• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Too many fucking OP weapons in this game. Too many. Goddamn it.

The dropshot is the shittest of all. I mean wtf, at least nerf it on competitive.

Too many OP weapons doesn't make any sense. OP means it's far better than anything else to the point where using those other options isn't worth it.

There's nothing OP about the dropshot. You see it coming from a mile away and have plenty of time to avoid it, as it can't change it's trajectory.

Jobbs

Banned
Really gotta hand it to The Coalition.
They made an outstanding game. It looks AMAZING through and through and feels just like Gears. I'm floored and haven't been this happy with a Gears game since 1.
Hats off

It feels kind of like 1 but I think it's better than 1. Coalition has done a great job.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Sadly no. And quitters are abundant.

I don't see why the Coalition just doesn't leave it up to the player to choose if they want to drop into a game already in progress or always start from the beginning. Some players don't care and it would be better than nothing.

Join-in-progress should also be in the multiplayer modes, but just give the incentive for players joining in -- if they lose, it doesn't count against their win/loss and rankings aren't affected. The only issue with that is that there's no rolling lobby.

Iceman829

I love the matchmaking in this game. Searching for match... analyzing skill of players... matching up players. Other team all level 50+, my team 4, 6, 8, 10 and me 56. Fuck off coalition. The other team just ignored my teammates spinning in circles looking at the sky and ran after me.

Xyber

So, Hammerburst nerf incoming when?

It's my go-to weapon right now because it just beats the lancer so hard, especially with active reload going. Barely have to try to down someone. The downside is the lack of ammo, but now that more people are figuring out how strong it is, it's easier to find it lying around.

Strootman

Too many OP weapons doesn't make any sense. OP means it's far better than anything else to the point where using those other options isn't worth it.

There's nothing OP about the dropshot. You see it coming from a mile away and have plenty of time to avoid it, as it can't change it's trajectory.
No. Dropshot is crap. It's too easy to make a kill with that thing. You can't always see it coming. Maybe you are in a fight and suddenly this stupid thing drop from the sky. You can't do nothing, you are screwed. It's a stupid weapon. I hope they nerf it. I play execution btw.

And by "too many OP weapons" I mean that it's too easy to get a kill with every weapon. The fucking boomshot seems a nuclear bomb, if you have it you basically have granted two easy kills unless you are very bad with the game.

Abdozer

So, Hammerburst nerf incoming when?

It's my go-to weapon right now because it just beats the lancer so hard, especially with active reload going. Barely have to try to down someone. The downside is the lack of ammo, but now that more people are figuring out how strong it is, it's easier to find it lying around.

I like the Enforcer myself, pretty easy to down someone trying to rush you with a shotgun. Very fast ROF helps.

The only balancing I'm familiar with is core and I'd say it definitely feels Gears of War 3-esque with quick time to kills across the board.

It's still early days at the moment but I expect changes in the near future.

nOoblet16

Most of my Dropshot deaths and kills have been from the side i.e. outside mine or my enemy's FoV...they never had the chance and that doesn't really make it OP.

If you are getting killed by Dropshot from the front then it's kinda your fault because it's easy to avoid, if you are in cover then the Dropshot user will most likely try to drop it on the cover or to the side so all you have to do is switch...the trajectory can't be switched, it's loud and it's clear atleast from front...making it easy to avoid when it's fired from the front. From the side...as I said already you never had a chance and can't call a weapon OP because you got killed by something you didn't see. Boomshots can do the same, and infact they are far more dangerous from up front than Dropshot.

They really need to make it so you can change bounties before the match starts.

Having character specific bounties when you have no idea if you'll even get to play as humans seems dumb

Jarrod38

YU47JyO.gif

Trojan

PCGaf: are you using a controller or KBM in multiplayer? I've tried both and I'm torn. KPM accuracy is always better but the movement just isn't as good with space bar. But I haven't spent too long in versus so want to hear from others.

icespide

Banned
just finished the campaign. I was really enjoying it during the first 2 acts but wow acts 3 and 4 were tedious slogs to get through. It really fizzled out at the end too

m23

Need 3 people for Horde on normal. If you're down, send a message to my GT under my profile. Better if you have a mic...not looking for serious people, playing for fun.

Going to be playing vs in the meantime.

PCGaf: are you using a controller or KBM in multiplayer? I've tried both and I'm torn. KPM accuracy is always better but the movement just isn't as good with space bar. But I haven't spent too long in versus so want to hear from others.

I prefer KBM, I would rather be able to actually hit my opponent rather than have a dance off

lazerfox

I'm having a blast in multiplayer right now. I never played a lot of MP in GoW 1-3 but I really dig this one.

I use KBM and I'm doing pretty great so far. Headshots are a lot easier and you can turn 180 degrees quicker and more precise to get multi kills with the Gnasher.

Movement feels sometimes weird but you'll get used to it.

Xyber

I like the Enforcer myself, pretty easy to down someone trying to rush you with a shotgun. Very fast ROF helps.

Yeah, the Enforcer is pretty great. But I like my Hammerburst and Gnasher so much that I don't want to get rid of one. :p

I put the cover button on the side of my mouse and kept rolling/running on space, feels better to me and it's definitely easier to do some wallbouncing for me like that. Took a few games to get used to it, but I'm glad I didn't just stick with the default.

