• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Strootman

lmao this fucking weapon

I1nJipt.gif

Pls nerf.

lmao this fucking weapon

I1nJipt.gif

Pls nerf.

because you got 3 kills? A boomshot would have done the same exact thing. Guess we might as well remove all power weapons, they're unfair

The bigger issue is in a 5v2, 3 enemies are grouped up knowing you have a dropshot. People need to work on their awareness..

aBarreras

I don't know that it's cheap, but I went up against cover and was promptly pulled over and knifed without much chance to react. I realize this is always a risk in Gears, but usually there's at least some small chance to react to something if someone is in front of you.

you literally can counter, there is prompt button to reject the yank or the vault kick

you literally can counter, there is prompt button to reject the yank or the vault kick

The time you're allotted to counter a grab or kick is so brief that it may as well not exist. I have an easier time just baiting grabs by backing from cover for a moment, or moving to the side when I see them rushing my cover.

Heck, it's so brief, that I'm still not sure if the key to counter it is "E" or "F". It doesn't stay onscreen long enough for me to read it. I don't even know if I can mash the key or not, just to ensure I can counter the grab.

The time you're allotted to counter a grab or kick is so brief that it may as well not exist. I have an easier time just baiting grabs by backing from cover for a moment.

Heck, it's so brief, that I'm still not sure if the key to counter it is "E" or "F". It doesn't stay onscreen long enough for me to read it.

It's probably F since that's the melee key, E is to pick up weapons and such

Strootman

because you got 3 kills? A boomshot would have done the same exact thing. Guess we might as well remove all power weapons, they're unfair

The bigger issue is in a 5v2, 3 enemies are grouped up knowing you have a dropshot. People need to work on their awareness..

The boomshot would have done just one kill or maybe two. And also with the boomshot you at least have to aim. With dropshot you just pull the trigger and get the kill. Come on it's way too powerful. Don't know why you need to defend it honestly when it's so obvious...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
because those are "ranked matches" and ranked needs 10 players to start, im really hating it, i just play social, but when my friends are with me, we play horde instead because we cant play in groups of more than 2 on social, it is fucking stupid

Play ranked with your friends. Joining a room after the match is over isn't a big deal. Social being the way it is, is amazing for the vast majority of people who play solo or with 1 friend.

Playing horde and 80% of the time people are leaving before round 5. Seriously, it has to be a technical problem at this point. They need to give an option to search for more players at the end/beginning of a round.

The boomshot would have done just one kill or maybe two. And also with the boomshot you at least have to aim. With dropshot you just pull the trigger and get the kill. Come on it's way too powerful. Don't know why you need to defend it honestly when it's so obvious...

Dude they're all basically holding hands. How are you going to say "maybe two"

and I'm "defending" it because the game hasn't even been out a week and you're claiming something is OP. Everything is always OP to people these days, and then calling for nerfs.

You got those kills because your opponents are dumb. There's absolutely no reason why 3 people should be rushing in a group when it's 5v2. You probably shouldn't be rushing regardless especially since they saw you picked up the dropshot, but at least if they attacked you from 3 different angles you would have only killed one at the most.

In your other clip those dudes are clueless as to where you even are because for some reason everyone decided to have a team fight over fucking grenades instead of the dropshot.

I'm not going to support calling a weapon is OP because you're killing human bots.

Man, I really wish most of the first part of this game wasn't spent fighting against robots...it's very, very boring. They're not interesting to fight against. A real step back from the locust.

RoKKeR

Back after a two day break. First map? Sure enough, fuckin' Reclamation!

Also I have to redo my brightness options everytime I start the game. This true for anybody else?

3DShovel

It's almost like all of the shitty Overwatch players have come to social to play KOTH with the goal of not hitting the circle.

Guys on my team just going for kills. Sends me a message after the game asking how my points were still higher.

Caps are worth 2 kills dude, get on the POINT.

Well that was very satisfying!

LOL Holy shit! Best part of the gif is that legit SCRAMBLE that the other team is doing when they realize that they all fucked up.

lack of rolling games is disgusting and the fact you can't choose the game mode on social is even worse.

got my first epic pack, and got 3 stupid emblems, one bad skin for longshot and one ok for gnasher. no legendary or rare skins. fuck that shit

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
lack of rolling games is disgusting and the fact you can't choose the game mode on social is even worse.

got my first epic pack, and got 3 stupid emblems, one bad skin for longshot and one ok for gnasher. no legendary or rare skins. fuck that shit

You can vote in social for the next mode. And lack of rolling lobbies in ranked is far from disgusting.

