• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Agreed about the Horde stuff without friends -- randoms have no fucking idea what's going on -- not letting Scouts collect the power, soldiers building up foritidications when there's 2 engineers on the team, etc. Does the average person not take a few scant seconds to read class descriptions and skills? Fucking bizarre.

I had a match where an engineer built 15 barriers. Why?

The best part was probably how terribly inefficient he was. Using two barriers for what could have been one if he would have just blocked of the patch after the two entrances.

Also repaired everything every round, so we had no energy at all. At some point me and DutchSlayer just hoarded our energy so we could bring it all back at once and buy actually useful stuff.

I wish I had situations as good as these.

I had a scout not picking up power and an engineer that built nothing besides a weapons locker, a turret and 1 barrier. I forget the map but there's nades that spawn in the middle, torque/embar on one side and mulcher on the other. Anyway he puts the turret where the mulcher spawns and the 1 barrier behind him and that's all he builds

Leyasu

Banned
I wish I had situations as good as these.

I had a scout not picking up power and an engineer that built nothing besides a weapons locker, a turret and 1 barrier. I forget the map but there's nades that spawn in the middle, torque/embar on one side and mulcher on the other. Anyway he puts the turret where the mulcher spawns and the 1 barrier behind him and that's all he builds

There's some proper idiots playing horde.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Man oh man, This game alone has been a truly fantastic reward for buying a 1070.

Cross play is excellent. When I want to play solo and enjoy all the graphical bells and whistles I can do it on PC!!

Joeku

Wait a frigging moment. I got this on disc as a preorder. Does that mean I don't get the PC version as well? Is that only for digital purchases?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wait a frigging moment. I got this on disc as a preorder. Does that mean I don't get the PC version as well? Is that only for digital purchases?

Yes, it is and likely always will be a perk for digital purchases.

I mean think about it, what is to stop people from buying the Xbox One disc, installing the bonus PC version and then selling the Xbox One disc?

Joeku

Digital only, sorry.

Welp, goddammit. I could have saved provincial sales tax. Shit.

Yes, it is and likely always will be a perk for digital purchases.

I mean think about it, what is to stop people from buying the Xbox One disc, installing the bonus PC version and then selling the Xbox One disc?

Yeah, I get that. I just assumed that there'd be first-read disc solutions for stuff like that. Didn't Sony do that last gen? I am just annoyed that I bought GoW4 on disc and thought I could also get it on PC but alas, I cannot.

Had an amazing game of Escalation earlier where we were 5-2 down and it looked like we were down and out. Ended up winning 7-6. It's a really fun mode when you get a decent team.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Welp, goddammit. I could have saved provincial sales tax. Shit.

Yeah, I get that. I just assumed that there'd be first-read disc solutions for stuff like that. Didn't Sony do that last gen? I am just annoyed that I bought GoW4 on disc and thought I could also get it on PC but alas, I cannot.

I take it back, I did just that with Portal 2 on PS3.

I took the Steam code and sold Portal 2 on ebay for like $40.

FeD.nL

Really loving the game so far.

But please Coalition, just let the game be remade if one time has less players than the other at the start.

So, like others, I have Gears codes to give away. Please, only one per account and only ask if you can't afford it yourself, etc. Quote this post to receive. I will PM them later.

Gears 1
Gears 2
Gears 3
(I'm keeping Judgment)

cyen

So, like others, I have Gears codes to give away. Please, only one per account and only ask if you can't afford it yourself, etc. Quote this post to receive. I will PM them later.

Gears 1
Gears 2
Gears 3
(I'm keeping Judgment)

Never played gears 3, would love to be able to play it.

Anyone reckon Gears will end up coming to Steam at some point?

The price in the UK on the windows store is holding me back from buying it at the moment and the fact it's on the Windows store ¬.¬

But I'm a huge gears fan and I feel like I'm missing out haha! Help me gaf! Should I wait to see if it drops in price or comes to steam? Or is Windows Store that shit that I'm doubtful it will even drop in price any time soon? Never used it due to such the bad rep it's had.

Tecnniqe

Banned

The price in the UK on the windows store is holding me back from buying it at the moment and the fact it's on the Windows store ¬.¬

But I'm a huge gears fan and I feel like I'm missing out haha! Help me gaf! Should I wait to see if it drops in price or comes to steam? Or is Windows Store that shit that I'm doubtful it will even drop in price any time soon? Never used it due to such the bad rep it's had.

Considering its integration seems locked to Windows store (cross play and everything) I doubt it.

If it comes to steam it will be years, so if you are prepared to wait on that then go ahead, otherwise wait for some dire MS Store sale for 5% off or something haha

Can't you buy it from the Singapore store and get it for cheap?

Xater

Had a pretty good Horde round with Iceman and some other guys. Made it to round 46 but then sadly couldn't get past that. Still good effort guys!

Madness

The game is overall very impressive on XB1 but man is it jarring going from 60 fps multiplayer to the very choppy seeming 30ish fps of the campaign.

Just shows how great 60fps is though. But then again, without going down to 30fps, the campaign wouldn't look as good as it does.

So far the only gripe is the checkpoint system. Needs to be more dynamic and more regular. Hardcore seems easier than before for some reason while I am hearing Insane is even more frustrating than previous games.

RedEther

The game is overall very impressive on XB1 but man is it jarring going from 60 fps multiplayer to the very choppy seeming 30ish fps of the campaign.

Horde feels even worse imo

Horde 60fps would be amazing but not possible on the current console. I hope scorpio lives up to the hype.

Ballistik

To get the bonus Walmart Acid Omen skin, use the first two codes on the normal website: https://gears4.rockstarenergy.com/us/

Then use the other two codes on the Walmart Rockstar Site: https://gears4.rockstarenergy.com/walmart

That will get you all 4 unlocks plus the 5th Walmart unlock.

Who wants Rockstar codes? (For free I should add) I unlocked the skins and so I would only be getting XP for the following codes, so I prefer letting you guys get the exclusive skins. I quoted the guy that provided the links to where you submit the codes.

Just finished the campaign. Not the best of the series but did everything right and sets up the new era really good.

Excited to play horde.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Who wants Rockstar codes? (For free I should add) I unlocked the skins and so I would only be getting XP for the following codes, so I prefer letting you guys get the exclusive skins. I quoted the guy that provided the links to where you submit the codes.

meee

Leyasu

Banned
Me. If they work in Europe

peteeM

pretty please?

Madness

I wouldn't mind one.

Xamdou

I'll take one of your Rockstar codes please!

Seriously, the designers of the Swarmak fight are just the worst. Like they probably had a rough childhood or something because WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

Contemplating switching to Normal because this shit just can't stand.

EBE

Just completed the campaign. Very fun with lots of great set pieces with mostly good pacing except for Act 3 which was way too long. That said, the actual story is inconsequential (a bit like Halo 5 actually,if I'm comparing this to the other big Xbox shooter franchise) and the ending is telegraphed TO HELL. Fun game but the story does nothing with its 8 hour or so runtime. Characters were meh. Little personality. But damn if I didn't have fun with it.

Top Bottom