Nuke Soda

I am getting so fucking sick of kill stealers in this game. It is an epidemic. It got so bad last night I downed somebody 2 feet from me and before I could execute them a teammate sniped them. Really enjoying my time with the game other than that and the loot chest BS. Earn the 3,500 points only to get shite.

hollomat

Banned
Beat the game. One big complaint I had is I played it solo and every encounter, the enemies seemed to only target me and ignore the other 3 squad members. This was especially annoying during the boss and sub boss battles.

It made using any of the "big" weapons impossible since I wouldn't be able to use cover while using them and every enemy would be focused on me.

KBM with wallbouncing button mapped to a mouse button. Feels so natural. Only problem I'm having is ranked seems to be dead so I'll have to buy an XB1 again to play it.

The amount of games you have to play to get credits to buy anything is a total joke.

Just to open the most basic crate takes hours and hours of games to get enough credits unless you get the 500cred bonus for leveling up.

They need to change that as I don't even feel like I'll ever unlock most of the stuff at this rate, last two crates are just xp boosters.

Xyber

The lack of players is so obvious when you play ranked on PC. It literally can't find people of similar skill when you are onyx and up so to balance out having one or two good players on a team, it just throws in 2-3 people who can barely get a kill on his own.

I keep getting the same awful people on my team who go like 1-10 every single game, it's basically lost as soon as I see those people. Starting to feel pointless to even try playing ranked now. =/

tuna_love

Banned
The lack of players is so obvious when you play ranked on PC. It literally can't find people of similar skill when you are onyx and up so to balance out having one or two good players on a team, it just throws in 2-3 people who can barely get a kill on his own.

I keep getting the same awful people on my team who go like 1-10 every single game, it's basically lost as soon as I see those people. Starting to feel pointless to even try playing ranked now. =/
in Australia you cant even find a ranked game on pc

Jobbs

Banned
Post match team "balancing" seems to just be random. Lose match then not only does the winning team keep their best 2 players but the best player from the losing team gets moved over. Makes no sense.

aBarreras

No. Dropshot is crap. It's too easy to make a kill with that thing. You can't always see it coming. Maybe you are in a fight and suddenly this stupid thing drop from the sky. You can't do nothing, you are screwed. It's a stupid weapon. I hope they nerf it. I play execution btw.

And by "too many OP weapons" I mean that it's too easy to get a kill with every weapon. The fucking boomshot seems a nuclear bomb, if you have it you basically have granted two easy kills unless you are very bad with the game.

welcome to power weapon based multiplayer, it has been always like that

MacAttack

Finished chapter 4 today. The atmosphere was amazing. One of the most beautiful games I ever played. Not looking forward to multi player at all. I'm playing the campaign on casual.
I'm not hating on the game (I loved the campaign!) but the fact that it feels like a really long hallway after a while takes a little bit away from that atmosphere.

prophecy0

just finished the campaign. I was really enjoying it during the first 2 acts but wow acts 3 and 4 were tedious slogs to get through. It really fizzled out at the end too

My friend and I are near the end of Act 3 and I have the exact opposite opinion. Acts 1 and 2 were very monotonous and boring to me (I hated fighting all the DeeBees). Act 3 was a blast all the way through. I'm looking forward to the rest of the game.

aBarreras

Why did they change multiplayer so that you don't just roll with your lobby into the next match

because those are "ranked matches" and ranked needs 10 players to start, im really hating it, i just play social, but when my friends are with me, we play horde instead because we cant play in groups of more than 2 on social, it is fucking stupid

because those are "ranked matches" and ranked needs 10 players to start, im really hating it, i just play social, but when my friends are with me, we play horde instead because we cant play in groups of more than 2 on social, it is fucking stupid

My friends and I usually just pick whatever Core mode we're in the mood for. Perhaps a game of dodgeball, then arms race, then another dodgeball, etc.

3DShovel

Just encountered a pretty strange bug.

Joined a social lobby which mostly had bots. Eventually it filled out, but 3 out of 5 players on my team just... didn't spawn in. Even after the bots died.

I waited a minute or two (it was KOTH) and then just left because it just never spawned us in.

Rookie programming there..

psychotron

Beat the game tonight. Gonna go ahead and say that this is one of my favorite Gears campaigns ever. Some sections went on longer than they needed to, and the forced Horde stuff got annoying, but overall I loved it. Fan service everywhere but they took the story and characters in a different direction that felt fresh. I'm 100% behind future Coalition Gears games.

WHY DO MY AUDIO SETTINGS KEEP RESETTING??

I use headphones and the game is loud by default. I have to change it from 8 to 4 every time I turn on the game :(

aBarreras

My friends and I usually just pick whatever Core mode we're in the mood for. Perhaps a game of dodgeball, then arms race, then another dodgeball, etc.

well yes, but without rolling lobbies and being "ranked" i dont like it, :( i just want to shoot people in the face, i dont wanna be gold or diamond,

how do you grab people from across cover and knife them in the face? feels so cheap

why would be it cheap, if you can counter it?

Jobbs

Banned
why would be it cheap, if you can counter it?

I don't know that it's cheap, but I went up against cover and was promptly pulled over and knifed without much chance to react. I realize this is always a risk in Gears, but usually there's at least some small chance to react to something if someone is in front of you.

Top Bottom