Wow, the esports pack is pretty nasty, I bought a couple because I thought the kait skin looks really nice, but apparantly you can get dupes for other "esports" items as well.
And I got a skin for Reyna instead....which means there's no way to know how many skins are in there and you could potentially spend thousands and never get the one you want...

That's pretty horrible.

Damn it feels good to win a 1v5 when the other team is talking shit lol

Wow, the esports pack is pretty nasty, I bought a couple because I thought the kait skin looks really nice, but apparantly you can get dupes for other "esports" items as well.
And I got a skin for Reyna instead....which means there's no way to know how many skins are in there and you could potentially spend thousands and never get the one you want...

That's pretty horrible.

That's how all these loot crates work, you can spend thousands and never get the actual item you want.

Beat the game tonight. Gonna go ahead and say that this is one of my favorite Gears campaigns ever. Some sections went on longer than they needed to, and the forced Horde stuff got annoying, but overall I loved it. Fan service everywhere but they took the story and characters in a different direction that felt fresh. I'm 100% behind future Coalition Gears games.
I honestly think they did a much better job than Epic. It's hands down my favorite Gears.

Is it just me or does it sound so stupid when they announce EVERY enemy?

Juvies! More Drones! Another Scion! Snatcher!

Yeah, I can see that.

Are you playing on Insane? because I actually found it really helpful. Sometimes you're focused on taking down an enemy and lose sight of what else is going on. Juvies are annoying as shit and if they catch you off guard you're done. Calling out Scions meant "bring out your torque bow and rip his head off before he turns everyone into the hulk"

It helped me know when I needed to shift my focus and make something else my priority.

leng jai

Yeah, I can see that.

Why is it stupid? It's actually helpful, and if it were in real life I'm pretty sure they would be communicating with each other about what they're up against.

Are you playing on Insane? because I actually found it really helpful. Sometimes you're focused on taking down an enemy and lose sight of what else is going on. Juvies are annoying as shit and if they catch you off guard you're done. Calling out Scions meant "bring out your torque bow and rip his head off before he turns everyone into the hulk"

It helped me know when I needed to shift my focus and make something else my priority.

I'm not, and in that case I see that it would make sense. Just gets tedious on Normal.

That's how all these loot crates work, you can spend thousands and never get the actual item you want.

What do you mean these loot crates? because even though the amount of scrap you get is pitiful, you can still see the things that you can unlock with the regular crates and buy what you actually want with scrap eventually.
Overwatch works the same way.

These esports packs however are 10 bucks a piece, you can't see what drops from it, and you can't buy what you want seperately.
Also it's only available for one day.
This is the worst "lootcrate" I've ever seen in a game.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How does the Gnasher feel to everyone so far?

I feel like it's good most times, and then has a couple bullshit moments here and there. Both on my side and the enemies'.

EDIT: This coming from someone who is a Gears MP noob.

What do you mean these loot crates? because even though the amount of scrap you get is pitiful, you can still see the things that you can unlock with the regular crates and buy what you actually want with scrap eventually.
Overwatch works the same way.

These esports packs however are 10 bucks a piece, you can't see what drops from it, and you can't buy what you want seperately.
Also it's only available for one day.
This is the worst "lootcrate" I've ever seen in a game.

I wanted to get one for Kait, but I guess I'll pass especially at that price. Looks like MS doesn't want me to spend money either since it says it's not available even though it's after 9PM on a Saturday for me.

SlickVic

Just on the Prologue on Hardcore, the
part after killing the Corpser and facing the armor or boomers
. I love how much easier that section is if you completely ignore the game's advice to use the Hammer of Dawn and instead use the Mulcher, grenades, and regular weapons. I died a good 5 times waiting to line up the Hammer of Dawn while Boomers and everyone else is shooting at you. I forgot how slow that weapon is. I'm glad they designed another way through it.

MCD

Anyone get a serious Uncharted/Sony art direction vibe from the new art direction/environment? Not complaining tbh because I love it.

Trojan

Yeah, I can see that.

Lmao they've been doing this since the first Gears and it's always sounded hilarious. Marcus is the original bro.

THROWING SMOKE!

REAVER!

GRUBS!

CORPSERRRRR!!!

JimiNutz

Banned
How does the Gnasher feel to everyone so far?

I feel like it's good most times, and then has a couple bullshit moments here and there. Both on my side and the enemies'.

EDIT: This coming from someone who is a Gears MP noob.

I still find the Gnasher infuriating.
It's better than past Gears games but still seems so inconsistent. Sometimes people explode into a pile of meat chunks in one shot and other times it doesn't seem to do anything!
Maybe I'm just shit with the weapon though because other people seem to think it's fine lol

Top Bottom