom